BPAS PODCAST: 12th Sept '22, S3E6: Regal to Legal

Due to the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, football in England was cancelled this weekend, but that doesn't mean we have nothing to talk about - far from it in fact. I can't be bothered writing it all hear though, so just listen.

To support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link https://anchor.fm/bp-alert/subscribe. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone. You can now also listen to the Latics Football Phone In as a podcast every Thursday morning from 7am.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel here

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oasf.co.uk where you can also donate to the 1895 Fund.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

• Matt featured this topic

Great listen as always. Re Latics Mastermind, Stuart Barlow scored our last Championship goal in a 3-0 win v Norwich, Matty Rush got the 2nd.

Had to check this when I got in from work to make sure I hadn't misremembered, but it was the difference between me getting 9 & 10 this week, so I'd say it was worth it 🤓     

1 hour ago, Chorlton_Latic said:

Great listen as always. Re Latics Mastermind, Stuart Barlow scored our last Championship goal in a 3-0 win v Norwich, Matty Rush got the 2nd.

Had to check this when I got in from work to make sure I hadn't misremembered, but it was the difference between me getting 9 & 10 this week, so I'd say it was worth it 🤓     

Matty Rush 

am l misremembering or did he get 3 exact same goals like Messi runnin from the halfway line goin round the keeper, then get injured and never play again?

maybe even wearing the red and blue hooped shirt..

51 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Matty Rush 

am l misremembering or did he get 3 exact same goals like Messi runnin from the halfway line goin round the keeper, then get injured and never play again?

maybe even wearing the red and blue hooped shirt..

That's how I remember it too, he pretty much scored the exact same goal a few weeks previous when we spanked Swindon 5-1 - really calm and collected in the face of goal, beautifully taken one on ones. (0.59) 

From memory, he only scored one more goal for us, v Bristol City in a 2-1 home defeat in 97/98 which was on Sky (had originally been planned for earlier in year when we were up there with them, but by time it was replayed, we were well on the slide) This one was a cracker from just outside the box. (Found this a while ago, someone uploaded full game! His goal is 32 mins.

Shame he struggled with injuries, he was one of the more outstanding players from my first few years as a young season ticket holder - granted we didn't have many ones to get excited about round that time, but the fact I can still remember all this about him when, at a guess, he must have only made around 20 odd appearances for us speaks volumes. 

2 hours ago, Chorlton_Latic said:

That's how I remember it too, he pretty much scored the exact same goal a few weeks previous when we spanked Swindon 5-1 - really calm and collected in the face of goal, beautifully taken one on ones. (0.59) 

From memory, he only scored one more goal for us, v Bristol City in a 2-1 home defeat in 97/98 which was on Sky (had originally been planned for earlier in year when we were up there with them, but by time it was replayed, we were well on the slide) This one was a cracker from just outside the box. (Found this a while ago, someone uploaded full game! His goal is 32 mins.

Shame he struggled with injuries, he was one of the more outstanding players from my first few years as a young season ticket holder - granted we didn't have many ones to get excited about round that time, but the fact I can still remember all this about him when, at a guess, he must have only made around 20 odd appearances for us speaks volumes. 

shame isn't it. l used to sit in the chaddy and he (almost) definatley scored one running towards us..

9 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

shame isn't it. l used to sit in the chaddy and he (almost) definatley scored one running towards us..

That was definitely his goal v Norwich on last day of 96/97, very similar to the one v Swindon.

Terrifying that I can't remember conversations I've apparently had at work in the last week, but I can vividly recount a goal scored by a rarely seen, made of biscuits winger in a meaningless end of season game 25 years ago 🥴

7 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Yep, Norwich last game of 96/97. Intercepted a pass on halfway line and ran through to score. Your man Chorlton is right that Barlow scored the last goal of that season...

13 hours ago, Chorlton_Latic said:

Yep, definitely. We had to leave at half time for my sister's birthday party and it was 2-0 when we went and Matty Rush scored right in front of us...

10 hours ago, Chorlton_Latic said:

That was definitely his goal v Norwich on last day of 96/97, very similar to the one v Swindon.

Terrifying that I can't remember conversations I've apparently had at work in the last week, but I can vividly recount a goal scored by a rarely seen, made of biscuits winger in a meaningless end of season game 25 years ago 🥴

Not that terrifying - just that one meant far more than the other! 👍

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Re Latics Mastermind, not that it made a difference and I’m being slightly pedantic but Earl Barrett made his debut for England in New Zealand on a tour of New Zealand and Malaysia, not as incorrectly asked Australasia / Australia  

Thank Christ you’ve cleared that up. 

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Re Latics Mastermind, not that it made a difference and I’m being slightly pedantic but Earl Barrett made his debut for England in New Zealand on a tour of New Zealand and Malaysia, not as incorrectly asked Australasia / Australia  

pah. theyre all colonies, stop disrespectin the queen you traitor.

On 9/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, Roger Ritchie said:

How much are the fees likely to be if the court case doesn't proceed? 

Corney will have done 5 figures..... Abdallah had probably racked up 6. The deal struck for club/land sale would've wiped all costs for Claimants and Defendants involved in the deal. Corney's costs will still be owed..... hence the case against him is not formally dropped.

5 hours ago, BPAS said:

Corney will have done 5 figures..... Abdallah had probably racked up 6. The deal struck for club/land sale would've wiped all costs for Claimants and Defendants involved in the deal. Corney's costs will still be owed..... hence the case against him is not formally dropped.

I wonder if Moralee was on a no win/no fee deal.  The moment has passed but I struggle to see how there wasn't a massive conflict of interest involved.

23 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I wonder if Moralee was on a no win/no fee deal.  The moment has passed but I struggle to see how there wasn't a massive conflict of interest involved.

I don't think he was, which possibly indicates his confidence in winning. We investigated the conflict but were advised it would be difficult to prove.....

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived