6 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

In the interest of balance, a couple of things, stats aren't everything and the stats we do have are probably abit skewed defensively because most of our defending is done down our weaker right side.

Having said that I would say his defensive stats are slightly above average for the division, but it depends how you interpret the data.

Successful defensive actions per 90: Avg 8.2 Kitch 7.86
Defensive duels per 90 : Avg 6.4 Kitch 5.7
Defensive duels won: Avg 61.7 Kitch 66.28
Ariel duels per 90: Avg 2.86 Kitch 2.49

Ariel duel success: Avg 42.4 Kitch 61.33

Shots blocked per 90: Avg 0.19 Kitch 0.3

Interceptions per 90: Avg 3.9 Kitch 3.98

Fouls per 90: Avg 0.74 Kitch 0.56

He can improve defensively, but I’m happy to compromise on that with how good he is going forward. If he was equally good at both, he wouldn’t be here. 

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

He can improve defensively, but I’m happy to compromise on that with how good he is going forward. If he was equally good at both, he wouldn’t be here. 

I wonder how many goals we have scored from crosses by Kitching?

1 hour ago, LaticsEddie said:

Think you might be remembering me, although its Wyscout not Statsbomb. I assume they're very similar though.

Hudson.

The Wyscout index which compiles a bunch of stats depending on position to determine the best in the division has him as the 7th best. 1st Johnson @ Halifax, 2nd Smith @ Bromley and annoyingly 3rd is Moulden @ Dogdale (although Tyrer at Chesterfield is 12th).

FYI, comparing Normans full season to Hudsons half, both our keepers are very close in stats although Hudson shades it.

Kitching

Index has him as the 7th best fullback in the league and 3rd best predominantly left sided fullback. Briggs @ Saafend and Kanu @ Barnet being the left sided players ranked higher. Indevidual stats suggest he is probably the best LB going forwards and above average defensively.

Sheron

Theres a caveat with the centre of midfield in that theres 3 catagories, defensive, central and attacking so messes with the sample sizes somewhat but the Index ranks him as the 9th best central midfielder in the league. 1st Whitely @ Bromley, 2nd Booty, 3rd Krauhaus @ Bromley.

If you want anything more specific then im happy to look it up for you.

Thanks for that mate. 

it’s interesting to read and appreciate you looking. How do Hobson and Hogan rank up? Raglan hasn’t featured much until recently.

Is there anything that by team ranks players at the one club i.e Oldhams best player based on all stats available is Norwood for example? Like an overall ranking of sorts?

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I wonder how many goals we have scored from crosses by Kitching?

I think 7 -

Reid at Kidderminster

Reid v Maidenhead

Green at Dale

Reid v Eastleigh

Fondop v Mickleover

Stones v Hartlepool

Fondop v Hartlepool

7 assists from a defender by early January.

Not good enough!!!!!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

I think 7 -

Reid at Kidderminster

Reid v Maidenhead

Green at Dale

Reid v Eastleigh

Fondop v Mickleover

Stones v Hartlepool

Fondop v Hartlepool

Not good enough!!!!!!!

Pathetic. 

I get so bored with him trying to create chances and get crosses in. I just wish he’d stay in his own half and bloody defend!! Bring back DU- he’d know what to do with him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LaticsEddie said:

Think you might be remembering me, although its Wyscout not Statsbomb. I assume they're very similar though.

Hudson.

The Wyscout index which compiles a bunch of stats depending on position to determine the best in the division has him as the 7th best. 1st Johnson @ Halifax, 2nd Smith @ Bromley and annoyingly 3rd is Moulden @ Dogdale (although Tyrer at Chesterfield is 12th).

FYI, comparing Normans full season to Hudsons half, both our keepers are very close in stats although Hudson shades it.

Kitching

Index has him as the 7th best fullback in the league and 3rd best predominantly left sided fullback. Briggs @ Saafend and Kanu @ Barnet being the left sided players ranked higher. Indevidual stats suggest he is probably the best LB going forwards and above average defensively.

Sheron

Theres a caveat with the centre of midfield in that theres 3 catagories, defensive, central and attacking so messes with the sample sizes somewhat but the Index ranks him as the 9th best central midfielder in the league. 1st Whitely @ Bromley, 2nd Booty, 3rd Krauhaus @ Bromley.

If you want anything more specific then im happy to look it up for you.

is it an effort typing it all up..?

1 hour ago, jsslatic said:

I think 7 -

Reid at Kidderminster

Reid v Maidenhead

Green at Dale

Reid v Eastleigh

Fondop v Mickleover

Stones v Hartlepool

Fondop v Hartlepool

Not good enough!!!!!!!

Knew he had more than 4 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Pathetic. 

I get so bored with him trying to create chances and get crosses in. I just wish he’d stay in his own half and bloody defend!! Bring back DU- he’d know what to do with him. 

Without Kitching I don’t think we would have any supply most games.

Id love for us to get a creative number 10 type to break down the lesser teams at home. 

