Sheridan out

1 hour ago, Steve_R said:

Wait till the next one's been here a few weeks. Everyone will be saying the same about him

He hasn’t been here a few weeks. He’s been here since Jan. Prior to that-  his last 3 jobs were a disaster. He’s been given everything he wanted since he came back, but somehow shouldn’t take any responsibility. 

He called himself a dinasour, but came to help us. It didn’t work. 

Time to move on. 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

somehow shouldn’t take any responsibility. 

To be fair he has said on more than one occasion that he brought the players in believing they were good enough and shoulders full responsibility for the results.

He even said it again pre game today that the team he picks for tonight will be good enough to put in a performance.

In my opinion I honestly don’t believe  he had seen the vast majority of these signings actually play prior to signing them and that includes the new striker on loan from Burnley!

I don’t think he is anywhere near thorough enough and is not putting the necessary effort in to be able to do the job to the required standard.

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

To be fair he has said on more than one occasion that he brought the players in believing they were good enough and shoulders full responsibility for the results.

Yep, he says it every week- then in the next sentence blames the players because they can’t make decisions or play a simple pass. When one or two players are struggling, this has credence. When the whole team can’t pass, won’t run or track, and look lost or devoid of confidence. There is one common denominator, and it’s not the players. 

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It’s time.

😞

Listening to his after match comments tonight he’s going nowhere.

It’s like listening to a broken record and unfortunately It doesn’t sound like he’s got any intention at all of resigning.

I think Joe or Darren would have to have a word in his ear and come to some sort of mutual agreement, that’s providing they actually want him out!

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

John Sheridan will always remain an absolute legend in my eyes but, for whatever reason, it is clear he has "lost" the dressing room. His end is now inevitable.

That said, the squad is utter shite (assembled in dire circumstances, to be fair) and I don't expect much improvement under a new manager unless half a dozen quality players are brought in. It's a real dilemma but the owner is in danger of losing all the goodwill (and more importantly paying fans on the day) if performances/results don't improve rapidly.

Frank - I`m afraid you are going to have to speculate to accumulate - sanction the acquisition of some quality players and we'll have a chance to go up (even perhaps this season). Stick with the present squad and we'll languish bottom half - and crowds will plummet.

For clarification, I wish the owner would sanction some quality signings by Shez but I think Shez may also now have lost goodwill amongst too large a section of the fanbase. Even someone as loyal to Shez as me accepts that the club must come first, so change does now need to 

Speak up Frank, fans who you took on the crest of a wave will soon be falling off the boat.

Let us know what what you think of this situation.

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Still no place for Vaughan on the bench despite us having the shittest midfield in football, deserves to go for that alone imo, sick to fucking death of him telling us what's wrong and not changing it, fucking stupid, stubborn and not up to it.

I can’t see any logic in at least having Vaughn on the bench other than perhaps they’re involved in negotiations re moving him on in a sale.

If Sheridan does go, the fella who comes in has got a big job ahead of him. The majority of our squad needs binning, apart from maybe two or three. It's evident most of our players are absolutely garbage. In all the games we've played so far, we've not played ONE convincing game. Sheridan needs to go, but so do most of our squad. 

4 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

If Sheridan does go, the fella who comes in has got a big job ahead of him. The majority of our squad needs binning, apart from maybe two or three. It's evident most of our players are absolutely garbage. In all the games we've played so far, we've not played ONE convincing game. Sheridan needs to go, but so do most of our squad. 

It has to be said, Hogan aside (from the little I've seen), if Mo had brought this squad together there would be lynch mobs gathering, I didn't think it was possible to beat Whelan, Pidge and Fage for shite but we've managed it 

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Will protests be made to the current board about our dire league situation and lack of investment in players?

Doubt if they will say anything to avoid rocking the boat.

Anyone who thinks the previous protests were all about results or signings clearly wasn't paying attention.

1 minute ago, dannyboy55555 said:

We've brought in lots of players BP...cant really blame the board.

I'm asking what are the board going to do about it and will our protests groups dare raise the question?

I would if I met Frank face to face, I'd tell him if investment in better players and management isn't forthcoming it will kill all his goodwill and take us into the Conference North.

There will be no  brass band parades then, just  3,000 less supporters.

13 hours ago, Steve_R said:

Wait till the next one's been here a few weeks. Everyone will be saying the same about him

Hopefully we won’t be hiring someone who, as manager, has lost 46 of the last 76 games (61%)… with only 18 wins! 

Archived