Last one to post wins

singe

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wedding huh? Have you thought about a singer.... :blink:

Yup, I have some very definite ideas about music for the wedding, it is the only thing I am bothered about. No band, no singer, no string quartet, no abba, no rubbish music whatsoever. If we get a dj then he is not alllowed to talk at all, he can play the music but I do not want any words to escape his mouth go through a microphone and out the PA.

My preference is to hook my mp3 player or a laptop up to a PA and play a preset play list of my choice, although this is very much still under discussion. I can see me having to compromise and hire a dj but I will be giving him certain tunes to play and if he dares play any abba or similar stuff that I do not want to hear, let alone try and talk then I will break his legs.

Yup, I have some very definite ideas about music for the wedding, it is the only thing I am bothered about. No band, no singer, no string quartet, no abba, no :censored: music whatsoever. If we get a dj then he is not alllowed to talk at all, he can play the music but I do not want any words to escape his mouth go through a microphone and out the PA.

My preference is to hook my mp3 player or a laptop up to a PA and play a preset play list of my choice, although this is very much still under discussion. I can see me having to compromise and hire a dj but I will be giving him certain tunes to play and if he dares play any abba or similar stuff that I do not want to hear, let alone try and talk then I will break his legs.

That's what we did. We gave him a list of about 300 songs and told him he could play stuff on the list and nothing else, and no requests.

Guest gillianfn
Yup, I have some very definite ideas about music for the wedding, it is the only thing I am bothered about. No band, no singer, no string quartet, no abba, no rubbish music whatsoever. If we get a dj then he is not alllowed to talk at all, he can play the music but I do not want any words to escape his mouth go through a microphone and out the PA.

So, let me get this straight in my head then.... you don't want a singer? ;)

I really need to get back down the gym, not been there since I started playing 5 a side and then Sunday League football about 5 years ago. Unfortunately I've stopped doing that now. I've been told it might sort my knees out (posted on the RBT ages ago that I feared Arthur Ritus) - apparently it might actually be a long term effect of my kneecaps shifting outwards from where they lived when I had muscles. Yummy.

Couldn't face one of those Lycra palaces though. Might get back to my old spit and sawdust place. Populated by bouncers, competitive power lifters and a few body builders as well as lots of people just trying to get in shape a bit. Never any ego, people were always polite about equipment and always willing to help out. No induction (you wouldn't sue them anyway), no classes, but advice always there if you want it. One of those times where less is more.

Ah, the gym, one of those. Why is it there's always a time of year, usually around January, when everyone decides to get into shape? I have no room to talk, although I'm not quite at the lead-pumping-spendthrift stage yet, I have however taken up a spot of jogging for the last couple of weeks. So has everyone else it seems, as when I went earlier there must have been about 5 other bounding wobble-arses within sight at any one time.

Music at weddings. One of my former colleagues for his wedding came up with the novel plan of hiring a jukebox and nothing else. Just let you and your guests pick music from whatever's on there. Don't think anyone else's mentioned it, so just thought I'd put it out there.

Ooh, looks like I might be getting my way on the music. Turns out that according to Neurotic Bride magazine or some other nonsense that the DIY style of music at weddings is very much par for the course these days. I'm ahead of my time me.

Failing that, when I lived in Brighton we used to go to a clubnight called "Stick It On" where you could play music for 15 minutes after registering on their website. So I might do that and ask the guests to bring some choons.

Yay! that means we can also save some money and keep the cost down!!!

When my cousin got married, to the chappie from Paris Angels, from memory they had a good DJ, somebody they knew. No talking just played tunes, but he did a really good thing early doors. He did a kiddies disco, Birdie Song the lot, had them dancing doing energetic games the full monty, which was cool cos after less than an hour they were all knackered and there were no crazed kids charging around for the rest of the night.

Guest gillianfn

RANT OF MAMMOTH PROPORTIONS COMING RIGHT UP.

