Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Indeed I mean it's not gone aswell as I wanted to either, but people seem to want to go from 0 to angry as quickly as possible. Now maybe this is because other problems at the club have gone away. We are not hearing about off the pitch shitstorms which has dominated the club for the previous 4 years and were a heavy feature of the 8 before that. Infact off the pitch we are more settled than we have been for over a decade. This has probably put far more focus on the on the pitch activities. However just because Mr Unsworth hasn't had to deal with the problems that other managers have it doesn't mean he's going to instantly be a success.

Personally I feel I've had enough of getting angry at the club I've done enough venting online the last 4 years to last a lifetime, my ignore list on here get bigger and bigger everyday. People are allowed their opinion obviously, I'm not saying I would be against sacking the manager. But some people are logging on everyday just to vent at the manager. David Unsworth is not in the same league as the Lemsagams or shitpeas or the boxing promoter interms of twattery, he's a human being and I believe his intentions are the right ones and he's trying his best for the club.

You make a very fair point, going forward he's going to have to find a way to win the fans over because let's face it he's not the most liked manager we've had in recent times, he's probably one of the least popular given his lack of connection and engagement with the fans, ultimately he'll be judged on results though which could in time make him popular, I'm yet to be convinced but I hope he proves myself and the other doubters wrong as it will mean we've had at least some success. 

19 hours ago, Shrek said:

Blaming Unsworth for not playing him when two very experienced and at times successful managers didn't pick him either......

But they did. He played 40 times for us.

Harry Vaughan has become to never being picked what Jonathan Forte was to always being injured. 

Also, interesting how whilst he made all those appearances when he wasn't being picked, it was "experienced managers" Keith Curle & John Sheridan who weren't picking him with never a mention that he played almost all of those 40 times on Mo Lemsagam's watch. 

23 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

But they did. He played 40 times for us.

Harry Vaughan has become to never being picked what Jonathan Forte was to always being injured. 

23 appearances in the league last season, averaging 30 mins an appearance. We had room for more subs. Hardly started for us in any real spell.

3 hours ago, Shrek said:

23 appearances in the league last season, averaging 30 mins an appearance. We had room for more subs. Hardly started for us in any real spell.

But your happy to judge him by that then? You mentioned in an earlier thread how bad Cooper and Threkeld are and I agree, couldn't you have him in a 16 that contained those two starting? We've played some duffers this season and we would of been no worse off looking at Vaughan and giving him that chance, I get it if he's not going to fit in to a system or style of play that Unsworth has in mind for us but I can't have it he is worse than what we've got now.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

But your happy to judge him by that then? You mentioned in an earlier thread how bad Cooper and Threkeld are and I agree, couldn't you have him in a 16 that contained those two starting? We've played some duffers this season and we would of been no worse off looking at Vaughan and giving him that chance, I get it if he's not going to fit in to a system or style of play that Unsworth has in mind for us but I can't have it he is worse than what we've got now.

Those two clowns played centre mid mainly. Vaughans not got that in him, currently. Vaughan is a real talent. 3 years he might be good enough to play mens football. Nowhere near what is required currently. Great deal for all parties.

Comparing him to other players who aren't good enough, for other reasons, doesn't offer anything. 

Harry Vaughan. What a strange and, quite frankly, very short-sighted decision to let him go. Are we strapped for cash or something? 

Manchester City were very impressed with him and I`m told the only reason they didn't sign him was because of their absolute plethora of talent already. He's been capped at under 19s level internationally and will play at the top level. 

As you know, I think DU is a poor manager; and this is just further confirmation.

We have an utterly shite midfield - so we sell a gem of a player who will only blossom in the future. I accept what some say regarding his build - he will fill out. Utter stupidity. Aghast at what is going on on the "footballing" front presently - someone needs to get a grip.

8 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Harry Vaughan. What a strange and, quite frankly, very short-sighted decision to let him go. Are we strapped for cash or something? 

Manchester City were very impressed with him and I`m told the only reason they didn't sign him was because of their absolute plethora of talent already. He's been capped at under 19s level internationally and will play at the top level. 

As you know, I think DU is a poor manager; and this is just further confirmation.

We have an utterly shite midfield - so we sell a gem of a player who will only blossom in the future. I accept what some say regarding his build - he will fill out. Utter stupidity. Aghast at what is going on on the "footballing" front presently - someone needs to get a grip.

He wanted to go and play higher level youth football, still

17 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I think it would be unfair to deny him the opportunity to move to a club in the Championship. I just hope we got a good deal, for a change.

