• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with that if that's your desire. I really don't know why you've banged on and on about it in the past. I am sure you've had your reason but it's totally lost on me now with your apathy towards this Monday nights AGM

I have banged on about it because I thought the way the trust has been run for the past 10 years by Barry has been largely :censored:e...

Me going to a meeting to repeat everything I put on here isn't going to make any difference specially given the way Barry responded to it.... It's pretty simple really....

I also can't make it even if I wanted to... I have a young family who I would rather be with on Monday than pissing in the wind in Oldham....

Edited by oafc0000

After looking through the Trust haystack for a bright shiny new needle, I spotted this which may entice some curious potential new members to go along to the public meeting:

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/join-trust-oldham/joining-trust-oldham-become-easier/

Interesting.

As is the "40+ dating" banner advert above it. I'm fed up of the owtb Vietnamese girls!

I have banged on about it because I thought the way the trust has been run for the past 10 years by Barry has been largely :censored:e...

Me going to a meeting to repeat everything I put on here isn't going to make any difference specially given the way Barry responded to it.... It's pretty simple really....

I also can't make it even if I wanted to... I have a young family who I would rather be with on Monday than pissing in the wind in Oldham....

That is the whole point and the crux. It's no point banging on and on having a pop at Barry on here, it won't change a damn thing. The trust needs people within it to challenge it's practices and direction. If it's something you feel strongly about, go along, join and make the changes happen. Gather support from others within to force the changes......jesus that's all I have been saying!!!!!

After looking through the Trust haystack for a bright shiny new needle, I spotted this which may entice some curious potential new members to go along to the public meeting:

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/join-trust-oldham/joining-trust-oldham-become-easier/

In other words, we're going to make it easier for you to give us your money. We still won't tell you what we are going to do with it, though.

Well perhaps if people had just took it they way I said it, then it wouldn't have. Right this is what I said, all those that have been the trusts biggest critics just go down to the AGM, air your beef, join the the trust and make the changes you seek from within. Simple.

I guess it all depends when you limp from who's kick to the point of view you champion. Well that's been my experience here on OWTB. Your view is I've taken this thread away, I disagree but then I would wouldn't I?

To be fair Lags I thought that was pretty clear and entirely fair for those living locally. Why bother to kick up a fuss and enter into debates on here and then not back it up in person when the trust is providing an open forum for such discussions? For exiles it's clear this isn't a viable option and they need to have their voices heard as trust members but I think for some they want to just endlessly criticise without being accountable for their own position. If you feel so strongly about it, why not go and voice the opinion where you and those on the board of the trust can truly appreciate the level of support your ideas have? You have a much better chance of influencing some positive changes (some of which have been discussed on here) by actually going to the AGM and bringing them up directly in an official meeting of the trust. The attitude of the trust towards such changes if they have popular support may well be the defining factor in creating a movement and changing things for the better.

I feel for Barry and the other trust directors in some respects. Clearly there are issues with the trust as have been covered in the other thread but beyond the public relations own goals and willy waving they do at times reach out to people and try to hear their ideas and they seem keen for people to join the trust and attend the events such as the AGM so that opinions can be openly discussed. The non-democratic nature of the elections has been covered at length and needs to be reformed but in many ways to me it often looks like personal grievances, grudges and misconception are getting in the way of any progress.

In other words, we're going to make it easier for you to give us your money. We still won't tell you what we are going to do with it, though.

There are quite a few who feel like you do right here in this one thread. Gain support from each other, join the trust and force through the changes you want to see...good luck with that

That is the whole point and the crux. It's no point banging on and on having a pop at Barry on here, it won't change a damn thing. The trust needs people within it to challenge it's practices and direction. If it's something you feel strongly about, go along, join and make the changes happen. Gather support from others within to force the changes......jesus that's all I have been saying!!!!!

I haven't the tools to do it... With a family, work and being a school governor my time is maxed...