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm going to regret asking this but what's a 'hitout'?  I did go to a couple of Aussie Rules games at the Oval in the mid 80s but remember little because every Aussie in London was there and they were probably the most monumental piss ups I've ever been at.

There are three times for the opportunity for a hitout.

1. The centre bounce where the ump bounces the ball at the start of the game and after every goal is kicked. A single ruckman/woman from either team then contest for the ball whilst in the air and hit it out of the contest.

2. When a contested ball becomes locked under a million players, thus preventing the free flow of the game, the umpire blows his whistle clears the melee and throws the ball up in the air for the two ruckmen/women to contest and hit out.

3. When a ball goes into touch during play. The boundary umpires then throws the ball back into the field of play for the two rucks to contest again.

Clear as mud lol

"probably the most monumental piss ups I've ever been at."

That's every game

Edited by L1onheartNew

22 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Without Kitching I don’t think we would have any supply most games.

Spot on. I was taking the piss. 

22 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Id love for us to get a creative number 10 type to break down the lesser teams at home. 

Maybe Conlon can be that man. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

Apart from Norwood- is there anyone you rate in our ‘bloody awful!’ squad . .  

They’re hardly any players - who are good all rounders playing level 5 football.

If there is - they move up into EFL. Or are on silly money to drop down. 

Kitching is quality for this level. 

When he first arrived, I rated him as one of the worst players to pull on a Latics shirt.

Proved me wrong in spades and has turned into the best LB since Pointon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

They say he’s the best. . I wouldn’t like to be the right back up against him. 

Subjective, IMO he is given he's spent majority of the season at LB.

Successful Attacking Actions p90: Avg 2.75 Kitch 3.78 (12th)

Offensive duels p90: Avg 6.1 Kitch 4.77 (24th)

Offensive duels won: Avg 41.93% Kitch 52.08% (6th)

Progressive runs p90: Avg 1.97 Kitch 2.06 (19th)

Dribbles per 90: Avg 2.94 Kitch 2.78 (21st)

Successful dribbles: Avg 54% Kitch 64.29% (7th)

Cross per 90: Avg 2.67 Kitch 5.24 (2nd)

Cross accuracy: Avg 30.63% Kitch 34.81% (17th)

expected assists: Avg 1.65 Kitch 4.95 (2nd)

Assists: Avg 1.4 Kitch 4 (joint 2nd, said earlier he was first but thats Briggs with 10)

(out of 45 players who's main position is listed as LB/LWB)

Close between Kitch, Briggs and Kanu. Briggs and Kanu better dribblers and as LWB's get more freedom to go forward. Kitch by far the better crosser.

51 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Knew he had more than 4 

2 hours ago, jsslatic said:

I think 7 -

Reid at Kidderminster

Reid v Maidenhead✅

Green at Dale✅

Reid v Eastleigh ✅

Fondop v Mickleover

Stones v Hartlepool ✅

Fondop v Hartlepool

Not good enough!!!!!!!

Fondop v Hartlepool- no assist credited because its a rebound off the defender, Fondop v Mickleover- no FA vase on Wyscout, Reid at Kidderminster- Dickenson heads it, keeper saves and Reid scores the rebound

10 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

Fondop v Hartlepool- no assist credited because its a rebound off the defender, Fondop v Mickleover- no FA vase on Wyscout, Reid at Kidderminster- Dickenson heads it, keeper saves and Reid scores the rebound

OK, but they're all still goals from Kitching crosses which is what he asked.

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Really? In my opinion he’s vastly overrated!

Of course that's what you think 😴😴😴😴😴

4 hours ago, LaticsEddie said:

In the interest of balance, a couple of things, stats aren't everything and the stats we do have are probably abit skewed defensively because most of our defending is done down our weaker right side.

Having said that I would say his defensive stats are slightly above average for the division, but it depends how you interpret the data.

Successful defensive actions per 90: Avg 8.2 Kitch 7.86
Defensive duels per 90 : Avg 6.4 Kitch 5.7
Defensive duels won: Avg 61.7 Kitch 66.28
Ariel duels per 90: Avg 2.86 Kitch 2.49

Ariel duel success: Avg 42.4 Kitch 61.33

Shots blocked per 90: Avg 0.19 Kitch 0.3

Interceptions per 90: Avg 3.9 Kitch 3.98

Fouls per 90: Avg 0.74 Kitch 0.56

Take that all day long

• Like 1

21 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Disagree there.

AFLs ruckmen are judged off their hit outs in the ruck. It's all very well having 72 hit outs, but if 60 of them go to the opposition, the opposing ruckman may as well just sit down, have a beer and light up.

It's only this last two years where they have started using hitouts to advantage and the numbers are way down.

Elite is bandied around far too often for average players of any sport.

I watch a bit of it, but I certainly can't speak about AFL stats, never mind the underlying data science. 

At the elite level in football (for argument's sake, let's say the PL and Champions League) they are certainly capably of analysis way beyond "he kicked it" or "he didn't kick it". To the point JSS makes above, as a convenient example - at an elite level, statistics would show that Kitching's crosses led to goals, even if that was indirectly.