I've heard a lot of supporters exclaim how he's never a right back but I think he's learning his craft each game incrementally and is starting to look more comfortable as a right wing back. He's got incredible energy levels and gets into some great positions. A case in note against Gateshead in the first half where he powered through and used his upper body perfectly to muscle their full back out of the way to create a good chance. Of course, his final ball is the weakest part of his game, understandably really, but it's something he's working on and will improve the more he plays there.

I still expect a RWB is high on 5PM's priority list, but Will's development in this area gives us more options and important cover. He's a great advert to other young pros to work hard and make the most of your chance, even if it's out of your natural position. We should be proud to see the growth and maturing of 'one of our own'.

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I've heard a lot of supporters exclaim how he's never a right back but I think he's learning his craft each game incrementally and is starting to look more comfortable as a right wing back. He's got incredible energy levels and gets into some great positions. A case in note against Gateshead in the first half where he powered through and used his upper body perfectly to muscle their full back out of the way to create a good chance. Of course, his final ball is the weakest part of his game, understandably really, but it's something he's working on and will improve the more he plays there.

I still expect a RWB is high on 5PM's priority list, but Will's development in this area gives us more options and important cover. He's a great advert to other young pros to work hard and make the most of your chance, even if it's out of your natural position. We should be proud to see the growth and maturing of 'one of our own'.

Strongly agree with this. He's a much better RB/RWB than when he first played the position which, funnily enough, was a year ago at Dorking. He looks so much better on the ball now and much better positionally. I still think he'll be a better CB but this experience can only aid his development as a footballer.  

• Like 3

Yep have to agree. It would also help if he got some sort of support and cover from the midfielders in front of him....on Saturday I'm not even sure who that was meant to be...maybe Lundstrom but he got very little assistance.

2 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

Strongly agree with this. He's a much better RB/RWB than when he first played the position which, funnily enough, was a year ago at Dorking. He looks so much better on the ball now and much better positionally. I still think he'll be a better CB but this experience can only aid his development as a footballer.  

Seems to have a belting attitude doesn’t he ? Bet he hasn’t moaned once about basically being played out of position. Just looks happy to be in the side. And after a shaky start (positionaly especially) is really developing. I’d love to see him climb the leagues with us and potentially get a good move down the line. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

You say he has incredible energy levels, when we played at Gateshead this season he was blowing out of his arse after 70 minutes, it may have been he wasn't 100 per cent as we all pick up slight illnesses. Having said that he has improved and against Hartlepool at home I felt he gave one of his best displays. After being dropped/rested he seems to have come back stronger. 

he can defo play RB. 

hopefully our 'fans' who like being obtuse can not do another Eardley, Lomax scenario again 🙄

BLOODY 'ELL

that being said, we urgent need a RB

Edited by Monty Burns
BLOODY 'ELL