Sheridan out

Guest Stanley30
50 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Razamataz, brass bands, the feel good factor, massive crowd boosts, optimism. Now going down the pan due to abysmal  team performances and silence about how its going to be remedied.

Or do we go down to the Conference North  as long as the stadium takes priority?

Thought ur were not posting in this forum any more? Seems to have lasted a day and now your back with gusto? 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Thought ur were not posting in this forum any more? Seems to have lasted a day and now your back with gusto? 

I just block nasty posters now, it seems to be working. You are not on the list though(yet).😉

16 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Restructuring the staffing of a very small football club would take Darren Royle perhaps a week given he knows what a club needs? If that? This is what we have, this is what we need. Get the adverts out. Next.

Just bizarre.  You seriously think that people can come into a failing business, assess what they have, assess what they need, advertise, complete the recruitment process and train the new staff up inside a week.  Just a guess but I doubt you've run a business.

The knee jerk reaction by Shez to relegation along with his vow to get us back up at the 1st attempt is what has fuelled this piss boil!!

Because of this, expectation levels are through the roof. 

I don’t think for one minute the vast majority of fans believed we could actually get back up at the first attempt but a top half position and maybe even a playoff assault was an achievable aim.

Howey, this squad Shez has put together are nowhere near that and in my opinion he is solely to blame!

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Just bizarre.  You seriously think that people can come into a failing business, assess what they have, assess what they need, advertise, complete the recruitment process and train the new staff up inside a week.  Just a guess but I doubt you've run a business.

Frank and Darren have been looking at the business for months, not a week.

Many of those processes happen over a long period and therefore are not 8hr a day tasks. Have you ever restructured and recruited? It's a long drawn out process and is not labour intensive all day each day.

If you tell me Darren Royle is selling shirts, Franks on the ticket office and the other board members are cutting the grass while they wait on appointments to posts fair enough. 

There are a number of board members working on the business. There main source of income is at risk of fading if fans stop coming.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Razamataz, brass bands, the feel good factor, massive crowd boosts, optimism. Now going down the pan due to abysmal  team performances and silence about how its going to be remedied.

Or do we go down to the Conference North  as long as the stadium takes priority?

Nothing about expectations I note.

The fact of the matter is that we haven't played one solid game of Football this season. That first home against Dorking, we were bloody lucky that the game didn't have 10 minutes left. We looked crap in that second half. As for the rest of the games, absolutely dire. I can deal with losing games that we've put effort into. I can deal with losing games that we've gave a good go. However, they look clueless out there. Rabbits caught in headlights. They look unfit too. 

Saturday might turn a bit toxic.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

So the "razamataz" to celebrate the back of Red Fleece and the Chuckle Brothers, and the first home game under new and local ownership, equates to a drive for promotion/walking the "pub league". Thanks for clearing that up. You're going to be disappointed then when we don't waltz through L2 next season and back into L1.  

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

😂🤣😆. Yep.  Takes a week or tow to, for example, sort out proper staffing for all departments.  You live in a fantasy world

To be fair, Dave Og, this is clearly where it's all gone wrong and I can't believe Frank has procrastinated. If only Clifford and deyres42 had take over the club we would have had all off-pitch issues sorted by mid-August and would now be several points clear at the top of the NL.

To Clifford and deyres42, I only have one question: I recognise your immense knowledge of how to run a football club on and off the pitch (surely only a matter of time before the Glazers call you in), but in return, enlighten us all - which of you is Waldorf and which is Statler?

8 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

To be fair, Dave Og, this is clearly where it's all gone wrong and I can't believe Frank has procrastinated. If only Clifford and deyres42 had take over the club we would have had all off-pitch issues sorted by mid-August and would now be several points clear at the top of the NL.

To Clifford and deyres42, I only have one question: I recognise your immense knowledge of how to run a football club on and off the pitch (surely only a matter of time before the Glazers call you in), but in return, enlighten us all - which of you is Waldorf and which is Statler?

It was my 60th birthday party at the weekend and in my highly witty and amusing (if I say so myself) speech I made great ironic play about my reputation for being a right grumpy so and so*.  I'm a rank amateur compared to those two though.

* - Actually, I'm not; it's just that some people get my sense of humour, and the rest can sod off...  🤣

20 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

How many off field issues can there be to resolve if you are debt free, not seeking to gain promotion and in receipt of hundreds of thousands of pounds of unbudgeted income? What are these 'serious, well connected' board members bringing to the table?

39 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

How many off field issues can there be to resolve if you are debt free, not seeking to gain promotion and in receipt of hundreds of thousands of pounds of unbudgeted income? What are these 'serious, well connected' board members bringing to the table?

Loads

How do you know?

Archived