• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mither, The valuable work will continue by the committee, they are hard working people for that cause.

You clearly have the desire to better player share, you've proven that in the past. I hope that this thread hasn't contributed to your decision. Sometimes it's easier to ignore people.

You clearly have the desire to better player share, you've proven that in the past. I hope that this thread hasn't contributed to your decision. Sometimes it's easier to ignore people.

Just to protect it. I know how this board works and it would at some stage in the future be used in a negative spin, No one bothers me on here.

Lags is very much and black and white guy, you either do or you don't, you stand up and be counted or you don't.

He's actually NOT pro trust but is offering the direct route of put up and shut up.

I'm not saying this is right as this and the other various threads on the go are showing, there are other fans on here that can't attend but would like a voice, or don't feel they can stand up but would like to listen or be able to type a question to the trust to be read out.

Maybe it's frustration, maybe it's a change we need but collectively how do we do this?

Maybe I am naive and think that going tomorrow and listening to what the trust have to say and from their recent appeal for help that maybe I could contribute. It might be for me, just dish out some leaflets at matches or representing the trust in the stand I'm in, I might not be able to answer question but I could at least log them and feed them on.

If anything three threads and non response to trust questions above proves that there is a need to change things for the better surely?

Its a piece of cake underdog, all that needs to be done is for an app such as 'Easy Voice Recorder' to be downloaded to a smartphone or tablet then once connected record and stop just like a tape recorder, if a recording of a meeting is made the audience should be informed though.

Errmmmmmm, sooooooo what you doing tomorrow night? I'll bring my iPad and my iPhone thingy, say 6.30pm at the sponsors lounge?

Lags is very much and black and white guy, you either do or you don't, you stand up and be counted or you don't.

He's actually NOT pro trust but is offering the direct route of put up and shut up.

I'm not saying this is right as this and the other various threads on the go are showing, there are other fans on here that can't attend but would like a voice, or don't feel they can stand up but would like to listen or be able to type a question to the trust to be read out.

Maybe it's frustration, maybe it's a change we need but collectively how do we do this?

Maybe I am naive and think that going tomorrow and listening to what the trust have to say and from their recent appeal for help that maybe I could contribute. It might be for me, just dish out some leaflets at matches or representing the trust in the stand I'm in, I might not be able to answer question but I could at least log them and feed them on.

If anything three threads and non response to trust questions above proves that there is a need to change things for the better surely?

Indeed, how many people does it need to change the Trust? I just don't think it would take that many. Not the most inspiring message tonight, give up, if it's too hard don't bother, you can't change a thing.

Just spotted this on the Trust facebook site:

On Monday 14th April from 6:30pm till 7:15pm Trust Oldham will be holding an open doors meeting for all fans. The meeting will be held in the O2 Business Suite at Boundary Park

At this meeting the Trust will explain what involvement the Trust has with the club, answer questions about where the Trust sees itself going forward.

Due to recent Media reports and comments made by Simon Corney the Club Chairman. Trust Oldham will also try to answer questions from fans regarding what plans are in place if Mr Simon Corney does resign!

Errmmmmmm, sooooooo what you doing tomorrow night? I'll bring my iPad and my iPhone thingy, say 6.30pm at the sponsors lounge?

My Easy Voice Recorder app is Android on a Samsung, I don't think its available for free on iOS..

You could try downloading this similar free app and test it out in advance;

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/voice-record-pro/id546983235?mt=8

We have our residents committee meeting tomorrow too, if it finishes early I might be able to make it, if not and you have difficulty just ask one of your tech guys to set the volume level and make a test recording or two before going live.

Personally, I'd use the app as an aid for small meetings rather than big meetings as too many voices speaking at the same time may just add to the confusion.

Another free app worth checking out is;

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/voice-recorder-free/id685310398?mt=8

Edited by BP1960

Can everyone just cal..

Look. It's a bit like being a trade union member. You never always get what you want. You have a bigger say if you're a member. You are of little interest to anyone if you're not. More numbers means more shared interests. Dialogue breeds results. Members of themselves do not answer for the Comittee (in this case the trust board). Members can elect or suggest co-option to the Committee. And so on.

I agree with Lags, bit I'm less charming. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you're time's maxed out and you have FIVE kids to feed...no one will take the strain if it means taking :censored: from you, so back off.

