Unsworth

I've read all comments on our current management team and go to a fair amount of games I love our club,town now in my opinion weather we get relegated or not its so important that we give him (unsworth&Co) time and if we get relegated then he should be given the first 10 games maximum to be around the top 4 otherwise its a never ending downward spiral of managers every 4 months or so

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bigtic1975 said:

I've read all comments on our current management team and go to a fair amount of games I love our club,town now in my opinion weather we get relegated or not its so important that we give him (unsworth&Co) time and if we get relegated then he should be given the first 10 games maximum to be around the top 4 otherwise its a never ending downward spiral of managers every 4 months or so

Not sure u would saying that if u had paid 12 mill and been told playoffs are a possibility this year 

13 minutes ago, Bigtic1975 said:

Not sure even I would stick with him if we are relegated - still think he'll turn it round but he's got until the end of January for me to prove it. In the meantime we've backed the team not the regime previously now we need to support both instead of  kicking off on here and on twitter.

Just now, mick26 said:

Not sure even I would stick with him if we are relegated - still think he'll turn it round but he's got until the end of January for me to prove it. In the meantime we've backed the team not the regime previously now we need to support both instead of  kicking off on here and on twitter.

I don’t mind that. Like back end of last year shows a lot of passion around the club and team. People rightly pissed off with where we are 

14 minutes ago, mick26 said:

How can you continue to support a team that’s shit ? It’s just not logical. 

10 minutes ago, mick26 said:

I don't want to support anyone else!

9 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

logic is probably the least Football related word on the planet

8 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Because thats what real football fans do.

City, newcastle, sunderland, leeds and many more stick with their clubs.

Its what you do.

Think my comment has been misunderstood. I said team not club. I love Oldham, will only ever support Oldham. But I can’t support this team and the man in charge of it, it’s been dire since day 1. 

Mick was saying to give more time ect. No he’s had enough. 

Edited by LightDN123

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What makes you think he’ll turn around it Mick? 

We are beyond dreadful. 

Just think they'll continue to back him with more players and eventually we'll have enough to get to safety.

I'm worried though about:

1.No right back

2. Clarke and Hogan as a 2

3. Gardner looking crocked

4. Knowing Reid needs a centre forward to play off and we don’t

5. Hope not being right after returning

Plus several other issues with the team  😂.

1 minute ago, mick26 said:

Just think they'll continue to back him with more players and eventually we'll have enough to get to safety.

I'm worried though about:

1.No right back

2. Clarke and Hogan as a 2

3. Gardner looking crocked

4. Knowing Reid needs a centre forward to play off and we don’t

5. Hope not being right after returning

Plus several other issues with the team  😂.

So in summary. .

Blind hope. 

Then dismantle your own blind hope with common sense.

😂😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Think my comment has been misunderstood. I said team not club. I love Oldham, will only ever support Oldham. But I can’t support this team and the man in charge of it, it’s been dire since day 1. 

Mick was saying to give more time ect. No he’s had enough. 

understood

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Because thats what real football fans do.

City, newcastle, sunderland, leeds and many more stick with their clubs.

Its what you do.

I've been going for 26 years and have absolutely nothing to show for it. 5 top half finishes. None for 14 years. Every season worse than the last. This is the worst group of players and quite possibly manager we've ever had. I can't be arsed paying my hard earned money to watch this lot lose every week. If that makes me a bad fan, so be it. There's more important things in life.

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bigtic1975 said:

Right....

"The plan fellas is for me to splash out my hard-earned lifetime millions on Latics to save them from the abyss - and then get us relegated in the first season."

Quite unbelievable post in my view. This is starting to remind me of all those who were in denial when that disaster from the east took the club over and took us down first season (and I`m not meaning in denial about Frank; I mean denial about the manager). Why is it people can't see what is going on in front of their very eyes?

Relegation is simply not an option (and I have said elsewhere, I don't think it will happen even under DU).

We clearly have a problem.

Frank has the right vision for the club, demonstrated improvement in all areas, appart from the team performance, which is going backwards.

Is David Unsworth the right man? Probably still too early to judge, how long do we wait.

Relegation would derail the project, arguably our overheads are already unsustainable in this league, nevermind National League North.

Where will the investment come from if we drop, with the timescale for a return to the league being extended by years?

Fair to say we should give the new manager time, I believe he will be given more time.

Support with new players is beyond question, he can't keep asking for a couple more ...

Enormous pressure on Darren Royle, who I expect is already anticipating the moment when time is up for this management team, maybe January.

I understand what happened with Shez, didn't like it but I understood the logic.

Shez was achieving more, with a lot less than David Unsworth.

I didn't question Shez's honesty or integrity, had faith in him, don't have the same confidence in David.

Results can change this, I believe he should be required to deliver an improved performance and positive results by January, or time up.