Sheridan out

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Any evidence? Your man Worcester will want to see it.

Evidence of what?  It's hardly rocket science to work out that abject neglect of the club in all aspects might have left a few things to sort out on top of debts.  I recall that supporters' caches were not being run because they'd pissed off every coach firm in town.  They are now.  I don't doubt for a second that there were plenty of similar circumstances.  Sometimes common sense is enough evidence.  Give it a go.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Evidence of what?  It's hardly rocket science to work out that abject neglect of the club in all aspects might have left a few things to sort out on top of debts.  I recall that supporters' caches were not being run because they'd pissed off every coach firm in town.  They are now.  I don't doubt for a second that there were plenty of similar circumstances.  Sometimes common sense is enough evidence.  Give it a go.

Common sense tells me such scenarios shouldn't really be an issue now with a well respected local businessman at the helm and that businesses will be grateful for every penny they can get in the current climate.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Common sense tells me such scenarios shouldn't really be an issue now with a well respected local businessman at the helm and that businesses will be grateful for every penny they can get in the current climate.

i give up

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Loads

How do you know?

I think the distinction between on and off-field issues is a bit spurious actually. The same (small number of) senior people have to worry about both.

From what I have read on here :

1)  I can imagine the H&S challenges are considerable

2) there have been asset ownership issues to resolve

3) the gaps in corporate roles are significant and need to be filled

4) revenue generation doesn't happen by accident ; people have to develop products and then market them

5) not all the target audiences for (4) above are fans

6) the risk register must make interesting reading

7) assessing what you have to do to be compliant with NL Rules must be time-consuming

And that is without the well documented issues on the pitch which are deeply entrenched and cannot be resolved quickly.

I'd characterise the task facing your club's management at the moment as being akin to rebuilding a boat whilst being obliged to continue rowing it at the same time. Anybody who expects swift and sustained improvement is wishing for an awful lot and ignoring reality - in my opinion. And whilst I know I don't have a dog in this fight. I just think there are a few people who really don't comprehend the size of the hole you are trying to climb out of.

6 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I think the distinction between on and off-field issues is a bit spurious actually. The same (small number of) senior people have to worry about both.

4) revenue generation doesn't happen by accident ; people have to develop products and then market them

7) assessing what you have to do to be compliant with NL Rules must be time-consuming

And that is without the well documented issues on the pitch which are deeply entrenched and cannot be resolved quickly.

I'd characterise the task facing your club's management at the moment as being akin to rebuilding a boat whilst being obliged to continue rowing it at the same time. Anybody who expects swift and sustained improvement is wishing for an awful lot and ignoring reality - in my opinion. And whilst I know I don't have a dog in this fight. I just think there are a few people who really don't comprehend the size of the hole you are trying to climb out of.

Honestly man all I'm bothered about is winning football matches. The manager isn't doing it and should be sacked as a result. It really is that simple...

8 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

On the pitch can be resolved very quickly by recruiting better players and coaching staff. The other stuff is largely irrelevant to but all a small group. Sort that first and the rest of the stuff will follow anyway.

26 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

The on field ship is sinking fast, taking with it several thousand disillusioned fans.

Send out the lifeboats.

And with that, OWTB is healed. We're back baby!

:locker:

You can start a new thread about this if you want - please just stop being dicks to each other.  We all want the same thing even if we disagree on the things needed to reach it.  Christ it's boring.

• Ackey locked this topic

Archived