Signing & Player Rumours

58 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Trying to sign Smith tells me he's not having Fondop and will probably try and get him gone in Jan...

He has Fondop, a big unit who was probably the only player earning his corn with 5 in 8.

Drops him for a quick dummy merchant who has never scored. And doesn't actually seem that quick as we're playing deep, on the back foot and he isn't getting onto much knocked over the top/through for him.  And still hasn't scored.

Then tries to sign Matt Smith who's an even bigger, but less mobile, unit than Fondop.

Remember when Dominic Cummings nicknamed Boris Johnson "Trolley" on the basis he was like an out of control shopping trolley careering all over the place, bouncing off cars and walls...... 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He has Fondop, a big unit who was probably the only player earning his corn with 5 in 8.

Drops him for a quick dummy merchant who has never scored. And doesn't actually seem that quick as we're playing deep, on the back foot and he isn't getting onto much knocked over the top/through for him. 

Then tries to sign Matt Smith who's an even bigger, but less mobile, unit than Fondop.

Remember when Dominic Cummings nicknamed Boris Johnson "Trolley" on the basis he was like an out of control shopping trolley careering all over the place, bouncing off cars and walls...... 

Ideal centre forward for us...

32 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Drops him for a quick dummy merchant who has never scored. And doesn't actually seem that quick as we're playing deep, on the back foot and he isn't getting onto much knocked over the top/through for him.  And still hasn't scored.

Smith can control a ball and head it somewhere near the intended target, which would have made him an upgrade on Fondop...

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Smith can control a ball and head it somewhere near the intended target, which would have made him an upgrade on Fondop...

Whose the intended target then? We don't play with two out and out strikers particularly one feeding off the other.....

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

l

Probably wanted £3k a week which is a lot but what price another relegation?

27 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Mike Fondop isn't fit he was hobbling at half time before he came on seemed bizarre that he came on.

What were the club staff doing not to give him half time on the pitch treatment or advise he shouldn't be left hobbling for 10 minutes?

57 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Goals are goals and all that, but two of those were against were a side 16th in the Conference North. He's got 3 League goals in 18 this season, and one of those was questionable at best cos I'm still convinced the Eastleigh one was an own goal...

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

What were the club staff doing not to give him half time on the pitch treatment or advise he shouldn't be left hobbling for 10 minutes?

The only thing I could think of was that he pulled up during half time when the rest of the staff were in the dressing room and didn't tell anyone for fear of being seen as Ronaldo like for refusing to come on. Surely someone must have clocked this though.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The only thing I could think of was that he pulled up during half time when the rest of the staff were in the dressing room and didn't tell anyone for fear of being seen as Ronaldo like for refusing to come on. Surely someone must have clocked this though.

He didn't tell.Shez about an injury last season and played on it. He then was out for the rest of the season and we went down having played without a striker. His brain isn't exactly his main attribute.

29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Whose the intended target then? We don't play with two out and out strikers particularly one feeding off the other.....

Wouldn't be someone I'd be looking to sign as feel that type of player restricts you to one way of playing.

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I agree he should have walked off if no one was around to give treatment, it was continuous hobbling.

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

He didn't tell.Shez about an injury last season and played on it. He then was out for the rest of the season and we went down having played without a striker. His brain isn't exactly his main attribute.

According to Wikipedia he's got a first class degree in actuarial sciences from the University of Essex, he must have something about him.

On 11/13/2022 at 10:14 AM, oafcmetty said:

Rubbish. He's made, what, 2?

Kitching, Rooney

Plus loans for Clarke, Peck, Abraham

And I haven't seen any signs of improvement under DU so far. In results terms, we've actually gone backwards.

So far I haven't seen anything to say he's going to take us where we want to go. I'd like him to turn it around, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to improve the current players before he ties more down to contracts. 

At the moment him leaving before the end of the season looks more likely than seeing out the 3 year deal so signing more players if he's leaving just means the next manager has more to clear out, having to clear out DU and Shez signings.

18 minutes ago, St92 said:

Kitching, Rooney

Plus loans for Clarke, Peck, Abraham

Loans for Carragher, Carty plus extended the Okagbue deal.

So yes only two permanent signings but already 5 of 6 loanees plus the return of Hogan and Hope.

Thats a lot of incoming!

Archived