Harry Vaughan debate...

13 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

That’s true however I was told that lots of people within the game couldn’t understand why Vaughan couldn’t get a look in. The consensus was that his footballing brain was too far ahead of the rest of the squad and they weren’t on his wavelength. Hence once he played a few games at Radcliffe and it was apparent that nothing was wrong with him he was snaffled up to play with better players where he’d be better suited 

The thing which struck me about Vaughan was just the complete lack physicality to him. I think there’s too much emphasis on the physical side personally but that’s the game we are in and he looked strikingly small next to nearly all the other players. I was at Alty when DU played him but I honestly think his fragile look put him off . He played with Fondop in one game and actually played ok but looked comical next to Mike . That said he’s clearly an excellent player with more individual skill than most and hull clearly see that in him . 

20 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

That’s true however I was told that lots of people within the game couldn’t understand why Vaughan couldn’t get a look in. The consensus was that his footballing brain was too far ahead of the rest of the squad and they weren’t on his wavelength. Hence once he played a few games at Radcliffe and it was apparent that nothing was wrong with him he was snaffled up to play with better players where he’d be better suited 

imagine if we could time zap him back to when Shez first took over first time. he would have played him then, before the Footballing depths made him cynical/pragmatic.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I think I remember DU saying somewhere that with better players there will be a bit more freedom to play some actual football 

you have. he has said it often and lve chosen to believe him. if this triggers a meltdown in future go easy on me chaps!

On 6/2/2023 at 3:42 PM, yarddog73 said:

Cameo 🤣🤣🤣 he started the last half dozen and won player of the month, I'd suggest not a bad start and you'd probably be better just admitting you got one wrong as defending your original view point is rather amusing.

That's a novel concept defending one's view point. Still, I am in illustrious company of men who made it in the game who chose to leave him out.

As I stated,  if Vaughan proves me wrong,  I'll accept it. He never showed he would in a latics shirt. 

8 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

But it doesn’t lend itself towards a steady progression and anything resembling a culture and philosophy. 

Gaining undeserved wins won’t happen forever and then what

So winning ugly every week wouldn't be progression?

Winning is literally all that matters

It's not an undeserved win just because you win ugly...