56 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Yep, DUs fault again 🤣

Still boycotting?

All this over a kid who only played so many games because we had nobody else to play. He is two years away from mens football IF he makes it . Good luck to the lad really hope he does . I saw him play nearly every game he was pretty anonymous  for large parts and goes missing once someone leaves a bit on him. We cant carry a passenger hoping he will turn into Messi . Good deal for everyone , good luck Harry . Now Couto theres a fine footballer if ever I have seen one with the stature, skill and build required to make the grade in mens football. Some people call him the Portuguese Zico . But all this is really a jolly big stick to beat our beloved Mr Unsworth with because the teams winning or drawing . So you moaning twats cant whinge on Saturday or Tuesday night .

15 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Yet you are happy to slag Couto on similar number of appearances?

Let's try again-just how many times have you seen him play?

I've probably seen Vaughan play more than most, I didn't boycott last season when he played most of his minutes and even made the effort to watch him a couple of times when he was out on loan so probably more than most - your point???

Couto isn't a footballer, he's around the squad for one reason and that isn't his ability, can't defend and offers zilch in midfield, he'll be playing Evo stick North in a couple of seasons.

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Couto isn't a footballer, he's around the squad for one reason and that isn't his ability, can't defend and offers zilch in midfield, he'll be playing Evo stick North in a couple of seasons.

Very harsh on the lad. If he's a left back it's not often kids shine immediately in back line.

No reason to think he won't reach the same levels as some of the shite we've endured over the years.

Looked very promising initially. 

48 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

And the reason is?

Romantically linked with Unsworth's daughter apparently...

Edit - I'm not saying that's the only reason why he's playing, but I think that's what yarddog73 is hinting at.

16 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Sorry disagree. 

So you'd play him before Sheron, Shelton, Rooney? Behave.

We are 5th bottom of the NL and you think he wouldn't get steam rolled if played anywher near the middle?

Good luck to him but with the physicality of lower league football today he really has no chance size or strenth wise.

We probably got a decent fee and sell on clause so IF he is this gem of a player as you say we should benefit big time when a moneybags Prem side signs him.

I wouldnt spend it yet though.....

On 2/2/2023 at 9:07 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

Yep, DUs fault again 🤣

Still boycotting?

I am fluffy, yes. Just not enjoying it at all quite frankly under DU - the style of play is atrocious to watch. Like I`ve said before, I`m older and wiser now and won't keep wasting money on something I don't enjoy - just out of blind loyalty. It's something I did very often in past years (think Dave Penney!) but not any more. I`ll be back - when the football is enjoyable again. 

29 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I am fluffy, yes. Just not enjoying it at all quite frankly under DU - the style of play is atrocious to watch. Like I`ve said before, I`m older and wiser now and won't keep wasting money on something I don't enjoy - just out of blind loyalty. It's something I did very often in past years (think Dave Penney!) but not any more. I`ll be back - when the football is enjoyable again. 

So even if we end up in the playoffs next season you won't be coming?

21 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Must be why he played under previous managers as well...

He hardly ripped up any plants then did he and this notion that he's been sensational under Unsworth that Unsworth keeps referring to is frankly laughable, can't defend, doesn't create and spends 90% of his time pointing at fuck all.

31 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I am fluffy, yes. Just not enjoying it at all quite frankly under DU - the style of play is atrocious to watch. Like I`ve said before, I`m older and wiser now and won't keep wasting money on soan attractibe mething I don't enjoy - just out of blind loyalty. It's something I did very often in past years (think Dave Penney!) but not any more. I`ll be back - when the football is enjoyable again. 

Dear Frank.

Thanks for investing your hard earned £12m into OAFC.

Unfortunately until you can guarantee an attractive free flowing style of football you can do one, as I won't be a paying supporter, even though if everyone took this approach we wouldn't have a football club.

I may return when you put a team on the park that plays like Man City, like one or two other plastic fans out there.

Didn't you know football has nothing to do with loyalty...  

Maybe I'll see you sometime in the distant future....maybe not.

Best Wishes Wiseowl.

46 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He hardly ripped up any plants then did he and this notion that he's been sensational under Unsworth that Unsworth keeps referring to is frankly laughable, can't defend, doesn't create and spends 90% of his time pointing at fuck all.

You slated DU for pointing out a weakness in Vaughan's performance. Now you're slating DU for trying to boost a young lads confidence. Has DU and BC tag teamed your missus or something? 

Archived