Signing & Player Rumours

3 hours ago, mickjagger said:

Yes i do, what will yield more goals a wide player cutting in or a wide player whipping a cross in for the forwards we have now?

A attack with pace and a wide player whipping a cross in is hard to defend especially with the pace we have upfront, time to utilise that to it's maximum.

No right this it how it works Kitching Overlaps and can provide a cross whereas Tollitt can cut inside and shoot that gives a full back all kinds of problems both ways look at the goal yesterday the opposing defender gets dragged to the overlapping run it gives Tollit the space to pick his spot.

If we get Reid/Abraham on the right cutting in on their left foot to shoot while having an overlapping right full back to provide crosses to then we will shit teams on the flanks and goals will flow.

If you have a left footed left winger on one side and a right footed right Winger on the other side then any sensible full back will just show them onto their weaker foot and will nullify the threat.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No right this it how it works Kitching Overlaps and can provide a cross whereas Tollitt can cut inside and shoot that gives a full back all kinds of problems both ways look at the goal yesterday the opposing defender gets dragged to the overlapping run it gives Tollit the space to pick his spot.

If we get Reid/Abraham on the right cutting in on their left foot to shoot while having an overlapping right full back to provide crosses to then we will shit teams on the flanks and goals will flow.

If you have a left footed left winger on one side and a right footed right Winger on the other side then any sensible full back will just show them onto their weaker foot and will nullify the threat.

I know how it works i presume you have your coaching badges to be this patronising?

Stick to Subbuteo it might work best for you there. 

16 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I understand all the scouts have confirmed my assessment.

If we can land this one it will be a big coup for the club.

So not an unknown undiscovered gem , rather someone who is sought by others and on the radar of clubs? 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Completely off topic, and I know the whole of the country knows it now after her appearance on I'm a Celeb - but she genuinely is one of the nicest people (along with her partner Shelly).

32 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

I know how it works i presume you have your coaching badges to be this patronising?

Wasn't trying to be patronising just wondered why you wanted to see Tollit in a less effective role which is what he would be if we put him on the right.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Like they did with Holden and Adams you mean ?

Depends on the quality of your wingers. You don't see players with Ricky's knack of getting his crosses in these days.

15 hours ago, mickjagger said:

What a silly and unnecessarily offensive response to the sound points made by @GlossopLatic

I sometimes wish we could have downvotes back.

7 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

What a silly and unnecessarily offensive response to the sound points made by @GlossopLatic

I sometimes wish we could have downvotes back.

Thanks Worcester. I did wonder if I had done.

Having said that it's not something that concerns me because social media is a whole world of misinterpretation something I'm guilty of myself. You know the saying about 60-70% of communication is non verbal so when we write something down on a message board you can't always detect the tone of what someone is trying to say. Again I'm not sat on somekind of pedestal here I'm guilty of it too.

More importantly I think we are now only a couple of signings away from a very competitive team at this level.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Thanks Worcester. I did wonder if I had done.

Having said that it's not something that concerns me because social media is a whole world of misinterpretation something I'm guilty of myself. You know the saying about 60-70% of communication is non verbal so when we write something down on a message board you can't always detect the tone of what someone is trying to say. Again I'm not sat on somekind of pedestal here I'm guilty of it too.

More importantly I think we are now only a couple of signings away from a very competitive team at this level.

I watched a documentary last night about the increasingly concerning behaviour of men towards women and one thing raised was unsolicited "dick pics" on things like dating sites

We are so unconnected as a species these days we see everything through a screen forgetting or being blind to the fact that on the other side is an actual person and you would never ever (myself included) act that way in person.

I haven't sent dick pics to anyone I hasten to add 

20 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I watched a documentary last night about the increasingly concerning behaviour of men towards women and one thing raised was unsolicited "dick pics" on things like dating sites

We are so unconnected as a species these days we see everything through a screen forgetting or being blind to the fact that on the other side is an actual person and you would never ever (myself included) act that way in person.

I haven't sent dick pics to anyone I hasten to add 

what if he asks you to

12 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Have the B team really only played 3 matches since they were set up in September...? 

I've suggested the club apply to enter the Central League North West and also look at the possibility of the Manchester and Lancashire Senior Cups.

Archived