Sheridan out

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm asking what are the board going to do about it and will our protests groups dare raise the question?

I would if I met Frank face to face, I'd tell him if investment in better players and management isn't forthcoming it will kill all his goodwill and take us into the Conference North.

There will be no  brass band parades then, just  3,000 less supporters.

Come on BP, we can't be expecting an owner to be investing their own personal wealth into things like improving the playing staff.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a heavy heart I've accepted that it is time to part company with John Sheridan, I hope it is done in a respectful manner.

We need two more things from the board also..

We need to recruit a young keen manager who fancies themselves as a tactician who preferably has experience at this level and we also need some of from the board to come out with a plan so fans can understand whats going on behind the scene to help the new manager.

1 minute ago, wroteforluck87 said:

With a heavy heart I've accepted that it is time to part company with John Sheridan, I hope it is done in a respectful manner.

We need two more things from the board also..

We need to recruit a young keen manager who fancies themselves as a tactician who preferably has experience at this level and we also need some of from the board to come out with a plan so fans can understand whats going on behind the scene to help the new manager.

Darren Currie...?

37 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Come on BP, we can't be expecting an owner to be investing their own personal wealth into things like improving the playing staff.

So we get no investment and drop down the leagues? 

Frank needs to invest in the product on the pitch just like he's done with his business.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Frank needs to invest in the product on the pitch just like he's done with his business.

Only he (if anyone) knows why he feels the need to post deliberately provocative statements like that so often.  Odd hobby.  I've taken the pledge not to bite anymore

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If we take what he said on the podcast with Ian Cheeseman at face value, and many were reluctant to do so when it came out, then all his investment money has been spent.

Just now, deyres42 said:

If we take what he said on the podcast with Ian Cheeseman at face value, and many were reluctant to do so when it came out, then all his investment money has been spent.

This seriously worries me and I think people are just choosing to ignore it. He said this in the interview like you highlight and his son said in the programme that they only had enough funds due to the increase in the cabins business performance as a result of covid. Long story short, don’t think these guys have enough funds to really help us to stop the decline. I hope I am wrong. 

11 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

This seriously worries me and I think people are just choosing to ignore it. He said this in the interview like you highlight and his son said in the programme that they only had enough funds due to the increase in the cabins business performance as a result of covid. Long story short, don’t think these guys have enough funds to really help us to stop the decline. I hope I am wrong. 

I would imagine the board are seeking further investment and revenue streams which is going to take a lot of time and effort and is appreciated. What I don't see, is any investor having confidence in the club maintaining its current status given the disaster on the pitch. Are the two mutual? I'm not knowledgeable enough to make a confident comment.

It's early days business-wise but urgent regarding the playing side of things.
Sheridan should not be given any more leeway because he is failing miserably.

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I would imagine the board are seeking further investment and revenue streams which is going to take a lot of time and effort and is appreciated. What I don't see, is any investor having confidence in the club maintaining its current status given the disaster on the pitch. Are the two mutual? I'm not knowledgeable enough to make a confident comment.

In that case they should stick with Sheridan until they feel they can take the club forward. Another man will come in and fail under the current setup and investment in my opinion. Then we start this cycle again. 

18 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Frank says he likes a challenge, not with this predicament it seems.

4 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

The worst part is that if we stick with Sheridan, I can't see where a win is going to come from. We haven't got a prolific goalscorer. We haven't got goals in this team. Can you see this team going on a winning run or even getting back to back wins? I can't. 

We could beat Eastleigh and all will be said is well again.

But it won't be in the long term.

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

So why don't the board tell us this. so much for better communication.

Frank was in the away end before kick off at Woking taking photos with fans and singing.

He clearly loves the idea of owning Oldham and I'm truly grateful to him for saving us from oblivion.

However unless he changes the manager now, and the board release some investment, which they will need to do to get a new manager and associated support staff, we are heading towards the oblivion of NLN anyway....and he will be 12m quid worse off. 

Fuck me he's only been here 6 weeks. Give him chance FFS.

We've got Kevin Roberts and Peter Norbury on the board, both of whom will have extensive contacts in football and the financial world.

We're Lucky Frank managed to cobble enough funds together to buy us outright. If he hadn't it was curtains. Let's give him & the board chance to bring outside investment in. It doesn't happen overnight.

14 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Fuck me he's only been here 6 weeks. Give him chance FFS.

We've got Kevin Roberts and Peter Norbury on the board, both of whom will have extensive contacts in football and the financial world.

We're Lucky Frank managed to cobble enough funds together to buy us outright. If he hadn't it was curtains. Let's give him & the board chance to bring outside investment in. It doesn't happen overnight.

It shouldnt have come to this on field shambles, it was obvious from last season and pre season of this no strategy was in place to make sure the razamataz was backed up by team performances.

If they sit back and let it happen all goodwill be be lost. Is that what they really want?

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It shouldnt have come to this on field shambles, it was obvious from last season and pre season of this no strategy was in place to make sure the razamataz was backed up by team performances.

If they sit back and let it happen all goodwill be be lost. Is that what they really want?

I agree with that BP and the hard fact is that it's time for Shez to go, however that may come about.

But some are crying that Frank's skint, ignoring the fact that if he didn't spend all his money buying us, there would have been no club to support.

Archived