David Dunn post match interview

We did in the 2nd half on Saturday.

I know, but I still have a feeling he will accompany Kelly in our own half as per Dieng, yet again starting slowly and handing the initiative to the opposition. He needs to be told to attack the opposition from the off, not sit deep.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but I still have a feeling he will accompany Kelly in our own half as per Dieng, yet again starting slowly and handing the initiative to the opposition. He needs to be told to attack the opposition from the off, not sit deep.

So if we are 2 nil down after 20 minutes because we've been done on the break there will be no complaints from you?

So if we are 2 nil down after 20 minutes because we've been done on the break there will be no complaints from you?

In the same sense though we could be 2-0 by 20mins if we are at it from the off attacking teams.

The way are playing and have played all season has not worked. Bury away and walsall away where we attacked we looked a decent side.

Tbis devensive set up is seeing us concede most games and then leaving us to score 2 to win the game.

In the same sense though we could be 2-0 by 20mins if we are at it from the off attacking teams.

The way are playing and have played all season has not worked. Bury away and walsall away where we attacked we looked a decent side.

Tbis devensive set up is seeing us concede most games and then leaving us to score 2 to win the game.

Unfortunately we don't have the personnel to play the kind of expansive attacking football desired by the supporters.

Pace on the wings? No.

Gifted technical players? Nope.

Running power in midfield? Nope.

Potent strikeforce? No.

Glad your'e not the manager telling the players before the game we might go 2-0 down after 20 minutes if we attack, sit deep lads you never know our luck is it?

Edited by BP1960

Unfortunately we don't have the personnel to play the kind of expansive attacking football desired by the supporters.

Pace on the wings? No.

Gifted technical players? Nope.

Running power in midfield? Nope.

Potent strikeforce? No.

Its league one though most teams dont have that.

Wallsall Burton and Gillingham have no better squad than ours.

I doubt very much they are all in the top six playing defensive football.

Its league one though most teams dont have that.

Wallsall Burton and Gillingham have no better squad than ours.

I doubt very much they are all in the top six playing defensive football.

You'll find that they tick most of the boxes, Burton a bit different as they are more of a counter attacking side.

You'll probably also find that they've used a lot less players than us so far.

Is this another one from the "we better not sign him he might get injured" envelope?

BP's original quote was "He needs to be told to attack the opposition from the off, not sit deep"

I was asking is defeat acceptable as long as you doing it in style? And should we not therefore also be adopting the same all out attacking mentality away from home?

BP's original quote was "He needs to be told to attack the opposition from the off, not sit deep"

I was asking is defeat acceptable as long as you doing it in style? And should we not therefore also be adopting the same all out attacking mentality away from home?

Dunn himself said we'd be attacking Barnsley from the off.

We didn't.

Barring a Southampton few home defeats in the league are "acceptable".

But, if Barnsley had beaten us 2-1 in an entertaining match where we'd had a right go at them I'd have come away encouraged and looking forward to us hopefully getting it right against Southend or Crewe.

Defeat certainly isn't acceptable when we're setting up first and foremost not to lose but do lose anyway. And get bored :censored:less in the process.

But why does attacking equate going 2-0 down in the first 20 minutes or defeat? I'm not saying all the lot should bomb forward, I'd still have one holding midfielder/ball winner in the team, but not two. Fulton has the capabilities of driving forward at defenders, take the shackles off him and let him do it,

Edited by BP1960

But why does attacking equate going 2-0 down in the first 20 minutes or defeat, I'm not saying all the lot should bomb forward, I'd still have one holding midfielder in the team, but not two.

It doesn't, equally throwing a load of players forward is no guarantee of victory (different levels but look at City on Saturday)

Not pretending this season has been anything than :censored: but this way of playing isn't new, it's been like this for years.

But why does attacking equate going 2-0 down in the first 20 minutes or defeat? I'm not saying all the lot should bomb forward, I'd still have one holding midfielder/ball winner in the team, but not two. Fulton has the capabilities of driving forward at defenders, take the shackles off him and let him do it,

I agree. But I'd still have two holders. Fulton looked effective in that role on Saturday and with a license to get forward. He has zero interest in a tackle mind.

But, if Barnsley had beaten us 2-1 in an entertaining match where we'd had a right go at them I'd have come away encouraged and looking forward to us hopefully getting it right against Southend or Crewe.

You've just described the 2nd half though Harry. Well it sounds like it to me anyway.

In fact the freekick that led to their winner came from a counter attack because we had too many men committed forward looking for the win.

The first half was very poor, granted. But it seems like the very thing you're asking for actually happened in the second half yet it's not counted for some reason.

You've just described the 2nd half though Harry. Well it sounds like it to me anyway.

In fact the freekick that led to their winner came from a counter attack because we had too many men committed forward looking for the win.

The first half was very poor, granted. But it seems like the very thing you're asking for actually happened in the second half yet it's not counted for some reason.

Kelly didn't need to go forward, his role is the holding midfielder, we also send up both centre backs for set plays, they win nothing, hence we get often caught on the break.

Edited by BP1960

Why wasn't Fuller brought on or even start? He's quicker than Higden, more nouse than Poleon and more experience at a higher level. Are we just getting him fit for another club in January?

The fact he doesn't want to be cup tied suggests he won't be here.