Signing & Player Rumours

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They've signed Colclough...

We should get their manager as well. 

Alty supporting mate who used to organise their away travel tells me that Marriot is the one we should sign. 23yr old centre mid.

My reply was we should sign their manager. 

1 minute ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Apparently his winner today has to be seen. Beat 4 players and rolled it in the corner 

Means nowt as we will probably play him right back under this current looser. 

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They've signed Colclough...

Just an update..18th goal today and countless assists this season from young Macclesfield left wlnger James Berry.

He is being monitored by the club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Just an update..18th goal today and countless assists this season from young Macclesfield left wlnger James Berry.

He is being monitored by the club.

Doubt they’d sign him if they’re getting Colclough and already have Tollitt but has the right profile

23 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Doubt they’d sign him if they’re getting Colclough and already have Tollitt but has the right profile

Depends if we can move players on and pay a substantial fee.

IMO he's better than Tollitt who flits in and out of games, whereas Berry has a terrific work rate taking defenders on for 90 minutes. 

Very refreshing to hear the post match interview by Macclesfield manager Neil Danns after the 4-0 win.

"What did you tell the lads on Christmas day?

He replied...

"I just said there will be 4500 fans there for the match, just go out and entertain them."

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

BP I am with you on James Berry we should be all out for him he has it all  and will get better. Reminds me a bit Taylor like you said and also Whatmore., 22goals in 39 appearances and countless assists.

And he's not even a striker 

He is on the radar though, but as mentioned there's too many players who need to be moved on, then the question of the transfer fee, which would be quite large.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Work rate …. Now that’s a word that half our squad wouldn’t understand …. 

I've rarely seen a player with so much energy and skill who can also score goals. A real crowd pleaser. He knows he's good with some arrogance about him. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

We should be moving players on as a matter of course so we can get in the players we need hopefully . We are woefully lacking in midfield also , and I dont think loans are the right move at present .

I'm hoping to follow up on a right back in the Welsh League and I've had very good reports on a young Australian cente back.

Again it all depends on players moving on.

Edited by BP1960

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Depends if we can move players on and pay a substantial fee.

IMO he's better than Tollitt who flits in and out of games, whereas Berry has a terrific work rate taking defenders on for 90 minutes. 

Very refreshing to hear the post match interview by Macclesfield manager Neil Danns after the 4-0 win.

"What did you tell the lads on Christmas day?

He replied...

"I just said there will be 4500 fans there for the match, just go out and entertain them."

I agree with you BP. Tollitt is a bit of a one trick pony who really struggles if the fullback can match him for pace.

surely we’re not the only ones looking at Berry.

I’d love to know what happened/didn’t happen with Bailey Marsden from Mossley

2 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I agree with you BP. Tollitt is a bit of a one trick pony who really struggles if the fullback can match him for pace.

surely we’re not the only ones looking at Berry.

I’d love to know what happened/didn’t happen with Bailey Marsden from Mossley

Berry has been  under the radar of several Division 1 and 2 clubs for a while, but I understand he wants to stay quite local.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-peterborough-and-mk-dons-weighing-up-transfer-swoop-for-24-goal-forward/

Edited by BP1960

Guest Stanley30
19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Berry has been  under the radar of several Division 1 and 2 clubs for a while, but I understand he wants to stay quite local.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-peterborough-and-mk-dons-weighing-up-transfer-swoop-for-24-goal-forward/

There is not a chance in hell we will be signing this guy, no matter how much you bang on about him. 

He's far too good for us and I guarantee some of the local league teams will also have a team of scouts who have checked him out and are waiting for January window to start moving some players out and bringing this guy in. We will be bottom of that list as are a very unattractive proposition currently.