Little Drummer Boy

24hoursfromtulsehill

Drumming: positive or not?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Personalities aside, what effect does the drumming have on the atmosphere?

• Gets the crowd going. I like it.
    • Breaks up other groups songs and lacks rhythm. I find it annoying.
    • Not fussed either way

I want to check the facts about a really awful story that I heard about the drummer in the Chaddy End.

I’ve had enough of him and his mates. Me and others have asked them to move and shut up numerous times, and we’ve been given plenty back. I’ve also seen the whole group of them turn on people who want to get behind the team without being led by The Worst Drummer in the World.

Anyway, here’s the story. One bloke got so sick of the abuse and of being wound up by this little group that he got into a proper row with little drummer boy and little drummer boy’s dad. Then things started getting out of hand and out of order. They only had an argument, but little drummer boy turned grass and told a steward that he’d been assaulted. The bloke that drummer boy had been giving a hard time for weeks ended up having to go down the cop shop with a lawyer to explain himself, for no particular reason. He’s since decided that he won’t be renewing his family season ticket, ta very much, all because of little drummer boy.

I’ve heard some pretty unpleasant stuff from the drummer and his mates both home and away, so I tend to believe the story. Besides, pretty much everyone thinks that he’s a crap drummer and a total nuisance.

I reckon the club should step in and ban the drum. I also reckon that they should stick up for the guy who simply wants to take his family along to the game and get behind the lads rather sticking up for a bunch of kids who reckon they own the place, and think that it’s alright to go around giving stick to genuine fans.

Anyone heard the story, because I wouldn't want to get the facts wrong? If it's true, it might be about time to bring an end to a burgeoning musical career.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
I want to ... end a burgeoning musical career.

To be honest, this wouldnt suprise me.

While some people give encouragement to him. (Which i dont disagree with) He he has to drum along to everything, which isnt needed.

He does have a group of cronies with me and this is why it doesnt suprise me.

Personally, i think the idea of having a drum is great but not a drum like that, you want a bass drum from a drum kit, harder to move around but a hell of a lot louder and creates more of a 'boom'. Would like to point out that the Blackpool drum is a bass drum, not a crappy thing that goes around a neck.

Anyway, if it happened i am sure other fans will be having words, if not then get a new bloody drum at least!

Edited by sheridans_world

I have heard the same story but from the otherside of the fence as mymate knows the Drummer boys mother - story i heard was that the fella whom went to the cop shop gave the lad a clip around the ear - hence his visit to thecop shop! THis was a while ago though, before end of season.

As forthe drummer - well he adds to the atmosphere sometimes, but at times is a noisy nuisance - just glad i dont sit near him :D

I was sat just 2 seats away from him at Crewe, the drum drove me mad at that range.

Although I can see how it helps to build up the atmosphere etc at games, just not right down your ear at close range.

They really are just young lads who take the drum but I dont know anything about the trouble mentioned above as I dont go in the Chaddy End.

ive sat next to him at numerous away games(brentford i recall as one). and i dont c the problem. it creates a great atmosphere.but the people complaining probably dont go away to games like carlisle and brentford. and as for getting a better drum thats fine if sum1 is gona pay for it and as thats not happenin atm im quite content with drummer boy and his drum. and as for ur mate hu hasnt renewed his season ticket well he needs 2 get some flippin backbone. not going supporting ur club because sum1 with a drum annoys u. he obviously isnt a proper fan. most fans on here wudnt let anythin get between them and watching oafc. this guy hitting a kid because he plays a drum what a joke and id love 2 smack him.

ive sat next to him at numerous away games(brentford i recall as one). and i dont c the problem. it creates a great atmosphere.but the people complaining probably dont go away to games like carlisle and brentford. and as for getting a better drum thats fine if sum1 is gona pay for it and as thats not happenin atm im quite content with drummer boy and his drum. and as for ur mate hu hasnt renewed his season ticket well he needs 2 get some flippin backbone. not going supporting ur club because sum1 with a drum annoys u. he obviously isnt a proper fan. most fans on here wudnt let anythin get between them and watching oafc. this guy hitting a kid because he plays a drum what a joke and id love 2 smack him.

Wats dat in inglish like, innit? :blink:

I was there when it happened but didn't see him hit the drummer, but this had been building for weeks, the first time the stewards did ask him to be quiet and the muppet choir turned (quite nastly) on the old guy and stewards. After that the stewards gave up and this led to the incident itself. I did mention that the drummer was being O.O.O with his comments to the old guy and got offered out for my trouble. He is infamous and well known to many home/away regulars about very unsavoury comments he makes towards certain players on a regular basis (I have had to speak to him many times about this)... . I'm in the paddock now .... its not about backbone Lordy its about not wanting to sit with people with no respect for others. If he good a crack that day :applause1::applause1::applause1:

Frankly I can't stand it 90% time .... what happened to come on Oldham at corners???

