Sheridan out

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Sounds mental after 2.5 games but I honestly couldn’t agree more. 

I mean it’s never gonna happen, or at least until we find ourselves in the bottom 2, but one can hope.

Go back 10 games if you wish.....

Will sound drastic to some but take the heart out of it and think with the head and it makes sense.

The level of coaching in this country has shot up in the last 10years, Shez is out of touch and has failed at his last handful of clubs. 

Just now, b0ndl1ne said:

Will sound drastic to some but take the heart out of it and think with the head and it makes sense.

The level of coaching in this country has shot up in the last 10years, Shez is out of touch and has failed at his last handful of clubs. 

Not many top coaches these days stand there swearing at players for 90 mins.

Pete Wild is streets ahead as a great example of one that got away. 

Big Sam syndrome. He nearly saved us by bollocking them but it died off and died quickly. Shite ever since.

I’ve said all summer I have serious reservations about him staying. His recent track record is poor, and I don’t think he’s even got a style of play anymore. Then add in his tactics and team selection and it’s difficult to make a case for him, other than- he’s a legend, and he deserves more than one bad result. But the writing is on the wall in medium term in my opinion. 

To be fair totally outplayed by two part time teams at home. Continues to play Stobbs and most of the other players running about like headess chickens. Most of these are his players. How long will Frank and co give him is anyones guess. But that result tonight is pathetic.

Sad to say I agree. It really isn’t about these 3 games it’s about the last 15 and the obvious gulf between his thinking and where the game is now….Owen and The Moroccan only reappointed him to try and keep a few fans onside and it briefly worked but in our heart of hearts most of us knew his time is done…..jeez even he pretty much said that when he came back

It’s a real shame but the club is bigger than one person. He will always be Lord Shez to us but I sadly have very little confidence that he can deliver what we need now.

Have to agree in the first two games letting teams just play through us & tonight i will into in more detail in the match thread but the first half the time & space they had was ridiculous and no attempt to adapt our tactics is not good enough, the basics are not even being down to a standard.

Realistically, shez was the best chance of us staying up last season with the situation at the club. That situation has now changed. If this was an open post and shez applied he wouldn't even get a look in. It would be a great shame to waste the momentum the club has right now just for the sake of 'stability'.

I am still loyal to Shez and it will take a lot to change my mind.

Having said that tonight was awful.

They made us look second best by being better organized with a game plan and those early goals were killers.We missed a couple of early chances but they marked us out of the game winning second balls out muscling  us and we looked second best. 

I hope our long trip to Southend is more fruitful since I dont like long coach trips back in silence

I'm not Sheridan out just yet. I really do think it's too soon. Get some players in and see how we do. Although, I will agree, these first few games haven't been impressive. Even against Dorking, we let them have far too much of the ball. Do the players know that pre season is over? Some of our tempo has been so laid back.

Archived