Last night got a call from my girl to tell me one of the teachers in France had come good and found her a self contained apartment- 2 thirds of the cost and she will get CAF (refund on her rent, like a rebate kind of thing) - To be fair to the bitch she is currently staying with, she told her last night so she could start to look for a new tenant..... She went completely off her head, and threw her out right there and then. C word that she is. How could she? How could she do that to a young girl in another country? Apparently she screamed at her like a mentalist and started throwing her clothes out, called her a dirty bitch and said she had never met anyone like her. This is the girl who offered to teach her grandaughter English and has abided by every Fliping stupid house rule she laid down.

Guess where my first port of call is going to be on the 21 Feb? And I don't give a Flip if I get arrested, I am going to smack her in the face so hard she won't know what the hell hit her.

Guess where my first port of call is going to be on the 21 Feb? And I don't give a Flip if I get arrested, I am going to smack her in the face so hard she won't know what the hell hit her.

Don't forget to film it on your moby, the stick it on YouTube so we can all watch :violent111: ;) :)

I was gonna say give her on for me, but I thought better of it :rolleyes:

Edited by StipeTripe

Fitness, eh?

In case you've not seen t'other thread, I'm doing the Manchester run in May - Stipes, I'll look into that charity, cheers.

At my wedding (clearly have to find the bird mad enough first), I'm clearly gonna set the play list like Woodgate, sorry Stevie. No way am I having some utter garbage like Black Lace on (speaking of which, found out today that one of them is dead).

Granny Gill - you go get her girl :violent111:

That's taken me ages to type - I nearly burnt me tea.

Guest gillianfn

My girl is now in her new apartment. Hopefully, this will be the last place she lives in until she comes back home in summer! Bless her little cotton socks. I could have understood the attitude of the old bitch had she been a bad kid, but she is so respectful, such a sweet girl. Anyhow Mrs Landlady will get it in 20 days.

You know I mentioned the lad who got in touch out of the blue the other day? He came over a couple of nights ago - bless, he's been so poorly. I'm so glad we got a chance to see each other again. I can now resume my role as his second mother!

Guest gillianfn

That's the one!! The only thing is I don't actually know how to punch - I showed the lads last night what I intended to do and they burst out laughing, saying that if I punched someone in that way I would break my wrist. So I'm having a re-think of that, maybe I'll smack her across her face as hard as I can. (Actually, maybe I won't do any such thing, because despite my gob :censored:eness, I'm not violent and even though she has been a complete c word to my girl, I haven't got it in me to hurt someone)

That's the one!! The only thing is I don't actually know how to punch - I showed the lads last night what I intended to do and they burst out laughing, saying that if I punched someone in that way I would break my wrist. So I'm having a re-think of that, maybe I'll smack her across her face as hard as I can. (Actually, maybe I won't do any such thing, because despite my gob :censored:eness, I'm not violent and even though she has been a complete c word to my girl, I haven't got it in me to hurt someone)

Yeah, I got told by my brother that if I punched like I thought I should do, I would break my thumb. Ahem. Slapping is ok, it's a female prerogative to be girlie. :)

Guest gillianfn

It seems I have everyone's approval so Flip it, I am going to toilet brush her anyway, (girly slap of course - that body pump just might come in useful!) just so she knows not to pish with Northern birds. Fliping French people - I spoke to my girl tonight, she wants to work there when she graduates but not in that area, she reckons they are all Fliping mentalists.

Edited by gillianfn

What the Flip is going on,me emoticons are all over the place.Not getting pictures just text where the little Flipers should be.

Been working on a council estate in Dukinfield today.One of me jobs was for a Miss Hills whose mother had the foresight to christen her Beverley.Got me thinkin' i wonder if when she christened her she envisaged a life on a council estate in Dukinfield for her.Funny old world eh.

Also had a dog tryin' to eat me while the owner said don't worry he's just saying hello,well how about i say hello by kicking you in the rubbish see if you find that funny you arse.

Meter reading,it's grate!

Edit:Someone pushed a button or summat at OWTB towers,those emoticons just sorted 'emselves out. :sign0094:

Edited by inspectormorose