Last one to post wins

singe

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gillianfn

Where exactly are you exiled to? Wherever it is, it isn't far enough away! ;)

Do you know, and this is sooooooooooooo unlike me, I walked into the office today and I wasn't in a very good mood. Now that is not like me at all, I just don't do bad moods, never have - but someone had moved a load of stuff from my window sill and it really riled me. Been in a grump ever since - snapped at someone in the office, told a colleague in a meeting to be quiet and stop talking rubbish. Leading me to a new topic for the big thread, moods? What sets you off and gets you cross? :angry:

Do you know, and this is sooooooooooooo unlike me, I walked into the office today and I wasn't in a very good mood. Now that is not like me at all, I just don't do bad moods, never have - but someone had moved a load of stuff from my window sill and it really riled me. Been in a grump ever since - snapped at someone in the office, told a colleague in a meeting to be quiet and stop talking rubbish. Leading me to a new topic for the big thread, moods? What sets you off and gets you cross? :angry:

That sounds familiar; you're not pregnant, are you Gillian? ;)

Guest oa_exile

People who are not nice on the t'internet......Where exactly are you exiled to? Wherever it is, it isn't far enough away! ......

How very dare you ! :D

Have you noticed as well , i have three blue squares and "Paul Edwards" written.......How very dare they ! .......Admin , a word :angry:

Guest oa_exile
"Paul Warne! There's only four Paul Warne's!"

Only six to go and i will hit those dizzy hights of Paul Warne ;)

Got to laugh though somebody is on DABO ! , :censored:ing funny or what :D

Guest gillianfn
That sounds familiar; you're not pregnant, are you Gillian? ;)

Good Lord above Stephen, with children coming up 22 and 18, as if! (And if you go back to the original Big Thread you will note the traumatic time I had last year, the consequential surgery which means no more babies for Auntie Gillian - I'm so glad I had my children young) :love:

Lots of things pish me off / make me angry. I suspect I need to see someone for anger management ;) .

I also hate people who drive like they're in a bubble - complete oblivion (like people who come right up your rear-end when traffic comes to a stop, and then when you look, it's because they're on a hand-held mobile). Or people who don't thank you when you let them out at a junction. Or just generally people who think that driving up your arse is a safe way do get around town, and will make you speed up. Had this in High Crompton on the way to work the other day, and I slowed down and down and down (on a 30 mph road) from 40 mph to 17 mph until the guy 'learned' that when he fell back, I sped up. Or when people just can't park. My road rage is second to none .

I can't stand hypocritical, ignorant, or disrespectful people :annoyed: .

I hate coming home from work and having at least one piece of mail every single day that I need to do something with.

I detest people talking to me like I'm 12, because I look young for my age. Or presuming, when they do find out my age, that I should be married with kids and own a house :furious3:.

And I can't abide it when people in Customer Service have no idea what they're doing and so basically lie to you.

Oh, and I was very drunk off this morning - late for a meeting, got the de-icer out, did the sides and back of the car. Then ran out just in time for starting to defrost the windscreen, so had to sit with the blowers on hot for 15 minutes to melt the ice before I could leave home.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

And..............relaxxxxxxxxxxxxx. :daisy:

Turns out this new fangled MB can be used for cathartic ranting after all. Maybe I should direct my patients here :idea3: .

PS, I got the 00! Woohoo! :D

Oh, and I was very pissed off this morning - late for a meeting, got the de-icer out, did the sides and back of the car. Then ran out just in time for starting to defrost the windscreen, so had to sit with the blowers on hot for 15 minutes to melt the ice before I could leave home.

I'm sorry but this is so funny! :grin:

:behead:

Quality cheating IM/Mads. I fear this new board could well see twenty odd people racing for the next few.

Very rarely get drunk off meself (at the footie an exception).

Wonder which squad player I am? Fliping Dabo, superb.

Oh, and I was very drunk off this morning - late for a meeting, got the de-icer out, did the sides and back of the car. Then ran out just in time for starting to defrost the windscreen, so had to sit with the blowers on hot for 15 minutes to melt the ice before I could leave home.

Mads,kettle and hot water works every time in 30 seconds,alternatively don't brush your teeth then breathe on the windscreen has much the same effect ;)

Congrats on the 00,told you it was you.

Like Stevie i'm a chilled out chap but put me behind the wheel of a car and horns grow at other motorists taking an age to turn out of a street when i'm next in the queue and they turn down a gap you could pull a bus out into,or driving like a toilet brush in snow when there is no need because it's a dusting lighter than icing sugar.

That apart i don't do moods,oh hang on call centres that's another good one.

I've come to the conclusion that all big companies are in a giant conspiracy to keep us down by not answering phones for half an hour,then cutting you off whilst transferring you between departments.Keeping them staffed by lemmings who can only answer you by reading off a script and any deviation from said Fliping script renders them dumbstruck about how to proceed.If that fails as Dr Mads says they just lie there arses off to you.

It ain't isolated either easily 80% percent of the companies i've had dealings with in the last 12 months have had appalling customer service Orange,NTL,Parcelforce in the last month alone.

Orange took 4 months to not be able to connect me to the internet before i changed everything to NTL.Subsequently not been able to get the on demand feature for cable since NTL fitted it.First they told me it was a general fault which would be fixed by 15th January then they changed their minds and sent an engineer out.He came examined everything and told me it was a back office IT fault nothing he can fix but should be put right in 48 hours.5 days later still no on demand feature.

Arsewipses.

Like Stevie i'm a chilled out chap but put me behind the wheel of a car and horns grow at other motorists

Errrrrrrr, with that rant, you sound well-chilled!

