BPAS PODCAST: 5th Feb '24, S4E26: Ebb & Slow

Ebb (verb) 2. (of an emotion or quality) gradually decrease "my enthusiasm was ebbing away"  This pretty much sums up Saturday's 0-0 televised bore draw at Ebbsfleet, which followed last week's home defeat to Woking.

Find all our links ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠here⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠!

You can support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/oafcpodcast/subscribe⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠.

If you'd like to make a one off donation, you can now also Buy Us A Coffee by clicking ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠here

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠

You can also support us by visiting ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Please subscribe to our ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠YouTube channel⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠ to watch the Latics Football Phone In live every Wednesday from 8.30pm.

BPAS and Latics Football Phone In are ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠KUPOD⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠ productions.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠

Laticsmind music by Matt Berry, produced at King Buzzard Studios in Shaw.

• Like 1

• Matt featured this topic

They seem just as pissed off as the rest of us. :D 

They're right though, Mellon's interview was a non-event which left us completely in the dark, baffled and bewildered. Fuck knows what's going on with the footballing side of things but it currently does not look good. I hope we're not going to go through the whole damn shit storm again. 

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

They seem just as pissed off as the rest of us. :D 

They're right though, Mellon's interview was a non-event which left us completely in the dark, baffled and bewildered. Fuck knows what's going on with the footballing side of things but it currently does not look good. I hope we're not going to go through the whole damn shit storm again. 

Yeah, whole thing from Mellon was disappointing. His team selection, his tactics, his substitutes and his interview. He's done well so far for Oldham, but I was disappointed with him last weekend...

1 minute ago, GrahamHughes said:

I know it was the phone in and not the podcast but was great to hear from Jim Fryatt’s son,was before my time but obviously a player held in great  regard from those that saw him play.

He was an early Latics hero of mine - brilliant in the air and a proper ‘old fashioned’ centre forward. 
It was a pleasure to listen to Sean speak so fondly of his dad and the time he spent at Oldham 😃

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GrahamHughes said:

I know it was the phone in and not the podcast but was great to hear from Jim Fryatt’s son,was before my time but obviously a player held in great  regard from those that saw him play.

His other son was a pro golfer good enough to play in the main USPGA tour

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

More significant than Andy Ritchie?

Fryatt was Jimmy Frizzell's first signing in 1970 when we were second bottom of the Football League. He completely transformed the team and the expectations of watching it. We got promoted the next season and didn't look back for a quarter of a century.

That is why, in my opinion, he is the most significant. His signing started it all.

Ritchie was a fantastic player and a brilliant signing, but only one of several around that time.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

Fryatt was Jimmy Frizzell's first signing in 1970 when we were second bottom of the Football League. He completely transformed the team and the expectations of watching it. We got promoted the next season and didn't look back for a quarter of a century.

That is why, in my opinion, he is the most significant. His signing started it all.

Ritchie was a fantastic player and a brilliant signing, but only one of several around that time.

Interesting. Just before my time. My first full season was 73- 74 so I wasn't really aware of the genesis of the previous promotion winning team.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Interesting. Just before my time. My first full season was 73- 74 so I wasn't really aware of the genesis of the previous promotion winning team.

Interesting that the 73-4 season was your first. Notwithstanding the genius signing of Groves, I would have thought that in signing Andy Lochhead, Frizzell was trying to imitate the effect Fryatt had on the previous promotion team.

• Like 1

• Bender unfeatured this topic