Hallam Hope

I’m hearing Hope has had his contract renewed…can anybody confirm this ?

If true then I’m afraid It’s Unsworth out for me. If this is the standard of player he’ll be signing and thinks will be good enough to get us promoted out of this division he is sadly wrong!!

I have seen more than enough of Hallam Hope thank you very much….please someone tell me it’s bollocks!!🙏🙏

43 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If true then I’m afraid It’s Unsworth out for me. If this is the standard of player he’ll be signing and thinks will be good enough to get us promoted out of this division he is sadly wrong!!

Steady. My man @lookersstandandywill be along in a minute to tell you it is a club decision...

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I have seen more than enough of Hallam Hope thank you very much….please someone tell me it’s bollocks!!🙏🙏

Tbf at the start of the season he was playing well until that incident. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Tbf at the start of the season he was playing well until that incident. 

And I think he actually scored a goal if i'm not mistaken.

Not saying he should be kept though.

Edited by redlion
nn

If we are going to use the logic on here that Nuttall as of yet hasn't produced because of the piss poor service then we should at least afford Hope the same luxury given the absolute frauds he was turning out with prior to his injury, he had goals in him and was versatile in the number of roles he could play, much better option than several strikers we currently have on the books and a decent squad player at this level, Nuttall, Reid and Hope plus one other gives us options particularly if we add one quality addition to that.

Fondop shouldn't play for the club again, Sambou, Abraham and Luamba are not good enough, I also think it's time for Forshaw to be given a run out, if nothing else to enhance his value and reward his progression, that pathway needs to exist and fans want to see these players coming through and given a run out, it creates a buzz around the place.

• Like 2

I just thought he tried the hardest.

Absolutely!!….the one thing you can’t say is that he lacks effort because he always gives 100%, however, I think he’s a really poor footballer who rarely makes any sort of forward pass.

Perhaps he looks half decent because of the absolute garbage around him…..

IMO he’s a squad player at best who I’d rather replace!

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Hallam Hope is absolutely shit. I’m sorry. He gets the ball on the wing and either gets tackled or turns backwards. He’s not a winger, he’s not a striker and he’s not a 10. I have no clue how he’s managed the career he has. 

You got any friends ??  😀

18 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Haha, why ? Giving an honest assessment on a player I’ve watched a fair few times. 
Do you have any friends ? 

It's just you're a bit overcritical on quite a few of our players in my opinion.

I'm not a Hope fan but as a previous poster said he does at least look as if he cares even though we definitely need better to gain promotion or play-offs.

I'd keep him as a squad player until we employ someone better.

.....and no I don't have many friends....but that's my choice !!!  😁

26 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It's just you're a bit overcritical on quite a few of our players in my opinion.

I'm not a Hope fan but as a previous poster said he does at least look as if he cares even though we definitely need better to gain promotion or play-offs.

I'd keep him as a squad player until we employ someone better.

.....and no I don't have many friends....but that's my choice !!!  😁

I think I’m one of the few that defends Nuttall on here ?

In terms of our squad I think, Norman, Kitching, Yarney, Sutton (at CB), Green, Tollitt, Rooney, Reid and Nuttall are the ones that any good for next year. - Think that’s about the same as most. 

Watch Hope closely, he receives the ball on the wing and turns back on himself 9/10. Compare that to Tollitt and Green who actually run at the full back, it’s night and day. 

He is not a striker either, so I just don’t see what he offers. He runs, a bit. So certain Oldham fans typically like him. Just like Sheron and Shelton. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I think I’m one of the few that defends Nuttall on here ?

In terms of our squad I think, Norman, Kitching, Yarney, Sutton (at CB), Green, Tollitt, Rooney, Reid and Nuttall are the ones that any good for next year. - Think that’s about the same as most. 

Watch Hope closely, he receives the ball on the wing and turns back on himself 9/10. Compare that to Tollitt and Green who actually run at the full back, it’s night and day. 

He is not a striker either, so I just don’t see what he offers. He runs, a bit. So certain Oldham fans typically like him. Just like Sheron and Shelton. 

Fair comment.

He's a bit like most of our players who look for the easy ball backwards instead of a more positive approach. I'm still not sure whether it's the coaching or mindset that's at fault.

I'd agree to your list of "keepers" but add Sheron.

18 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Whatever happened with the assault? All seemed to go quiet

18 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

There is obviously a lot we don’t know, probably dropped the charges for some reason?

it was quoted in the papers last week it can take 18 months for police to arrest child sex abuse suspects so although an arrest was made, investigations and the wheels of justice tend to move quite slowly these days 

1 hour ago, OAFCLongsuffeting said:

it was quoted in the papers last week it can take 18 months for police to arrest child sex abuse suspects so although an arrest was made, investigations and the wheels of justice tend to move quite slowly these days 

But whoever attacked Hope isn’t a suspect, Hope knows full well who it is!!