Horns grow do they? I just get angry in the car, but hey, eahc to his own..... :D

Horns grow do they? I just get angry in the car, but hey, eahc to his own..... :D

:D i'm driving around most of the day every day so it's just behind the wheel i do have a habit of becoming a teensy bit intolerant at flat cap wearing twats,for they are nearly always the culprits,of a certain demographic.

If you smell vaguely of wee you are past the age when you are fit to drive a car. :angry:

Inspector, the Orange thing is the staff who were Wanadoo, were Freeserve. Orange mobiles, I've got nothing but praise for. I signed up with Wanadoo and understand your anger. That said, since I eventually got going Ive had no probs (touch wood).

Inspector, the Orange thing is the staff who were Wanadoo, were Freeserve. Orange mobiles, I've got nothing but praise for. I signed up with Wanadoo and understand your anger. That said, since I eventually got going Ive had no probs (touch wood).

Had an Orange mobile myself for years which has always been fine,signed up for free broadband as my contract was over £30 and had 4 months of hassle trying to get it set up.In the end i just said i wanted to cancel it.

Made 3 phone calls asking for a bag to return their equipment to them as they were threatening to charge me £100 for the box if i didn't.Needless to say none arrived and the live box is now stuck in a cupboard upstairs until such time as they remember they want it back.

The broadband service is still appearing on my monthly bill but with no charge due to my contract making it free.

Quality service indeed.

Had an Orange mobile myself for years which has always been fine,signed up for free broadband as my contract was over £30 and had 4 months of hassle trying to get it set up.In the end i just said i wanted to cancel it.

Made 3 phone calls asking for a bag to return their equipment to them as they were threatening to charge me £100 for the box if i didn't.Needless to say none arrived and the live box is now stuck in a cupboard upstairs until such time as they remember they want it back.

The broadband service is still appearing on my monthly bill but with no charge due to my contract making it free.

Quality service indeed.

Like I say I think it is the staff who were Wanadoo are running the show. My contract (broadband) is up for renewal in April and unless something else catches my eye, the Sky will be the limit. (see what I did there)

Mads,kettle and hot water works every time in 30 seconds,alternatively don't brush your teeth then breathe on the windscreen has much the same effect ;)

How strange.

I was commenting this morning to FMS whilst on the way to work how one no longer sees windscreen breaking hot water being poured over, well windscreens, anymore.

It is one of those things that I miss from being young, nowadays people are happy to put chemicals on icy windows and pollute the atmosphere with propellants (says the man who bought 20 tons of the bloody stuff today ;)). I miss plumes of rising steam in the morning and the odd expletive when the owner of the motorised thingy me bob realises the water was too hot.

Anyway, the pre interview interview went well. I never twigged that it was with the same woman that got me the interview at Caterpillar a few months back. I had only spoken to her in the past, so I got a bit more feedback from that one.

Surprisingly Caterpillar are still in touch with them about me. As the REAL big threaders know, I got some excellent feedback, I have found out tonight how good it was. They are still in touch because once a permanent vacancy comes into being they aren't going to interview, it is apparently just going to be offered to me.

I had a pretty :censored:ty second half to the year just gone, and to hear comments like 'He stood head and shoulders above the other two candidates, I just wish he could bloody drive' is bloody great. I have always said I would relocate for the right job, and given the choice between Caterpillar and the place in Cambridge (though it is a great opportunity) I would chose Cat every time. Of course it means I can stay in the NW too.

Only time will tell what happens though, I am being put forward for three vacancies next week. They want me to pare my CV down a little and put some numbers in. Anyone got any suggestions to which ones I should use?

As an aside I got to bollock a Belgian man this morning over the phone. I was chasing a delivery yesterday (after double checking I had sent the order) I found they forgot to put the order in their hauliers system. Last night dental cream production was stopped because of lack of materials and this morning mouthrinse stopped to. For Colgate this is a tragedy, thank god I sent that mail and got confirmation. Before leaving last night I let every man and his dog know that a supplier had let us down.

This morning I went to see the head of procurement for CP Europe and expected a bollocking. Not my fault I know, but new boy and all that.

I mumbled something along the lines of 'Sorry Tony, blah didn't turn up with yadda last night as they promised, I forwarded you the e mails I sent to them.'

He replied ' I have seen them Derek, not even anything for you to apologise about, I rang them last night and told them 8.30 am latest, find out if it is here for me.'

Needless to say it wasn't.

It was due in at 12.30 and arrived at 3.30pm. He was going ballistic and asked me to ring them, explain our displeasure (and tell them to expect a bill) then call him a Fliping hairy palmed fiddler. I wasn't remotely annoyed about it (as my arse was covered) but I did it anyway, it made me laugh. It made Leander and Cath laugh too, I don't think they have ever heard me swear before. That's unbelievable that I haven't uttered a swear word in there yet except under my breath!

Anyway, better get off to bed, got a 7.30 meeting tomorrow with another supplier who has let us down.

I'm proper important I am.

KtF,

Derek.

What sets you off and gets you cross? angry.gif

People who are too fecking lazy to switch lights, taps, anything off. Boffins invented something called the switch (Wikipedia it) which, as the name suggests, switches stuff on and, cunningly, off too. It's easy, doesn't take any real effort or time, and costs nowt to do.

AND IT DOES MY FECKING HEAD IN WHEN YA SEE PEOPLE JUST WALKING PAST EM WITHOUT SWITCHING EM OFF!!! :angry:

A bit tree-hugger, I know, but it does mi ed in.