Wats dat in inglish like, innit? :blink:

Yeah - I know the guy well who ended up at Chaddy police station because of the drummer boys false allegations. The guy has been a Latics season ticket holder for more years than most on here - he didnt like it that a young lad could sit next to him or in front (not in his own seat) and bang :censored: out of a drum. OK, it adds to the atmosphere, but my mate bought 4 season tickets so that he could watch Latics - not have some kid banging a drum in his ear. He simply told the lad to move elsewhere - ok, maybe swore at him - mistake but not a hanging offence at a footie match. Next thing, several months later - visit from dibble and charge of assault. :censored: sake - guy gets his legals involved at great cost and many witness statements - me included. Guess what, little drummer drops charges. Alan Hardy refuses to ban drum or allocate him a seat. Guess what - mate no longer renewed - 2 adult STs, 1 Intermediate and a junior. Who loses out ? the club.

Oh, btw Lordy, I dont know you, but if you cared to articulate your threat to the guy (Dave) or his son, I think you would end up in A & E !.

Dont get involved unless you know the whole story.

Edited by Ackey
Do NOT Avoid the swear filter!

As much as we all have differing opinions, can we keep this civil please?

And i know the guy involved as Blue-mist told me at the time it happened!

Its not nice to be accused of something which you didnt do, but if the club are to lose out on 4 season tickets then it should be addressed!

As much as we all have differing opinions, can we keep this civil please?

And i know the guy involved as Blue-mist told me at the time it happened!

Its not nice to be accused of something which you didnt do, but if the club are to lose out on 4 season tickets then it should be addressed!

sorry Beardy - dont mean any offence but it annoys me that a loyal fan has been dragged through the legal system and his good name threatened by a false allegation. Dave NEVER touched the drummer - he certainly gave him a piece of his mind but the drummer was deliberately provoking an issue. The allegation of assault (claimed pulled his hair) came months after it had supposedly happened - if it was assault why not arrest him there and then ?. A sad tale with no winners.

Phil.

sorry Beardy - dont mean any offence but it annoys me that a loyal fan has been dragged through the legal system and his good name threatened by a false allegation. Dave NEVER touched the drummer - he certainly gave him a piece of his mind but the drummer was deliberately provoking an issue. The allegation of assault (claimed pulled his hair) came months after it had supposedly happened - if it was assault why not arrest him there and then ?. A sad tale with no winners.

Phil.

I remember when it happened Phil, as i walked at the back of you, you told me!

The worst thing to come out of it, is that there seems to be no common ground, if the drummer is moved, fans will be upset because there is no atmos, if he isnt moved fans will be upset by the noise!

He doesnt sit near me, so i cant say he has been a problem, but if he is going to continue, the club have to look at a big compromise!

drummer boy goes to a large majority of the games as do his mates as i have chatted to him numerous times. he has a season ticket also i think and he creates atmosphere why is he becoming a hate figure. atmosphere in the chaddy end can be poor most of the time. if some guy hasnt renewed a season ticket because he doesnt like the drum seeing as u are all so pally with him surely u cud chip in and buy him some ear plugs. or could it be that he is a part timer looking for an excuse not to renew. why not simply move stands ? if there was a drum in every seat in the chaddy end except for me i wouldnt care because id be watchin the club i love. this fella cant be much of a fan. it seems to be in agreement that we prefer a drum but need a better one so why not do something about it ? not trying to cause trouble but just voicing my opinion which i believe this site was made for. nights like tonight where im proud to be a latics fan great effort by the fans at dale tonight and just cant wait for the season for many more away days.

drummer boy goes to a large majority of the games as do his mates as i have chatted to him numerous times. he has a season ticket also i think and he creates atmosphere why is he becoming a hate figure. atmosphere in the chaddy end can be poor most of the time. if some guy hasnt renewed a season ticket because he doesnt like the drum seeing as u are all so pally with him surely u cud chip in and buy him some ear plugs. or could it be that he is a part timer looking for an excuse not to renew. why not simply move stands ? if there was a drum in every seat in the chaddy end except for me i wouldnt care because id be watchin the club i love. this fella cant be much of a fan. it seems to be in agreement that we prefer a drum but need a better one so why not do something about it ? not trying to cause trouble but just voicing my opinion which i believe this site was made for. nights like tonight where im proud to be a latics fan great effort by the fans at dale tonight and just cant wait for the season for many more away days.

I have to say i agree the guy should have just moved stands. Seems like absolute madness to stop going to the games just because of a drummer. Having said that, the drummer sounds like an absolute tool.

Regarding getting a new drum, is there a chance the trust could help out with this, but then give it to someone a bit more responsible and importantly with some sense of rhythm? Don't know if this is their area or not, but we do need a proper drum if we are going to have one, and that lad has no rhythm what so ever, just gets faster and faster until the chant fizzles out because nobody can physically clap fast enough to keep up and the words can't be made out.

I have to say i agree the guy should have just moved stands. Seems like absolute madness to stop going to the games just because of a drummer. Having said that, the drummer sounds like an absolute tool.