It's a bit like being a trade union member. You never always get what you want. You have a bigger say if you're a member. You are of little interest to anyone if you're not.

I couldn't see you when you were typing this - your curtains were drawn and the community gates were firmly shut - but I do hope you had a wry smile on your face and your tongue wedged firmly in your cheek.

I'm not asking you to not go anywhere except not near me. I have no wish to speak to you or for you to speak to me. It's pretty clear that you have made a veiled threat, and you haven't denied that. I'm not stupid and can see through what you posted.

You know who I am. You have a good idea of the sort of person i am. I'm not some hard case, as you fully know.

On the one hand I don't want to bend in the face of a threat like this, on the other, I don't know whether you or someone you know might act on it, at home or away.

I don't understand why you'd want to approach me, but given this statement from you I can only assume, with the lack of any withdrawal of the threat, that you don't have good intentions.

So, once again. Stay away from me, you are not welcome to approach me.

I'm out of the debate as I don't think it's worth it. You can take your view forward and engage with others who agree or disagree with you.

Signing off.

Look Nigel, once again, what threat? You're in no danger from me, not until you did me harm and I very much doubt anyone else would wish to harm you either.

Maybe it's just me, maybe it's not, but it's you're style of writing that gets right under my skin, You belittle people to form your argument, Take this thread for example, never once have I said I am pro trust, never once have I said I agree with the system that keeps Barry in the chair, yet you implied I agreed with idiotic methods, which by association you've tried to imply am an idiot. Well nigel, here's the deal, you do that to people the reply back in kind.

Also to further your view you've implied Rick Attwood would not give you any answer's, oddly his account is far from that.

Right now that's dealt with, here was my point from getting involved with this thread. Yourself and Mr Zero have been two of the most vociferous poster's on the trust subject and here tonight is your big stage. The correct stage to air your concerns and what do the pair of you do.....go? no you've both made your excuses why your not!!!

Now what I have suggested is that you join the trust, go along to the meeting and make the changes from within. Can you deal with that point now instead of the usual bluster.

To be honest with you Nigel, I've spent time in your company before and found it no mither, just where this new attitude Nigel came from I really don't know. Now youre a clever lad, of that I have no doubt. I am equally sure you could debate your view and possibly win some without the need to belittle.

but it's you're style of writing that gets right under my skin, You belittle people to form your argument,

You might want to take a step back and look at your own writing here before putting that at someone' else's door... Now I will ":censored: off"...

Edited by oafc0000

Right now that's dealt with, here was my point from getting involved with this thread. Yourself and Mr Zero have been two of the most vociferous poster's on the trust subject and here tonight is your big stage. The correct stage to air your concerns and what do the pair of you do.....go? no you've both made your excuses why your not!!!

Well... I have given you reasons... They aren't really excuses....

Its like asking me to attend the Tory conference as a Labour man to create change in the Country :) :censored:ing mindless suggestion would be another way of putting it :)

Now what I have suggested is that you join the trust, go along to the meeting and make the changes from within. Can you deal with that point now instead of the usual bluster.

Hand over money to an organisation you fundamentally have a disagreement with. An interesting proposal.... Wacky... but interesting :)

I think we have dealt with it but you are not listening...

Edited by oafc0000

I used to have big arguments with Real regarding the Trust. He was very much in a position of defending the trust and giving them a chance. Its only very recently he has come to the other side of the argument. It didn't happen overnight and its only shown me I had a point all along that someone as intelligent and hard to convince as Real has changed his opinion. I don't think he changed his mind lightly.

I don't think he has been belittling. I think he has just asked hard questions and made strong points. Points the other side haven't / can't answer it would seem.

I think the suggestion that me and Real are the biggest complainers is doing a disservice to many others on here who are deeply unhappy as well.

Edited by oafc0000

Its like asking me to attend the Tory conference as a Labour man to create change in the Country :) :censored:ing mindless suggestion would be another way of putting it :)

No its not Zeros, the Tory party is an established, robust organisation and the members have a great say, If a Labour supporter wanted to change the Tory party it would have to get the members onside.

As for handing money over to the organisation, it's £5 not £5000.... and like the Lottery, you've got to be in it to win it.

And on that note, i'm going to do just that.

Edited by jimsleftfoot