Bit random but I remember a poster on here had access to Statsbomb through work which the club also use as a scouting tool for potential signings. 

If the poster sees this would you mind checking on where Hudson and Kitching rank in their positions across the league? Particularly Kitching. I can’t think of another left back so far who has looked better. 

Be interesting to see where a player like Sheron ranks among midfielders this season based on his stats, I seem to remember last season he was high. 

The big question is always how stats are interpreted.  Passes completed, and the like, is all very well but if they're five yard passes in your own half when you're two nil behind I'd rather not bother

23 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He must be in double figures for assists ? Won’t get much better than him for this division. 

For me it’s the defensive side of his game that lets him down.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The big question is always how stats are interpreted.  Passes completed, and the like, is all very well but if they're five yard passes in your own half when you're two nil behind I'd rather not bother

Most of the stats (at least at the elite level) account for this kind of thing. 

14 minutes ago, Ackey said:

And that's probably my point - they're quoted down at this level as if they've gone through the same analytical process - which I doubt

21 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Disagree there.

AFLs ruckmen are judged off their hit outs in the ruck. It's all very well having 72 hit outs, but if 60 of them go to the opposition, the opposing ruckman may as well just sit down, have a beer and light up.

It's only this last two years where they have started using hitouts to advantage and the numbers are way down.

Elite is bandied around far too often for average players of any sport.

45 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I just think of Tom Jones whenever I see Statsbomb. 

Statsbomb,

Statsbomb,

You're my statsbomb,

You can tell me baby who scores the most one-on-ones..

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Disagree there.

AFLs ruckmen are judged off their hit outs in the ruck. It's all very well having 72 hit outs, but if 60 of them go to the opposition, the opposing ruckman may as well just sit down, have a beer and light up.

It's only this last two years where they have started using hitouts to advantage and the numbers are way down.

Elite is bandied around far too often for average players of any sport.

I'm going to regret asking this but what's a 'hitout'?  I did go to a couple of Aussie Rules games at the Oval in the mid 80s but remember little because every Aussie in London was there and they were probably the most monumental piss ups I've ever been at.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Really? In my opinion he’s vastly overrated!

😂😂

Apart from Norwood- is there anyone you rate in our ‘bloody awful!’ squad . .  

They’re hardly any players - who are good all rounders playing level 5 football.

If there is - they move up into EFL. Or are on silly money to drop down. 

Kitching is quality for this level. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

They’re hardly any players - who are good all rounders playing level 5 football.

He has played every game since arriving. Worth keeping Reid around just to keep him happy. 

• Like 1

Think you might be remembering me, although its Wyscout not Statsbomb. I assume they're very similar though.

Hudson.

The Wyscout index which compiles a bunch of stats depending on position to determine the best in the division has him as the 7th best. 1st Johnson @ Halifax, 2nd Smith @ Bromley and annoyingly 3rd is Moulden @ Dogdale (although Tyrer at Chesterfield is 12th).

FYI, comparing Normans full season to Hudsons half, both our keepers are very close in stats although Hudson shades it.

Kitching

Index has him as the 7th best fullback in the league and 3rd best predominantly left sided fullback. Briggs @ Saafend and Kanu @ Barnet being the left sided players ranked higher. Indevidual stats suggest he is probably the best LB going forwards and above average defensively.

Sheron

Theres a caveat with the centre of midfield in that theres 3 catagories, defensive, central and attacking so messes with the sample sizes somewhat but the Index ranks him as the 9th best central midfielder in the league. 1st Whitely @ Bromley, 2nd Booty, 3rd Krauhaus @ Bromley.

If you want anything more specific then im happy to look it up for you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

Kitching

Index has him as the 7th best fullback in the league and 3rd best predominantly left sided fullback. Briggs @ Saafend and Kanu @ Barnet being the left sided players ranked higher. Indevidual stats suggest he is probably the best LB going forwards and above average defensively.

Only the third best overall left back in the division, and best going toward. . . Bloody awful! 😂😂

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

Kitching is ok going forward but his job is as a defender first & foremost and I don’t think that it’s his strong point!

Norman, Hudson, Hobson, Raglan, Sutton (@ CB) & Norwood are all capable of stepping up to EFL level.

Lundstram, Willoughby & Ward get the benefit of the doubt because non have had a fair crack yet.

I wouldn’t be arsed if the rest left in this window.

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Kitching is ok going forward

He’s not ok going forward. 

He’s the best the division, and many a game has literally been our only creative outlet. 

Trent Alexander isn’t the best defender but he plays every week because he’s terrific going forward. 

By your reckoning- you just want defenders to defend - because that their job. It’s very simplistic and one dimensional. . . It wouldn’t be long before you were saying we offer nothing in wide areas. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, League one forever said:

28 minutes ago, League one forever said:

By your reckoning- you just want defenders to defend - because that their job. It’s very simplistic and one dimensional. . . It wouldn’t be long before you were saying we offer nothing in wide areas. 

You said yourself, there are hardly any all rounders playing in the 5th division, apart from Kitching that is eh?

Stats don’t always tell the full story as we’ve found out with our gold medal signings!

Its all about opinions….If I was a right sided midfielder up against Kitching I’d be happy enough!

And by the way…..we don’t offer very much in wide areas now!

44 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Kitching is ok going forward but his job is as a defender first & foremost and I don’t think that it’s his strong point!

Norman, Hudson, Hobson, Raglan, Sutton (@ CB) & Norwood are all capable of stepping up to EFL level.

Lundstram, Willoughby & Ward get the benefit of the doubt because non have had a fair crack yet.

I wouldn’t be arsed if the rest left in this window.

37 minutes ago, League one forever said:

He’s not ok going forward. 

He’s the best the division, and many a game has literally been our only creative outlet. 

Trent Alexander isn’t the best defender but he plays every week because he’s terrific going forward. 

In the interest of balance, a couple of things, stats aren't everything and the stats we do have are probably abit skewed defensively because most of our defending is done down our weaker right side.

Having said that I would say his defensive stats are slightly above average for the division, but it depends how you interpret the data.

Successful defensive actions per 90: Avg 8.2 Kitch 7.86
Defensive duels per 90 : Avg 6.4 Kitch 5.7
Defensive duels won: Avg 61.7 Kitch 66.28
Ariel duels per 90: Avg 2.86 Kitch 2.49

Ariel duel success: Avg 42.4 Kitch 61.33

Shots blocked per 90: Avg 0.19 Kitch 0.3

Interceptions per 90: Avg 3.9 Kitch 3.98

Fouls per 90: Avg 0.74 Kitch 0.56

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

You said yourself, there are hardly any all rounders playing in the 5th division, apart from Kitching that is eh?

Stats don’t always tell the full story as we’ve found out with our gold medal signings!

Its all about opinions….If I was a right sided midfielder up against Kitching I’d be happy enough!

And by the way…..we don’t offer very much in wide areas now!

Eh? 

I’m agreeing with you that the defensive side of his game could be better- but if it was he wouldn’t playing in division 5. However any deficiencies he has, he more than makes up for with his attacking play. 

His stats don’t say he’s good, or one of the better ones. They say he’s the best. . I wouldn’t like to be the right back up against him. 

No we don’t create from wide areas- oh apart from the only player who consistently delivers into the box and is a threat in nearly every game- he is the same player you just want defend for ninety minutes.