Every combined signing ever?

As per the title, I’m intrigued to know if anyone knows the cumulative combined total of every Oldham signing ever?  Or even a vague guess?  I’m not after an ‘adjusted for inflation figure’.  

Ian Olney is still the dearest and he’s peanuts in the grander scheme of things.  

I’d wager that both Manchester City and Real Madrid have a player on their bench tonight that cost more than every player in our history combined?  

10 minutes ago, Grylls said:

As per the title, I’m intrigued to know if anyone knows the cumulative combined total of every Oldham signing ever?  Or even a vague guess?  I’m not after an ‘adjusted for inflation figure’.  

Ian Olney is still the dearest and he’s peanuts in the grander scheme of things.  

I’d wager that both Manchester City and Real Madrid have a player on their bench tonight that cost more than every player in our history combined?  

you'd be correct even without somebody doin the checking

Abit strange to think we spent £2million in the summer of 92. That's never been beaten since in a summer.

The summer of 2002 we spent between 4-500k on Chris Killen Clint Hill and Josh Low we certainly haven't spent as much on fees in a summer since then.

I reckon if you add up all the transfer fees paid by OAFC in my supporting life (so since 1990) I think it would be under £10million. Which is 6 months of Kevin De Bruyne's wages.

20 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Abit strange to think we spent £2million in the summer of 92. That's never been beaten since in a summer.

The summer of 2002 we spent between 4-500k on Chris Killen Clint Hill and Josh Low we certainly haven't spent as much on fees in a summer since then.

I reckon if you add up all the transfer fees paid by OAFC in my supporting life (so since 1990) I think it would be under £10million. Which is 6 months of Kevin De Bruyne's wages.

J-Low! Loved him, pace to burn.

J-Low's son, also J-Low, plays for Bristol City. How is that even possible??

Edited by Hemel latic

On 5/17/2023 at 8:52 PM, GlossopLatic said:

which is ironic bc adjusting for inflation £2M now would be worth between £4-500K then

5 hours ago, Sparkleking said:

Agreed.  Kenny Clements in 79/80.  The fee was actually £200k, smashing the previous record fee paid for Simon Stainrod who cost £60k.

Well worth the fee, a very good strong footballing centre back and great in the air too.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Well worth the fee, a very good strong footballing centre back and great in the air too.

I bumped into Kenny on a number of occasions at Smokies after he had finished playing.  Seemed a lovely guy, would always chat and share a drink.

12 hours ago, Sparkleking said:

I bumped into Kenny on a number of occasions at Smokies after he had finished playing.  Seemed a lovely guy, would always chat and share a drink.

He became a driving instructor I think and lived near Saddleworth

• Like 1