• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to the meeting, join up and change from within. Simple. When ever you want me to man up, just say so.

I thought it was pretty clear exactly how and why I'd asked you to man up.

I don't know what you're getting at here. Perhaps you'd care to explain exactly what you mean,

I have tried to engage with Barry in written form via this forum to no avail......

I will be attending the meeting to see if he will answer my questions face to face so to speak.

I fully expect that I (and others attending) will be told that most questions are unable to be answered at that time, hopefully they will confirm that the pre meeting for non members will also be minuted and any questions asked that were not answered will be within an agreed timescale.

Tbh I am not expecting a great deal despite the fact I will be making a 2 hour round trip to 'man up' as some say on here.

Fully expecting a load of measuring of cocks and heads butting hope I'm proved wrong

Calm down folks. Whether it's on here or at a meeting we should accept that we won't all agree

That is very true. However why bleat on here and now back away from the big stage? I am on record saying the voting system for the chair in my opinion is wrong, it should be one member one vote. It is also plain to see that the admin side is a shambles, but it's a shambles due to not many helping out. Barry this Barry that, he doesn't do this and he doesn't do that. Just join and change it.

Too may just talk and don't do. Now the meeting is Monday and the excuses for not going are out there. I am sure some can not go due to distance etc. yet I'll blown if the local big critics can't!

That's me finished on the subject.

I thought it was pretty clear exactly how and why I'd asked you to man up.

I don't know what you're getting at here. Perhaps you'd care to explain exactly what you mean,

not clear to me, you come out with something about which elections I was gonna be standing in. None that I know of.

I guess you was being smart?

What like WardleLatic and Sheridan's world?

I've been called a rude name by one of those users on here, for merely pointing out his inability to do maths, (or his misunderstanding of either what is funny or the word nominal). Co-incidentally a few weeks later this http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/82525/trust-director-on-fraud-charges became public knowledge. Funny that.

sorry. No idea who you or any of the two posters mentioned are or what you are referring to.

Real's done the face-to-face meet with Rick and got no answers. He wrote an explanatory post about it yesterday, which you dismissed.

Also, why would anyone's point have more credence simply because it was presented in person? It's a lazy argument. Similar to the one you allude to in your last sentence. Do all the people who feel the Prime Minister is doing a bad job have what it takes to run the country? No, but some people will have valid points that could/should be taken on board.

As it stands I'm indifferent to the current Trust situation. I have no strong feelings either way, but if I did I couldn't do a thing about them as I live a couple of hundred miles away. If I did have some valid feedback, apparently it would be worthless, as I couldn't give it in person. That's simply the wrong way of looking at it.

That's a good point Zorro,

I am not the worlds greatest note taker, and I don't know if the notes taken on behalf of the trust will be documented and publicised in some format.

Tbh I was hoping to concentrate on the meeting but if I get chance to and if it's not raised, I will see if I can get a response for you

If I take brief notes will this help? Note to me write a disclaimer to say I might have taken this down wrong.

As the secretary of a local residents association I have discovered smartphone and tablets now have very good voice recording apps, notes should still be taken at meetings, but using a recording device in addition can help if anything has been missed or needs clarifying before producing the minutes.

sorry. No idea who you or any of the two posters mentioned are or what you are referring to.

Is that because they are hiding behind anonymous usernames? Yes. They are members of the trust board and directors of the new trust company.

Can't have cake and eat it.

As to the other thing http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/43227-i-will-donate-to-playershare-if/?p=648553

tomorrow could be big for the trust.

If it turns out the many questions don't get answered then I can only see the trust as past its life.

if the trust is only for the select few then again it will be past it's life.

Then the only other option would be if other latics fans can get together and start a new trust.

As the secretary of a local residents association I have discovered smartphone and tablets now have very good voice recording apps, notes should still be taken at meetings, but using a recording device in addition can help if anything has been missed or needs clarifying before producing the minutes.

But you are presuming I have the intelligence to use these apps, well I don't. I may use a computer at work but all this other tech stuff is whoosh over my head.....bring back tape recorders when you had to press record and play at the same time like when you use to tape the top 40 off your radio and to try and pause when the advert comes on.heheh

Yes that old and set in my ways.....

I will use ye old paper and pen.....not unless someone else tells me they are recording it and save my arthritic fingers...heheh

But thanks for letting me know there are items of technology out there that can be manipulated.

Is that because they are hiding behind anonymous usernames? Yes. They are members of the trust board and directors of the new trust company.

Can't have cake and eat it.

As to the other thing http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/43227-i-will-donate-to-playershare-if/?p=648553

One to add to your signature:

Life is too short to hold a grudge, also too long. ~Robert Brault

Right, that's me out of the discussion. I'm not taking veiled threats from someone who knows exactly who I am and has met/seen me a number of times.

I guess the intimidation has worked.

Craig - if you see me at a game or anywhere else, stay the :censored: away from me.

Threats, behave ya self. it seems youre the one threatening. I shall walk and go exactly where I like

Well, that went exactly how I predicted.

And you're only to happy to stoke the fire too Rummy, Why god only knows. Always trying to belittle people, well I've news for you, it puts peoples back up.

I not once backed the trust in saying it's run right or the lack of communication is OK ever. So why anyone wants to use that I think it's ok to agree with idiotic method's is beyond me. Surely I am the last one to run that against. My point is quite simple, all those that have been so anti trust on here get yourself along Monday. Put your head on the line, make the changes you desire and let the rest of us judge your job. Who knows you might even get it right and have 75% plus fan backing.

And you're only to happy to stoke the fire too Rummy, Why god only knows. Always trying to belittle people, well I've news for you, it puts peoples back up.

I not once backed the trust in saying it's run right or the lack of communication is OK ever. So why anyone wants to use that I think it's ok to agree with idiotic method's is beyond me. Surely I am the last one to run that against. My point is quite simple, all those that have been so anti trust on here get yourself along Monday. Put your head on the line, make the changes you desire and let the rest of us judge your job. Who knows you might even get it right and have 75% plus fan backing.

Well Lags you seem to have taken this thread away from any direction that could have perhaps been positive or led to any constructive discussion of the Trust and any possible improvement thereto!

All this talk about having bollocks, manning up, meetng face to face.... It's clear it's just one big testosterone filled event that isn't going to end well for anyone rocking the board :P

It's all very aggressive lol

I think it's clear that the next Trust AGM needs to take place in Gillingham.

Well Lags you seem to have taken this thread away from any direction that could have perhaps been positive or led to any constructive discussion of the Trust and any possible improvement thereto!

Well perhaps if people had just took it they way I said it, then it wouldn't have. Right this is what I said, all those that have been the trusts biggest critics just go down to the AGM, air your beef, join the the trust and make the changes you seek from within. Simple.

I guess it all depends when you limp from who's kick to the point of view you champion. Well that's been my experience here on OWTB. Your view is I've taken this thread away, I disagree but then I would wouldn't I?

Still doing my hair that night....

Nothing wrong with that if that's your desire. I really don't know why you've banged on and on about it in the past. I am sure you've had your reason but it's totally lost on me now with your apathy towards this Monday nights AGM