MATCH: vs Boreham Wood (A) 10/09/22 POSTPONED

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to do with the match but I hate the word 'passed' or the phrase 'passed away' as though in some way it is disrespectful or possibly offensive to some people if you just say die or died. Surprisingly most news readers/reporters on the BBC and indeed the Royal family themselves have said she had died.

Just saying.......

1 minute ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Nothing to do with the match but I hate the word 'passed' or the phrase 'passed away' as though in some way it is disrespectful or possibly offensive to some people if you just say die or died. Surprisingly most news readers/reporters on the BBC and indeed the Royal family themselves have said she had died.

Just saying.......

Boring without the footy isn’t it. 

1 hour ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Just saying.......

She passed............Just like the wind

18 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

blatant pretending right here. 

Leave it out, Monty, you know absolute zero about me but let me enlighten people.

I am NOT a royalist, my affinity is for the Queen only and not the media-fuelled royal family circus to which the papers, TV and Twatter subjects anyone who cares enough to pay attention. My affinity comes through my mother [she always likes to draw parallels between herself and the queen - deluded, of course] who is slightly older and just as close to death, so yes, I feel it because it brings it home. I am not grieving.

Like others, I am already done with the saturated coverage and at least we have the choice of streaming services to watch and listen to instead. I am disappointed there is no football this weekend but I guess we will just have to wait another three days for our next piss boil. It was obvious what national sport was going to do, I feel they really had no choice.

This surreal state of suspension will not be done until her state burial is over. I won't be watching it but if others wish to do so then that is their choice. It doesn't matter what state the economy is in because tradition will always win in the end.

4 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Just saying.......

It's just a choice of words and a turn of phrase, all means the same in the end [literally].

3 hours ago, Wardie said:

Leave it out, Monty, you know absolute zero about me but let me enlighten people.

I am NOT a royalist, my affinity is for the Queen only and not the media-fuelled royal family circus to which the papers, TV and Twatter subjects anyone who cares enough to pay attention. My affinity comes through my mother [she always likes to draw parallels between herself and the queen - deluded, of course] who is slightly older and just as close to death, so yes, I feel it because it brings it home. I am not grieving.

Like others, I am already done with the saturated coverage and at least we have the choice of streaming services to watch and listen to instead. I am disappointed there is no football this weekend but I guess we will just have to wait another three days for our next piss boil. It was obvious what national sport was going to do, I feel they really had no choice.

This surreal state of suspension will not be done until her state burial is over. I won't be watching it but if others wish to do so then that is their choice. It doesn't matter what state the economy is in because tradition will always win in the end.

Rugby Union, Rugby League, cricket, golf, motor sport and I'm sure many others all went ahead today. Of course they had a choice. 

8 hours ago, Wardie said:

what?? you said the world was going to stop. it wasn't and it didn't, you were pretending.

nothing about you atall.

you were just pretending the world would stop, for some strange reason, so l said 'blatant pretending right here' . l didnt say anything about you, or your views, in the slightest. apart from the pretending bit.

4 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Rugby Union, Rugby League, cricket, golf, motor sport and I'm sure many others all went ahead today. Of course they had a choice. 

almost makes me want to BOOOOOO. but l won't.

if they want to force their views upon me l will acquiesce out of respect for 60 seconds. they treat us like idiots.

• Matt unfeatured this topic
On 9/9/2022 at 7:22 PM, Monty Burns said:

for some reason l can not edit that overly agressive post above.

apologies for that, it was insensitive and wrong.

what l meant to say is 'l dont believe you are 'greiving' youre just doing what your tv is telling you to do.'

l'll be upset when David 'Bumble' Lloyd, Mick Jagger or Bob Dylan dies, but l won't be claiming that l'm greiving.

l could be wrong of course, l won't rule that out. but l can not see how anybody can be 'greiving' a rich old racist oppressor who lived a rich, full life that we paid for.

I saw him live a few months ago. You might want to get yourself ready. 

On 9/11/2022 at 4:31 AM, Monty Burns said:

what?? you said the world was going to stop. it wasn't and it didn't, you were pretending.

nothing about you atall.

you were just pretending the world would stop, for some strange reason, so l said 'blatant pretending right here' . l didnt say anything about you, or your views, in the slightest. apart from the pretending bit.

I didn't mean it literally, just my way of speaking. My apologies for the overreaction, I am having a tough time at the moment so maybe I was a bit out of order.

9 hours ago, Wardie said:

I didn't mean it literally, just my way of speaking. My apologies for the overreaction, I am having a tough time at the moment so maybe I was a bit out of order.

no you wasn't, certainly not to me. l can't be gobbing off all the time then expecting apologies.

Archived