I guess in your world that means I should keep my opinions to myself... :)

Just so you don't get confused... I don't agree and I won't be keeping my opinions to myself :)

Edited by oafc0000

To be fair Lags I thought that was pretty clear and entirely fair for those living locally. Why bother to kick up a fuss and enter into debates on here and then not back it up in person when the trust is providing an open forum for such discussions? For exiles it's clear this isn't a viable option and they need to have their voices heard as trust members but I think for some they want to just endlessly criticise without being accountable for their own position. If you feel so strongly about it, why not go and voice the opinion where you and those on the board of the trust can truly appreciate the level of support your ideas have? You have a much better chance of influencing some positive changes (some of which have been discussed on here) by actually going to the AGM and bringing them up directly in an official meeting of the trust. The attitude of the trust towards such changes if they have popular support may well be the defining factor in creating a movement and changing things for the better.

I feel for Barry and the other trust directors in some respects. Clearly there are issues with the trust as have been covered in the other thread but beyond the public relations own goals and willy waving they do at times reach out to people and try to hear their ideas and they seem keen for people to join the trust and attend the events such as the AGM so that opinions can be openly discussed. The non-democratic nature of the elections has been covered at length and needs to be reformed but in many ways to me it often looks like personal grievances, grudges and misconception are getting in the way of any progress.

Entirely agree, I am on record stating in my opinion the trust rules need to change, especially the voting system I don't feel strongly enough about it to get involved. So all those who have been a critic of that (those trying to cause a row today) have choose to ignore that fact and deliberately avoid my real point. Being join, force the changes in a manner you'll be able to do that and lets see where you take the trust

I haven't the tools to do it... With a family, work and being a school governor my time is maxed...

I guess in your world that means I should keep my opinions to myself... :)

Just so you don't get confused... I don't agree and I won't be keeping my opinions to myself :)

Where have I said you're opinions don't count.....I've said you have been one of the beings attackers of Barry and the trust, Yet now here is your chance and you just step back. I take on board you have a busy life, don't we all. Then maybe band together with like minded members, choose someone to lead it and all throw your weight behind that person. More ways to skin a cat. Now you'll find I haven't attacked you, so don't reply in that vein

Where have I said you're opinions don't count.....I've said you have been one of the beings attackers of Barry and the trust, Yet now here is your chance and you just step back. I take on board you have a busy life, don't we all. Then maybe band together with like minded members, choose someone to lead it and all throw your weight behind that person. More ways to skin a cat. Now you'll find I haven't attacked you, so don't reply in that vein

I have said the trust is being run poorly... I haven't attacked Barry, I have criticised his leadership and opinions... I have suggested ways to improve the trust... Quite along and detailed thread... I can't really do much more.

You have suggested quite heavily through out this thread that if your not prepared to go to the AGM and throw your bollocks in peoples faces then your opinion is bogus.

But you are presuming I have the intelligence to use these apps, well I don't. I may use a computer at work but all this other tech stuff is whoosh over my head.....bring back tape recorders when you had to press record and play at the same time like when you use to tape the top 40 off your radio and to try and pause when the advert comes on.heheh

Yes that old and set in my ways.....

I will use ye old paper and pen.....not unless someone else tells me they are recording it and save my arthritic fingers...heheh

But thanks for letting me know there are items of technology out there that can be manipulated.

Its a piece of cake underdog, all that needs to be done is for an app such as 'Easy Voice Recorder' to be downloaded to a smartphone or tablet then once connected record and stop just like a tape recorder, if a recording of a meeting is made the audience should be informed though.

Edited by BP1960

I have said the trust is being run poorly... I haven't attacked Barry, I have criticised his leadership and opinions... I have suggested ways to improve the trust... Quite along and detailed thread... I can't really do much more.

You have suggested quite heavily through out this thread that if your not prepared to go to the AGM and throw your bollocks in peoples faces then your opinion is bogus.

Oh :censored: off

Well Lags with his non stop pettiness has finished me off, what a waste of a thread, Good job I was working today so got paid by a n other whilst I bobbed in and out to see what points people thought important for the Trust to be aware of, which has quite frankly been a waste of time!

Well Lags with his non stop pettiness has finished me off, what a waste of a thread, Good job I was working today so got paid by a n other whilst I bobbed in and out to see what points people thought important for the Trust to be aware of, which has quite frankly been a waste of time!

Your opinion, I wont lose sleep