Unsworth

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Picked up a few points yes, improved form well technically yeah but not in performances. Should have lost at home to county, that was a pure fluke draw from gifts of goals. And not sure discounting the fa trophy is fair, they were def playing to win with strong teams out and one was at home to a PT team and we didn’t have a shot on target. Then u combine rumoured walk out post game sat and u can’t say he doesn’t deserve firing right now. I’m still honestly can’t see him keeping us up and it won’t take a lot for us to do that. 

The Notts County game was top vs 3rd bottom following a drubbing at their place. We battled and worked against at a far superior side. Had you watched the game you'd have known we missed a sitter at the end to win it.

If it was Southampton doing that against City it'd be banded as a great dogged performance. 

1 minute ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

We're 20th out of 24 teams. Just lost in the cup against a team directly below us who have won four all season. How many games do you give him to get it right then? 

As I have said, he'd have no complaints mid December. 

Since then he has played 4 league games, won 2, drawn 1 and lost 1. He's bought himself more time.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

If it turns toxic then that will say more about the fanbase than anything else, bunch of entitled cry babies.

From probably the least entitled fan base in England, yes good one that Rob you should have a read of other fans forums, Liverpools and Spurs are pretty interesting if you want to start putting entitled in to context, our fan base hasn't seen a top half finish in any league for over a decade so a lad whose around 16 wouldn't even have witnessed a season when we've won more than we've lost.

Anyway why are you so content to let this chump stay and carry on making a bigger mess when you had it in for Shez from day one, if Shez was a dinosaur this guy predates him by about 30 million years, he's useless and time will only prove that. If Shez was backed instead of being undermined we might well see ourselves skirting around the playoffs Unsworths taking us one way and that's down because he is incapable. 

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

Unsworth isn't responsible for signing players. 

We waited for Nutall, we may be waiting for the right centre mid. We had the winger and owner pulled out due to his character. 

We've signed a right back so for me the only one we've not seen evidence they're trying to sort is centre mid, assuming Rooney isn't the answer they thought he was.

Can you please name a lower profile comp professional teams play in?

If you are going to change the question...  You didn't say professional teams.  I don't believe for a second that Unsworth has no input in signings

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If you are going to change the question...  You didn't say professional teams.  I don't believe for a second that Unsworth has no input in signings

If you are opening it to non professional then clearly there are tournaments of a lesser value. Have a day off.

25 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

We're 20th out of 24 teams. Just lost in the cup against a team directly below us who have won four all season. How many games do you give him to get it right then? 

First post, Southend fan in peace. Gateshead beat us 3-1 to end a 12 match unbeaten run that had seen us into the play offs. We also lost at Roots Hall against bottom of the table (at that point) Torquay. Our manager, Kevin Maher, had a sticky start when he took over from Phil Brown. We were in the relegation zone. Perhaps time will tell with yours.

• Like 1

Just now, Glossop Shrimper said:

First post, Southend fan in peace. Gateshead beat us 3-1 to end a 12 match unbeaten run that had seen us into the play offs. We also lost at Roots Hall against bottom of the table (at that point) Torquay. Our manager, Kevin Maher, had a sticky start when he took over from Phil Brown. We were in the relegation zone. Perhaps time will tell with yours.

What's going on with the winding up order?  That's a question, not a gloat by the way!

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

If it turns toxic then that will say more about the fanbase than anything else, bunch of entitled cry babies.

Your word "entitled" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there, judging by our record of success (lack of) since relegation from the PL almost 30 years ago.

To call complaining fans cry babies is pathetically wide of the mark.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Clifford said:

The Notts County game was top vs 3rd bottom following a drubbing at their place. We battled and worked against at a far superior side. Had you watched the game you'd have known we missed a sitter at the end to win it.

If it was Southampton doing that against City it'd be banded as a great dogged performance. 

I was there and Abraham should have won it but we should have been well beaten. Was it a tactical defensive masterclass when really it’s hard to argue that they should have won easily. Plus u can’t compare to soton or other teams, it’s the full 18 or 20 game spell with moments at home v pt teams where we don’t have shots on goal combined with everything else. So far no hope at all and I’m not sure he will keep us up. He’s going to have another chance sat by look of it to prove me wrong 

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What's going on with the winding up order?  That's a question, not a gloat by the way!

The hearing is tomorrow. Sqeaky bum time. Consensus amongst the fans is adjournment (again) and a continued transfer embargo. However, If the chairman does sort it this time, there will be alot of happy supporters coming up to Boundary Park come Saturday.

3 hours ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Who actually initially reported that? Is there any truth in it?

I don't know, just reacting to what others have said. As I say I'm not that fussed whether DU goes to the fans after a game or not, but if he really did scarper as reported then he'd better have good reason or it looks pretty bad.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Glossop Shrimper said:

Is that the same Kevin Maher who played for us? 

16 minutes ago, Glossop Shrimper said:

The hearing is tomorrow. Sqeaky bum time. Consensus amongst the fans is adjournment (again) and a continued transfer embargo. However, If the chairman does sort it this time, there will be alot of happy supporters coming up to Boundary Park come Saturday.

Hope they both have a safe trip...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

It was never going to be anything other than a relegation battle unless we went out and acquired 15 quality players in September, if anyone thought differently then they were either clueless or weren't paying attention.

Unsworth thought differently until he told us he never did......

Edited by HarryBosch

31 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Your word "entitled" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there, judging by our record of success (lack of) since relegation from the PL almost 30 years ago.

To call complaining fans cry babies is pathetically wide of the mark.

There's nothing to complain about, anyone who thinks 30 years of decline can be turned around in a few months without spending huge amounts of money on playing staff is entitled/stupid.

13 minutes ago, Glossop Shrimper said:

Shame but phew. Former players have a habit of either scoring or playing a blinder against us. His last game in a Southend shirt, ironically was at Boundary Park.

I'm guessing Oldham is your nearest NL ground?  Mine would be Southend, albeit 70 odd miles away