Meanwhile its Day 6 of t'plan at t'bigger club

I've never felt comfortable with the greedy bastard chants, even with Porter. Changing jobs for more money is just a normal fact of life, I'm sure we've all done it. If I was a player and fans were chanting "one greedy bastard" at me I'd just shrug my shoulders and think "you'd do the same".

Most returning players/managers ought to be met with indifference or applause.

Is it not just where they've apparently given assurances to the club that they won't do something (Porter) or where they've given every impression that they're in it for a long term "project" whilst apparently applying for any job going (Johnson) that some more targeted chants are appropriate?

We should have a bit of class and show respect to all former staff who have given good service.

Happy to make an exception for weasel Johnson though.

The 'We don't care about Johnson.....All we care about is OAFC' chant was sung passionately at Vale - it will sound amazing, and surely lift the players, if everyone joins in.

The 'We don't care about Johnson.....All we care about is OAFC' chant was sung passionately at Vale - it will sound amazing, and surely lift the players, if everyone joins in.

I'm not sure singing about Johnson is the best way to show indifference to him...

However it's still good. It'd make a good regular chant with some modification though, omitting the Johnson reference.

Off the top of my head: "We don't care about glory, we don't care about fame..." :getmecoat:

It's an FC United song though...

No it's not. If FC United are singing about only caring about OAFC they really have got isues.

I don't understand this view that a club should only sing songs to a tune that no other club uses. I like it when there is a good variety of chants and as Diego said, this sounded good on Tuesday. We have our atnthem with Oh When The Blues (which was nicked from Sheff Utd), there's no harm in also having some songs that have been adapted from elsewhere. It is very rare that a genuine 'new' song appears.

And before anyone questions whether OWTB is an anthem, my definition is that if you heard it being sung in the distance and you didn't know who by I think most people's first thought would be that it was Oldham fans.

I'm not sure singing about Johnson is the best way to show indifference to him...

However it's still good. It'd make a good regular chant with some modification though, omitting the Johnson reference.

Off the top of my head: "We don't care about glory, we don't care about fame..." :getmecoat:

It's not about Johnson, it's about not caring about Johnson, which is showing indifference and pointing out that the Club is what matters.

Wherever it originated, you can be sure no other club's fans sing "all we care about is OAFC".

There will be some staunch Ossett Albion fans who disagree with you, Diego.

Or the Ontario Association of Fire Chiefs, who used to be weirdly high up on a OAFC Google search.

And before anyone questions whether OWTB is an anthem, my definition is that if you heard it being sung in the distance and you didn't know who by I think most people's first thought would be that it was Oldham fans.

I'm going to test this theory.

There will be some staunch Ossett Albion fans who disagree with you, Diego.

Or the Ontario Association of Fire Chiefs, who used to be weirdly high up on a OAFC Google search.

I have always had a soft spot for the Old Amplefordians Football Club, who play at Chiswick