Sheridan out

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It shouldnt have come to this on field shambles, it was obvious from last season and pre season of this no strategy was in place to make sure the razamataz was backed up by team performances.

If they sit back and let it happen all goodwill be be lost. Is that what they really want?

The same 3 or 4 posts worded slightly differently. 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

If they sit back and let it happen all goodwill be be lost. Is that what they really want?

That's bollocks BP. Most right thinking fans (admittedly probably numbering in the dozens!) can recognise that you don't turn around 30 years of decline in a couple of months. If the football side of things has to take second fiddle for a while, so be it. I may be alone here, but I'd rather have someone like Frank in charge and us be playing in the NLN, than a fuckwit like AL and us in the conference.

5 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

That's bollocks BP. Most right thinking fans (admittedly probably numbering in the dozens!) can recognise that you don't turn around 30 years of decline in a couple of months. If the football side of things has to take second fiddle for a while, so be it. I may be alone here, but I'd rather have someone like Frank in charge and us be playing in the NLN, than a fuckwit like AL and us in the conference.

I don't think anyone was expecting us to immediately be the best run club in the world. But imo, the most important thing for a football club is the football bit. Getting the best out of the resources at your disposal (whilst we begin fixing all the problems of the past) should be the plan. Shez isn't doing that......

Just now, doctor evil said:

I don't think anyone was expecting us to immediately be the best run club in the world. But imo, the most important thing for a football club is the football bit. Getting the best out of the resources at your disposal (whilst we begin fixing all the problems of the past) should be the plan. Shez isn't doing that......

Agree, and I think the time is right for a change. And the noises around different managers being sounded out suggest the board are thinking the same.

18 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

So to be clear. You think it's OK not to make any more investment in the team, and for the football side of things to take second fiddle. 

Have you actually watched the dross our current squad have served up this season.

You then expect the fans to be happy with this approach whilst the team sinks to even lower depths and into the NLN?

Last time I looked we were a FOOTBALL CLUB.

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

So to be clear. You think it's OK not to make any more investment in the team, and for the football side of things to take second fiddle. 

Have you actually watched the dross our current squad have served up this season.

You then expect the fans to be happy with this approach whilst the team sinks to even lower depths and into the NLN?

Last time I looked we were a FOOTBALL CLUB.

Not sure I said any of the above. But maybe our new ownership are looking to stabilise the business first before committing to new contracts for players etc? We're 8 games in - hardly certs for relegation.

25 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Not sure I said any of the above. But maybe our new ownership are looking to stabilise the business first before committing to new contracts for players etc? We're 8 games in - hardly certs for relegation.

I think the point is Frank has built up expectations to crowds attending up to 8,000 - with the bonus revenue that brings.

Now because of the abysmal team performances that expectation is turning sour and it will soon be back to 4,000 and that revenue lost.

That's not good business sense in  my eyes.

We can't go on like this, something has to give.

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I think the point is Frank has built up expectations to crowds attending up to 8,000 - with the bonus revenue that brings.

Now because of the abysmal team performances that expectation is turning sour and it will soon be back to 4,000 and that revenue lost.

That's not good business sense in  my eyes.

We can't go on like this, something has to give.

What expectations has he built up?

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

What expectations has he built up?

Razamataz, brass bands, the feel good factor, massive crowd boosts, optimism. Now going down the pan due to abysmal  team performances and silence about how its going to be remedied.

Or do we go down to the Conference North  as long as the stadium takes priority?

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

What do you think - any truth in the rumour that Sheridan offered his resignation today and it was turned down?

Can't possibly be true. If it is true, and they've turned it down, then it's probably for the best that they hand the club back over to the Lemsagam brothers...

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Razamataz, brass bands, the feel good factor, maasive crowd boosts, optimism. Now going down the pan due to abysmal  team performances and silence about how its going to be remedied.

Or do we go down to the Conference North  as long as the stadium takes priority?

Think it's more the infrastructure rather than the stadium.

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Can't possibly be true. If it is true, and they've turned it down, then it's probably for the best that they hand the club back over to the Lemsagam brothers...

Lack of funding in from owners to the playing side, short terms cheap loans, strong rumours they're looking at alternative managers and Sheridan looking lifeless. I think he's essentially a caretaker manager. Wouldn't suprise me if he keeping the place ticking until they get the right manager. 

4 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Think it's more the infrastructure rather than the stadium.

How long would that take the very successful business people on our board to sort? A week? Two?

We aren't a massive club will tons of revenue streams and add ons.

8 minutes ago, Clifford said:

How long would that take the very successful business people on our board to sort? A week? Two?

😂🤣😆. Yep.  Takes a week or tow to, for example, sort out proper staffing for all departments.  You live in a fantasy world

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

😂🤣😆. Yep.  Takes a week or tow to, for example, sort out proper staffing for all departments.  You live in a fantasy world

Restructuring the staffing of a very small football club would take Darren Royle perhaps a week given he knows what a club needs? If that? This is what we have, this is what we need. Get the adverts out. Next.

This idea it's a massive web to untangle is strange given how many board members we have and what a small club we are. They found time to sort a prayer room out (fantastic idea IMO) so it can't all be essential urgent work. 

It's certainly no excuse to let the main aspect of the business rot.

Just now, deyres42 said:

How much sorting does a non league club with no ambition need?

Just a manager who can employ good tactics and coaching. Today he's demanding improvement from the players. Same after every defeat.

Asked why he wont play Harry Vaughan he replied. 'It's my decision, that's it really'

You couldn't make it up.

Archived