David Dunn post match interview

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

says we were crap in the first half but much better in the 2nd

As daft as it sounds, I could accept this moreso if we were crap in different ways but when we're exactly the same brand of crap in every first half of every game it can't be coincidence.

He's either taking the piss suggesting he isn't sending them out to do this, they've got zero respect for him and aren't listening or he can't explain what he wants from them well enough....

I don't know which of the 3 bodes least well.....

Edited by HarryBosch

I think the minimum he's going to get is the January transfer window.

But by then, Cassidy and Forte should be back; and maybe he'll have acted accordingly and worked out a home formation that doesn't involve just 1 up top.

Definitely - Dunn will be given till at least end of Jan. Probably the rest of the season in truth.

Edited by aaronoafc

As daft as it sounds, I could accept this moreso if we were crap in different ways but when we're exactly the same brand of crap in every first half of every game it can't be coincidence.

He's either taking the piss suggesting he isn't sending them out to do this, they've got zero respect for him and aren't listening or he can't explain what he wants from them well enough....

I don't know which of the 3 bodes least well.....

His comments last week were that we were going at them right from the off. I dont know how playing two defensive midfielders at home shows this? Or playing Poleon up top on his own, hes not clever enough to do that.

His comments last week were that we were going at them right from the off. I dont know how playing two defensive midfielders at home shows this? Or playing Poleon up top on his own, hes not clever enough to do that.

Dieng starting in CDM pissed me off more than going 1 up top. Kelly can do that job on his own and has done the past couple of games.

The game completely bypasses him in CDM (he's good at RB and CB though).

He struggled to get involved against a mediocre league 2 side in the middle of the park so I don't know why Dunn wanted to try it against League 1 opposition.

Unfortunately against Southend I can see the same tactics just with Fulton being used instead.

Dieng starting in CDM pissed me off more than going 1 up top. Kelly can do that job on his own and has done the past couple of games.

The game completely bypasses him in CDM (he's good at RB and CB though).

He struggled to get involved against a mediocre league 2 side in the middle of the park so I don't know why Dunn wanted to try it against League 1 opposition.

Unfortunately against Southend I can see the same tactics just with Fulton being used instead.

Think you are right Kelly and Fulton will be set up as holding midfielders with the others 30 yards in front, if so same result as usual IMO.

It's not that he's not clever enough,he just has zero support and terrible balls in to him, or more accurately nowhere near him. We basically played a square formation with Kelly and dieng adding to the defence, yeates and Philly sort of out wide, poleon up top all lonely and rasulo May as well have not been there for what his touch was worth he just laid it off for them each time

He stuck with the team that won the Mansfield game (except the obvious inclusion of Dummigan) and changed it when it wasn't working. Whether he was right or wrong with is starting line up is up for debate but it's hardly a crime or a surprise he went the way he did.

From today's Chron...

But with the on-loan Swansea man not playing in either of those outings — he was away with Scotland’s under-21s the night before the game at the Proact Stadium and reluctant to become cup-tied for the Stags replay — Dunn felt it was fair to keep faith with Timothee Dieng in his role alongside skipper Liam Kelly.

“Jay was very good when he came on. We know what a good player he is — but unfortunately, he has not played in the last two when we have won,” said Dunn.

“Of course, he was disappointed not to play against Barnsley, but he understood fully.

“It is food for thought, isn’t it?

“We are trying to get a culture at this football club where we reward people who are doing well.

“Off the back of two wins, if I had made any changes that I would have felt were harsh on people, what message does that send?

“It is easy in hindsight to look back and say I should have put certain players back in.”

Edited by nzlatic

Definitely - Dunn will be given till at least end of Jan. Probably the rest of the season in truth.

Almost certaintly. The trouble is we could be really in the mire by then.

And we have no real wriggle room if we are in that position.

We just have to hope that a turn round in fortunes is imminent.

I'm not as concerned about the midfield choices on Saturday - it was more the choice uptop - how many times is poleon going to be dumped up there on his own and be expected to occupy two big bas***ds? I don't think it's in him - the ball didn't and won't stick hence the midfield getting swamped.

for all higdon's faults at least he can do that particular job - leaving poleon to use his pace effectively..

From the Chron.....

We pride ourselves on being hard to beat, winning individual battles all over the pitch and dominating teams. We didnt do that and it was no surprise we went 1-0 down.

When have we Dunn any of that this season at home?