Junior Luamba

As he's one of our youth products, one of our own, I find it disgusting the way we've treated him.

He had, still has, plenty of potential. Hasn't worked out for him, really shame really.

We've no intention of keeping him apparently, I believe our offer is around the same as his deal signed last time, straight off a youth. This then traps him as any club signing him owes compo. Unless there has been an update I've missed that still remains.

Poor form from us IMO.

20 minutes ago, Shrek said:

As he's one of our youth products, one of our own, I find it disgusting the way we've treated him.

He had, still has, plenty of potential. Hasn't worked out for him, really shame really.

We've no intention of keeping him apparently, I believe our offer is around the same as his deal signed last time, straight off a youth. This then traps him as any club signing him owes compo. Unless there has been an update I've missed that still remains.

Poor form from us IMO.

Wasn't he on trial at Barnsley? If they'd picked him up for nothing because we hadn't offered a contract (as I believe happened with Simms) then the club will have got pelters for missing out.

Has he had offers/interest from clubs lower down the pyramid who can't afford the compensation so take it no further?

39 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Poor form from us IMO.

Standard practice surely.

25 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

He wasn’t good enough but we offered him a new contract . He turned it down. How is that treating him badly?

We offered him a contract the same level as his post youth one. Peanuts, it meant we were due compo. We don't actually want him to sign.

1 hour ago, Shrek said:

Poor form from us IMO.

He was offered a deal on the same money and turned it down. He hadn’t shown much to warrant anything more in my opinion.

Nothing wrong with that is there?

40 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He was offered a deal on the same money and turned it down. He hadn’t shown much to warrant anything more in my opinion.

Nothing wrong with that is there?

The intentions behind it are a little different. It wasn't an offer the club felt he would accept or indeed i believe wanted him to accept.

It's the same wage as his initial pro deal. That will be a pittance.

2 minutes ago, Shrek said:

The intentions behind it are a little different. It wasn't an offer the club felt he would accept or indeed i believe wanted him to accept.

Is the potential compensation we'd be due stopping him getting another club?

1 minute ago, Shrek said:

It's all the club had to offer or indeed what Junior warranted. It's pro football. 

7 minutes ago, Shrek said:

IT'S BECAUSE HE WASNT GOOD ENOUGH FFS!!

What is it your moaning about😬

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Someone has worked it out.

20 year old kid. Poor in my view. 

I meant has it actually happened? Another club wants to actually sign him but can't because of the compensation? Or are you theorising?

18 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Someone has worked it out.

20 year old kid. Poor in my view. 

We've invested in his potential.  If someone else gets the benefit then us being compensated it seems fair to me.  It's not as if we're demanding a massive transfer fee!

4 hours ago, Shrek said:

Poor form from us IMO.

2 hours ago, Shrek said:

Good business. Pipe down

2 hours ago, Shrek said:

You are assuming a lot there about what intentions were.