• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess we'll leave it there. Easy typing here init!! Leave you all to your griping and no action.

What action can I take? The top isn't interested in change...

It is easy typing... Asking valid questions... And they have been ignored, even though as you say, typing is easy.... It shouldn't require more effort to be frank. Like I said the only cop out is your position.

Edited by oafc0000

I'm going to the open door forum at 6.30pm, simply because sometimes there is either too much/less info to trawl through on the www and a conversation/briefing is better for me

Well it's good to talk and all.

I don't know if there is going to be an agenda, briefing of what the trust is, the mission Ect before then q&a after.

I'm going to see if id like to get involved, help out, change the current apathy/rift etc.

I can see both sides of the above, no response to fans questions and if you want to change things then get involved.

However, is there room for change either from the trust or from fans? If both parties agree that there is then surely it's a starting point to build on.

of course, if there are any player share questions too, Barry, Rick from the trust and myself and possible Chris hill will be there on hand to answer them.

Edited by underdog

Is it really ?

Can you give me that single reason to go? I still can't think of one....

A successful Trust needs buy in one way or another. By not going it doesn't confirm that Barry or the Trust is wrong, it merely confirms a lack of buy in.

I cannot go as I already have something on which I cannot change unfortunately.

What action can I take? The top isn't interested in change.

I think this is where I am.

For the record, I can't make Monday so I'm out.

But I do think that change starts from within. I did attend a pre-meeting in July. There was talk of changing membership requirements with a view to opening up the appeal of the Trust. It will be interesting to hear from those who do attend on Monday if anything has progressed on this front.

For me communication is the key. Utilising social media including owtb and The Trust's own web site, regular Q&A sessions etc will help people understand the purpose of the Trust and the benefits it brings.

Without that communication it's inevitable that some will see it as a closed shop that now exists to keep Barry on the board.

Lags, I don't see how turning up arbitrarily at a meeting is any more valid than asking direct questions on here or face-to-face to Trust directors. If the only thing you've got in your locker is that the meeting is minuted then your argument is frankly laughable.

Lags, I don't see how turning up arbitrarily at a meeting is any more valid than asking direct questions on here or face-to-face to Trust directors. If the only thing you've got in your locker is that the meeting is minuted then your argument is frankly laughable.

agree in part but not questions on here under anonymous user names. If people have the bottle to put themselves up to be shot at then they at least deserve the respect of knowing who's doing the shooting.

Edited by Dave_Og

agree in part but not questions on here under anonymous user names. If people have the bottle to put themselves up to be shot at then they at least deserve the respect of knowing of knowing who's doing the shooting.

In which case, how should the many exiled fans engage the Trust? OWTB, Facebook, the Trust website seem to me perfectly good forums to field questions from fans and, to be honest, the Trust should be volunteering themselves to do such, not ignoring repeated pleas for answers.

No Zorro, the big point is, why spout on here how :censored:e the Trust is, as an unknown when you can go along in person. What is laughable the main critics shy away from their big chance to actually man up and go. If they then come back saying I told you so, They'll have my respect and ears in future.

I haven't seen one person on here put themselves forward to challenge Barry, not :censored:ing one!!

In which case, how should the many exiled fans engage the Trust? OWTB, Facebook, the Trust website seem to me perfectly good forums to field questions from fans and, to be honest, the Trust should be volunteering themselves to do such, not ignoring repeated pleas for answers.

Not suggesting that the trust does not need to communicate better but I don't think a messageboard is the place. When I was involved pre-trust days I was accused of being a prime driver of the race riots, told I was personally corrupt and was informed many times i was only in it for myself (and that's a euphemism). I don't see why anyone should put up with crap like that from keyboard warriors that go under made up names. It got to the stage where I was at games wondering who was who and whether any of the accusers would go further than a keyboard and it certainly played a role in my interest diminishing somewhat.

To the best of my knowledge I have never met anyone who is involved in the trust and I hem would not presume to speak for them but from postings on here that some of them have similar feelings.

Tbh it's putting me off all this apathy to actually want to get involved and maybe kick start a change in bridging the gap.

There are obviously issues around the trust, how it communicates, selects it's committee ect.

What can I change as a fan? Like a previous poster has said, do I stick my head above the parapet to open a world load of hurt by simply offering to help in one capacity or another.

I'll go tomorrow, I will listen to the trust representatives and hopefully gauge the reaction of the fans that are there and see if I need to invest in a bullet proof vest...well I am booked for a trip to Sevastopol in June so it could come in handy on two fronts.

It maybe a case of small changes/ small steps. what would be the one thing you as a fan would change. For me foremost would be the lack of response/communication. A clear line of communication is needed and a response time/turnaround be advertised...thanks for your enquiry. We will respond within two working days...ect.

What about you?

Edited by underdog

Not suggesting that the trust does not need to communicate better but I don't think a messageboard is the place. When I was involved pre-trust days I was accused of being a prime driver of the race riots, told I was personally corrupt and was informed many times i was only in it for myself (and that's a euphemism). I don't see why anyone should put up with crap like that from keyboard warriors that go under made up names. It got to the stage where I was at games wondering who was who and whether any of the accusers would go further than a keyboard and it certainly played a role in my interest diminishing somewhat.

To the best of my knowledge I have never met anyone who is involved in the trust and I hem would not presume to speak for them but from postings on here that some of them have similar feelings.

Dave, I am big enough to hold my hand up, that I in the past I did indeed once get the wrong end of a post you once posted during JKLatics days and replied to you in a manner you refer to above. I apologise for that.

I don't know you personally nor did I seek to speak with you in person so to make a judgement on a message board is clearly wrong. I am with you there. Just gets right on my nerves you had some of the main critics now shying away from attending with hollow excuses, Priceless

Edited by Lags

your right on this lags, it's easy to snipe at the person doing the job no one wants.

I'm thinking now it's more a jealous thing with Barry,s position for certain people on here

What position-chief bottle washer for 35 hours a week? Or the position he was intended to fulfil-represent the fans, purely and simply!

I'd go but I have to work Monday and can't travel.

I agree with Lags but I'm more charming than him. It's time to jump on board or drown in silence. There's a time for carping on t'internet and a time for a public meeting.

But not everybody is the type to go along and speak in front of a room full. Especially if it's likely to be confrontational.

Should those people not be allowed an opinion or a say?