Regarding getting a new drum, is there a chance the trust could help out with this, but then give it to someone a bit more responsible and importantly with some sense of rhythm? Don't know if this is their area or not, but we do need a proper drum if we are going to have one, and that lad has no rhythm what so ever, just gets faster and faster until the chant fizzles out because nobody can physically clap fast enough to keep up and the words can't be made out.

have you not considered the fact he was wrongly accused,of doing something he clearly didnt,and the club didnt stand by him.

that is why he probably hasnt renewed his 4 season tickets.

if the drummer was sat next to me and my son and i couldnt enjoy the game i would ask him to move,if he wouldnt and i got a load of abuse i would inform the stewards,and when they didnt do anything i would then send a letter to the club.

people arent saying they dont want a drum,they just want it done in a proper manner,and he should be given a seat accordingly.

Guest sheridans_world
I have sat next to him at numerous away games (Brentford i recall as one). I dont understand the problem. The drum creates a great atmosphere, however the people complaining probably dont go away to games like Carlisle and Brentford. As for getting a better drum thats fine if somebody is going to pay for it and because that is not going to happen at the moment I am quite content with drummer boy and his drum. As for your mate who hasnt renewed his season ticket well he needs 2 get some flippin backbone. Not going supporting your club because someone with a drum annoys you. He obviously is not a proper fan. Most fans on here wouldnt let anything get between them and watching OAFC. This guy hitting a kid because he plays a drum what a joke and i'd love 2 smack him.

Right now i have some English out of that paragraph.

I think the one without back bone is your little drummer boy.

He cant take a clip round the ear? Somehow i think he isnt a proper fan. You dont get fellow latics fans in trouble with the police.

To be honest, please do smack him, you try, would like to see the outcome. That means he can haul you down the copshop for assault.

Different when the glove is on the other hand eh?

Would like to add a P.s.

I was at Carlisle and i was at Brentford. At Carlisle he was a pain in the neck, the atmosphere was good, but not because of the drummer. Those of us that turned up early got the atmosphere going before the drummer boy sauntered in.

As for Brentford, what atmosphere? We were loosing to one of the worst teams in the division until five minutes before the end!

have you not considered the fact he was wrongly accused,of doing something he clearly didnt,and the club didnt stand by him.

that is why he probably hasnt renewed his 4 season tickets.

if the drummer was sat next to me and my son and i couldnt enjoy the game i would ask him to move,if he wouldnt and i got a load of abuse i would inform the stewards,and when they didnt do anything i would then send a letter to the club.

people arent saying they dont want a drum,they just want it done in a proper manner,and he should be given a seat accordingly.

That's more the point of it I believe. I know the guy involved, all he wants is to know that he will be able to sit in his seat without the kid coming and sitting next to him. Hardly unreasonable, and in fact pretty sensible after he's had those allegations thrown at him. What's he meant to do, pay for his seats and sit there getting grief all season, knowing that he could end up with a record if he reacts to anyone? He isn't strictly an old man BTW, but I did see one genuine old timer being called every name under the sun last season when he very politely asked them to move.

That's more the point of it I believe. I know the guy involved, all he wants is to know that he will be able to sit in his seat without the kid coming and sitting next to him. Hardly unreasonable, and in fact pretty sensible after he's had those allegations thrown at him. What's he meant to do, pay for his seats and sit there getting grief all season, knowing that he could end up with a record if he reacts to anyone? He isn't strictly an old man BTW, but I did see one genuine old timer being called every name under the sun last season when he very politely asked them to move.

Thats fair enough, I wouldn't want to sit next to someone who had falsely accused me of something out of spite either. I think when people are saying though that the club didn't back him on the issue (and I don't know all the facts here) but it seems like they have backed neither of them. They didn't ban him from the ground on the allegations of assault, nor did they force the drummer to move. Why should they anyway, they have little to know evidence to back up either's claims. The club seem to have just stayed out of it and let the police sort it out. However, now it is obvious the kid is a nuisance and the guy has rightfully got off, the drummer should be forced to move and put in a different seat so he isn't annoying anyone. Having said that I still wouldn't let this lad 'win' and stop coming to games because of him if the club do nothing.

Thats fair enough, I wouldn't want to sit next to someone who had falsely accused me of something out of spite either. I think when people are saying though that the club didn't back him on the issue (and I don't know all the facts here) but it seems like they have backed neither of them. They didn't ban him from the ground on the allegations of assault, nor did they force the drummer to move. Why should they anyway, they have little to know evidence to back up either's claims. The club seem to have just stayed out of it and let the police sort it out. However, now it is obvious the kid is a nuisance and the guy has rightfully got off, the drummer should be forced to move and put in a different seat so he isn't annoying anyone. Having said that I still wouldn't let this lad 'win' and stop coming to games because of him if the club do nothing.

I think I know enough of the facts now to say that I think that the drummer should be found another seat - in the Bin Dippers home end. :grin:

If i wasn't sober :o and clear headed at Brentford,with some of the racist comments coming from the followers of the drummer(as seen on you tube),there must be a link somewhere,i could have made a mess of somebody

If i wasn't sober :o and clear headed at Brentford,with some of the racist comments coming from the followers of the drummer(as seen on you tube),there must be a link somewhere,i could have made a mess of somebody

I'd forgotten about that...