MATCH: vs Boreham Wood (A) 10/09/22 POSTPONED

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

To grieve what though? 

Is anyone grieving? Other than family and friends. 

My sarcasm doesn't come across well. 

It's sad that a monarch who has reigned for 71 years has passed away, and I'm sure she has done a lot of good in her life. But I'm not sure my life has been any the better or worse for her being spoon fed every day. 

To me I think this is the beginning of the end for the royal family, she has held a disfunctional family together for many years hopefully justice will prevail. 

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

It's sad that a monarch who has reigned for 71 years has passed away, and I'm sure she has done a lot of good in her life. But I'm not sure my life has been any the better or worse for her being spoon fed every day. 

To me I think this is the beginning of the end for the royal family, she has held a disfunctional family together for many years hopefully justice will prevail. 

Haha I genuinely thought you expected our players to be too upset to play. 

43 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The Queen was a constant in my life, although like you, she had no direct bearing on my daily activities - but she has always been there, just like my own mother who is even older than the Queen was. To pay respect to such an important figure in British history is a given, in my opinion, and a break in the events calendar is probably the only way the sporting community can pay its respects.

It doesn't matter what we think, she was a historically important person and whatever opinion individuals may rightly have, our world is going to stop turning for a brief moment in time while this event is processed in the tradition of our nation. I think you are way wide of the mark with your comment regarding the Royal family. Her successor, who is perhaps an intermediary monarch until the younger royals take centre stage, will step up to the plate. 

On a footballing note, I feel [hope] this little mini-break will be beneficial to our team. :)

Utter nonsense / tone deaf decision.

Radio was intollerable today, TV is taken over, advertising billboards were supplanted with pics of the Queen. and now sports have been cancelled or postponed. It's like living in a mad house.

On top of that, we're getting the freak show/ extra pomp and expense of a state funeral, a coronation and maybe a bank holiday, all at a time when the nation is struggling financially.

I held no ill will towards Queen Lizzy personally, but I didn't care about her either. I can think of hundreds of celebrities whose deaths made me sadder.

She was a 96-Year-Old, very wealthy figurehead. Nothing more than a handwaving/handshaking statue to be inexplicably admired by the common folk . A symbol to appease the symbol minded. This whole circus (much like with Prince Phillip and Princess Di) just feels like most of the UK population is being gaslit by the media, the politicians and other influencers.

I'll be glad when it's all over, and the media can then settle themselves back down to merely being pathologically obsessed with the Royal Family.

for some reason l can not edit that overly agressive post above.

apologies for that, it was insensitive and wrong.

what l meant to say is 'l dont believe you are 'greiving' youre just doing what your tv is telling you to do.'

l'll be upset when David 'Bumble' Lloyd, Mick Jagger or Bob Dylan dies, but l won't be claiming that l'm greiving.

l could be wrong of course, l won't rule that out. but l can not see how anybody can be 'greiving' a rich old racist oppressor who lived a rich, full life that we paid for.

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Absolutely wrong decision imho, the RFU statement is spot on…sport is about community and sticking together through good times and bad…we should have gone ahead and paid our respects before ko

thats the reason we arent. they are scared of the reaction at clubs such as celtic, libpool, aberdeen etc

7 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

thats the reason we arent. they are scared of the reaction at clubs such as celtic, libpool, aberdeen etc

There will be a next game. It will be commereated. There will be a reaction in those places. The media will probably just show Cockerneys dressed in Union Jack suits belting out the old national anthem. 

7 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

There will be a next game. It will be commereated. There will be a reaction in those places. The media will probably just show Cockerneys dressed in Union Jack suits belting out the old national anthem. 

yeah but it won't be as virulent after a week.

unless of course the media spends that whole week forcing its propaganda down our necks..

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Well it shows no sign of abating. 

l'm taking a pre arranged break from the UK for most of september based on our fixtures but l have recieved some updates and it sounds pathetic AF.

altho l think lve got two days there later this week, probably picked the funeral day knowing me 🙄

9 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

for some reason l can not edit that overly agressive post above.

apologies for that, it was insensitive and wrong.

what l meant to say is 'l dont believe you are 'greiving' youre just doing what your tv is telling you to do.'

l'll be upset when David 'Bumble' Lloyd, Mick Jagger or Bob Dylan dies, but l won't be claiming that l'm greiving.

l could be wrong of course, l won't rule that out. but l can not see how anybody can be 'greiving' a rich old racist oppressor who lived a rich, full life that we paid for.

I'm no Royalist, but how would you when in your 90s like being dragged out of bed maybe at 6am and told you have to unveil a plaque about 200 miles away?😕

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You wouldn't like being a royal Monty, its like being forced against your will to watch Latics.😆

oh l dunno, jus think of my excellent people skills and ability to not turn a mundane event into a controversy with one throw away sentence!!!

Archived