MATCH: vs Boreham Wood (A) 10/09/22 POSTPONED

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following the death of the queen, the government has announced a period of ten days official mourning. It is highly likely that the National League will postpone this weekend’s games. We will know later this morning. 

I sincerely hope that Sport can continue as normal after the weekend. 

May she rest in peace.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I sincerely hope that Sport can continue as normal after the weekend. 

Quite. 

While it’s sad of course, I must admit that I don’t see the need for life to stop for such an extended period. It’s nothing to do with the queen per se, it’s the convention of 10 days of mourning for the head of state. 

37 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I honestly think matches should go ahead on Saturday, respect can be made in many ways and thousand of people coming together is a good thing imho…as I said on the other thread; why not have the national anthem before every game?

Could be awkward singing about the King, instead of the late Queen?

23 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Could be awkward singing about the King, instead of the late Queen?

Personal opinion I'd drop the National anthem after a period of grace. A rousing instrumental one as footballers only mumble words anyway.

• Matt changed the title to MATCH: vs Boreham Wood (A) 10/09/22 POSTPONED
30 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

They play the American National Anthem before every single sporting game over here. Pure indoctrination. A different singer for each game too. 

friend of mine (Latics22's bro) moved to the USA for a girl and one of his jobs they played it every single day and everybody had to stand up and remove any headwear.

land of the free my arse.

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Won’t kill anyone to have a weekend off from football… and some might appreciate the time. 

Not sure why anyone would or should have a problem with this.

The problem being that people have planned to go I assume. Some might appreciate the time, but they could not go to the game if the game was on. 

Sad when anyone dies but strange for some sports etc. to be stopped for it. 

16 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

The problem being that people have planned to go I assume. Some might appreciate the time, but they could not go to the game if the game was on. 

Sad when anyone dies but strange for some sports etc. to be stopped for it. 

The players and officials at all sports need their time to grieve, 2 days should do it, bit of a break then another day of grieving at the funeral. 

Archived