Signing & Player Rumours

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Doesnt make sense, he should be signed whoever the manager.

Not really, particularly if that's the last of the budget as a blind man can see we need a rightback and at least one solid centre mid just to be competitive, attacking options are a plenty if you look at whose on the books and Colclough as much as I've championed him would be a luxury as opposed to a necessity.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not really, particularly if that's the last of the budget as a blind man can see we need a rightback and at least one solid centre mid just to be competitive, attacking options are a plenty if you look at whose on the books and Colclough as much as I've championed him would be a luxury as opposed to a necessity.

IMO if you get the chance to sign exceptional players you do so. We may never have this chance again.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

IMO if you get the chance to sign exceptional players you do so. We may never have this chance again.

He might not be an exceptional player if he isn't coached and played where he's most effective. 

No benefit to the club or the player..

Signing Colclough or not, that tweet is a total embarrassment to the person who posted it. Sounds like we are going for a Brian Clough/Ryan Colclough hybrid. Strange that Sinnott has posted Colclough already signed yet nothing has has been made official, unless it's a ploy to derail County's well-laid plans to avoid a beating at BP on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Signing Colclough or not, that tweet is a total embarrassment to the person who posted it. Sounds like we are going for a Brian Clough/Ryan Colclough hybrid. Strange that Sinnott has posted Colclough already signed yet nothing has has been made official, unless it's a ploy to derail County's well-laid plans to avoid a beating at BP on Sunday.

Having said that if it opens the door to the exciting young left winger I've recommended to the club and mentioned on here many times I'd prefer that as that as IMO it he would be a massive financial asset for the future.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Having said that if it opens the door to the exciting young left winger I've recommended to the club and mentioned on here many times I'd prefer that as that as IMO it he would be a massive financial asset for the future.

I'm not even in the belief that Colclough has signed anything but, imagine if he was just a signature away, it falls through and he has to stay with Alty, whose fans are probably already well aware of the rumours? There would have to be a whole boat load of lying and papering over to maintain his relationship with the Altrincham fans.

It's one thing knowing a player wants away, but knowing he'd committed to a club in the same division yet a lower league position is not something easily forgivable. He'd have to really up his goals to games ratio to gain any forgiveness. :D  

7 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

With Ref to Ibby, I also find it very strange that he gets airtime on the podcast if he's telling porky pies, is he just an attention seeker or is he a genuine attendee at matches does anybody know?!

Hes just a strange individual who possibly has some mental health issues.  The phone-in exploit him for me, there were a number of death threat letters sent to Steven Robinson at a time he used to appear at the training ground that were widely assumed (though not proven) to be written by him*

*more than a few of those letters called for Iain Dowie to be brought back 

12 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

According to OTimes? agreement yet to be reached for Colclough. Fake news from LS?

Probably false info.

The OT also says
"But their efforts to prise him from Moss Lane have so far been met with resistance."

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Hes just a strange individual who possibly has some mental health issues.  The phone-in exploit him for me, there were a number of death threat letters sent to Steven Robinson at a time he used to appear at the training ground that were widely assumed (though not proven) to be written by him*

*more than a few called for Iain Dowie to be brought back 

Fair enough, I have to agree though, giving him airtime only gives him a platform. If the podcast lads speak to Unsworth regularly then only they will know if he's genuine or not and if he speaks to him, I have my own thoughts on that. If he's not, then he shouldn't be given airtime just to fill the show.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Luxuries are a necessity when you don't have a single good player 

22 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

*more than a few of those letters called for Iain Dowie to be brought back 

has any body ever actualy  seen ibby and barry  in the same room ?

Mentioned the other week that Chris McCann lives near me. Not seen him out running for a couple of years since we released him-he went to Shamrock Rovers who have just released him.

Well out with the dogs today and he was out running -so if I see him again I will have a word with him.

Please sign-it is a much better place now!!!! 

Archived