Avro v Ashton United at BP

Avro v Ashton United cup final at BP tonight 7:45

Will probably be the best match seen this season and maybe some better players.

Benny Couto should be playing for Ashton.

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Avro v Ashton United cup final at BP tonight 7:45

Will probably be the best match seen this season and maybe some better players.

Benny Couto should be playing for Ashton.

Wonder if he'll end up there ?

Edited by Bobledgersheart

11 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Wonder if he'll end up there ?

Or here. It got me wondering has actually MM been to watch all our players out on loan?

I've never heard of him doing that.

47 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Or here. It got me wondering has actually MM been to watch all our players out on loan?

I've never heard of him doing that.

Probably delegates that or relies on feedback from the loaned club.

I'm surprised Benny has lasted this long at the club as he hasn't progressed at all despite being given chances the previous manager denied others.

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Probably delegates that or relies on feedback from the loaned club.

I'm surprised Benny has lasted this long at the club as he hasn't progressed at all despite being given chances the previous manager denied others.

How does he know a good player when he doesn't see them?

It flies against his latest interview.

Benny Couto best player on the field, but still light weight.

I wouldn't write him off though. Ashton number 10 Cusani about 6ft 5" playing wide right is strange, but although lacking pace looks decent.

0-0 half time, a bit like watching Latics.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Benny Couto best player on the field, but still light weight.

I wouldn't write him off though. Ashton number 10 Cusani about 6ft 5" playing wide right is strange, but although lacking pace looks decent.

0-0 half time, a bit like watching Latics.

Is Mellon there taking lessons?

41 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Is Mellon there taking lessons?

If I hadn't seen Couto before I'd say he was a good 19yo prospect.

On that basis I'd retain him.

Did Mellon go to this game?

If so, why was he wasting his time there instead of watching Halifax when we play them on Thursday?

If not, why wasn't he looking at available gems playing in his doorstep?

I don't know the answers to these questions but I am angry about them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Did Mellon go to this game?

If so, why was he wasting his time there instead of watching Halifax when we play them on Thursday?

If not, why wasn't he looking at available gems playing in his doorstep?

I don't know the answers to these questions but I am angry about them.

I remember a story a while ago about our manager (possibly Wellens) travelling south on a Tuesday night to watch a game and getting pelters because he apparently should have been in Oldham training our players to play better. At 7.45 on a Tuesday night 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by nzlatic

Posted (edited)

Couto had more attempts at goal (one hitting the crossbar and another cleared off the line) than Kitching has had all season- and defended well too. Some of his crosses were excellent.

He should be given another season IMO.

I know it was against Avro, but it was the ability and performance I looked at.

Edited by BP1960

Are you suggesting the quality of a fullback should be based on if they have enough shots?

Kitching is flawed (he's playing in non-league, they all are) but surely he's been a better player than almost all the others this season?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Are you suggesting the quality of a fullback should be based on if they have enough shots?

Kitching is flawed (he's playing in non-league, they all are) but surely he's been a better player than almost all the others this season?

Agreed, but his form has tailed off alarmingly so Couto could have been an "interesting" late season alternative.

• Like 1

For me Kitching has been one of many disappointments.  He never seems all that interested, when the opposition break he strolls back half arsed. can't kick with his right foot , can;t head a ball, and never gets a tackle in . Ok two or three times a game, he may get a cross in, but they never lead to anything . Just one of many with an attitude problem. I will be glad to see the back of him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

For me Kitching has been one of many disappointments.  He never seems all that interested, when the opposition break he strolls back half arsed. can't kick with his right foot , can;t head a ball, and never gets a tackle in . Ok two or three times a game, he may get a cross in, but they never lead to anything . Just one of many with an attitude problem. I will be glad to see the back of him.

Agreed although it doesn't make Couto are more viable selection as some are suggesting. Fylde away he was the worse player on the pitch by a country mile, an absolutely shocking performance he's replicated with regularity since Christmas. 

3 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

This was contrary to the Couto I saw last night who bombed forward at every opportunity, sent over some excellent crosses, particularly low and could have bagged 2 goals.

Even against Mickelover and Hendon I don't recollect Kitching doing that.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

This was contrary to the Couto I saw last night who bombed forward at every opportunity, sent over some excellent crosses, particularly low and could have bagged 2 goals.

Even against Mickelover and Hendon I don't recollect Kitching doing that.

Couto is ours. Nobody has seen him play for us for ages.  He may well have come on leaps and bounds. He still very young. And most of all he couldn't possibly be worse than Kitching..  Lets at least have a look at the lad.