Thanks for the goals Forte

Had it on very good authority the club will not be exercising the option to extend the contract on Jonathan Forte......

Also Big George will not be retained also.....

I think the majority of fans will be suprised at the retained list...

Lets just say this the new manager is making his mark early.....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had it on very good authority the club will not be exercising the option to extend the contract on Jonathan Forte......

I've heard the same about Elokobi.

Goal scoring I totally agree but if he is on £2k a week, cant play 2 games in a week and when his knee flairs up he is out for a month its not sustainable.

Also bad for squad moral, one of the highest earners not playing every game/ 2 games a week

It makes complete sense to get rid of George. He had two, separate lengthy spells out last year, we can't afford that. He's a hoofer, and no better a defender than Kusunga, and probably on a decent wage.

I'd be tempted to keep Forte, unless we feel his knee has deteriorated to the point where he's not worth the risk. Kelly wanted pacey wingers, and they don't come much quicker than Forte, plus his goals, it'd take a real coup to improve on him.

Is that the same Simon Corney that said we had the best set applicants ever then appointed the under 9s coach

The same Corney who tended his resignation to the Oldham Chron to quickly refute it

I would check the grass outside is green even if he told me so....

Edited by Postman Matt

As I've said on here before it was felt he'd have to look at retirement at the end of this season. Not worth the risk but i understood a pay as play offer was going to him. Perhaps he said no.

Edited by Clifford

Is that the same Simon Corney that said we had the best set applicants ever then appointed the under 9s coach

The same Corney who tended his resignation to the Oldham Chron to quickly refute it

I would check the grass outside is green even if he told me so....

Oh the irony....

It depends on how seriously he is injured but in my opinion it will be a big loss to let Forte go. I hope that your 'authority' is reliable as if not I will be the first to give you grief if this turns out to be a false rumour!

I said at the start of the season Forte has only ever been good in short burst during his career and to sustain it over a full season would go against the pattern. It turned out to be right. Despite that , those 16 goals were massive for us, and I think it's a mistake to let him go. It's very very unlikely we'll find a better winger than him.

Elokobi I'm not as bothered about. Big wage, average season. He is replaceable. 6th most conceded in the league - apart from one good run of clean sheets we were porous. If James Wilson wanted to go I'd let him too for a small fee.