Junior Luamba

On 9/15/2023 at 4:13 PM, Shrek said:

The intentions behind it are a little different. It wasn't an offer the club felt he would accept or indeed i believe wanted him to accept.

It's the same wage as his initial pro deal. That will be a pittance.

Would you have offered him an improved deal based on the 

performances he put in...? 

3 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Would you have offered him an improved deal based on the 

performances he put in...? 

This is what it boils down too. He was on X amount of money per week, he was given chances, didn’t take them and didn’t progress. We’ve offered him the same terms to protect ourselves. No way did he deserve an offer of an improved contract. Football can be harsh, but it’s a business at the end of the day. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 1:42 PM, Shrek said:

As he's one of our youth products, one of our own, I find it disgusting the way we've treated him.

He had, still has, plenty of potential. Hasn't worked out for him, really shame really.

We've no intention of keeping him apparently, I believe our offer is around the same as his deal signed last time, straight off a youth. This then traps him as any club signing him owes compo. Unless there has been an update I've missed that still remains.

Poor form from us IMO.

he has said thanks to the club and thanks to the fans so maybe youre getting incorrectly angry on somebody elses behalf? probably a word for that..

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Lags said:

Something about Salford having and recruiting for a B team screams at me

yes. l'm not sure what l'm sayin or if l'm annoyed or do l wana laugh at them what is it???

lm jus gettin a Rhino flashback to him sayin sumat about prem B teams in the league. wtf were we even tninking!!!!

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

He wasn't very good was he, if we're being honest? Would've been our 7th choice striker at best 

Not sure how the club has treated him poorly?

That's because they haven't. Gave him his chance,  he didn't take it. 

• Like 3

On 9/30/2023 at 2:34 PM, Lags said:

That's because they haven't. Gave him his chance,  he didn't take it. 

TBF to Luamba he looked like he might have something about him but a series of recurrent leg injuries stopped his development.

Unfortunately these things happen in life.