On 03/08/2017 at 3:56 PM, boundaryblue80 said:

I've held off trying to sort this out until today. I tried to log in to Ifollow using Safari on my iphone when I was holiday to listen the Accy game but gave up after a few minutes. Was saying it didn't recognise my details.

Roll forward to today...downloaded the app on my iPhone, logged in no problem and the subscription says "Monthly Pass UK" with a last billed date and a next bill date. Clicked to listen Shez's interview today and played no problem. Seems the migration has been done for me but took a while. Not sure what I'll get for the monthly pass...if it's commentary and highlights like with Latics Player then I'm happy. As long as it works and doesn't habitually cut out.

I would add, the app does keep self-quitting every now and then but I am on the unreleased IOS 11 iphone software using a beta version I downloaded. That could be the reason why it is having some issues...or it just could be a little buggy anyway on all platforms. These Apps usually are for a bit until they iron them out with updates.

For those who were on Latics Player paying monthly and just want commentary for the away games they don’t get to...

My monthly £5/mth subscription worked perfectly fine today. A bit behind timewise (as always) and I was at the game so can expect a minute or so delay but otherwise it was faultless. Except the result ?

11 minutes into the second half and it started streaming; for two minutes. Then it buffered for two then streamed for two until the end of the game.

Nothing at all on the commentary except for the half time music!

"I will sit right down waiting for the gift of sound and vision"

16 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

11 minutes into the second half and it started streaming; for two minutes. Then it buffered for two then streamed for two until the end of the game.

Nothing at all on the commentary except for the half time music!

"I will sit right down waiting for the gift of sound and vision"

It's all these guys from England stealing the bandwidth via VPN that is spoiling it for us foreign gits :tongue1:

But it's no wonder the first game crowd was poor if so many Englishmen were at home streaming this game. Lock em up I say :jailed:

:lol:

5 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

It's all these guys from England stealing the bandwidth via VPN that is spoiling it for us foreign gits :tongue1:

But it's no wonder the first game crowd was poor if so many Englishmen were at home streaming this game. Lock em up I say :jailed:

:lol:

Don't lock them up, they will send them over here. We will have even less bandwidth!!

#BANDWITHBANDITS

1 hour ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

wonder how many were watching via iFollow any stats?

Well for 34,minutes, me!

So at least 1. Well 1.5 if you include Stagger Lee. But he is a misguided deluded New South Welshman so he only counts as half. Actually as I only got 34 minutes, it's technically less than 1.

Edited by L1onheartNew

It's a great idea but you just knew it would be executed terribly, didn't you?  Just catching up on this thread and realise I'm far from the only one who wouldn't part with any money before finding out whether anyone actually saw anything on Saturday.

3 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

It's a great idea but you just knew it would be executed terribly, didn't you?  Just catching up on this thread and realise I'm far from the only one who wouldn't part with any money before finding out whether anyone actually saw anything on Saturday.

Without having to trawl through the thread, did anyone in the UK manage to get it working with a VPN?

On 05/08/2017 at 0:07 PM, Blue_Guru said:

I keep getting kicked out stating that my account is in use on another device which can't be the case as I only registered on my iPhone! 

Only just realised it won't let you log in on more than one device. That's fucking ridiculous.

It won't let me listen on my phone because I'm logged in on my laptop. Quite a lot of people have both a phone and a computer. Latics Player didn't require you to log out on one device in order to log in on another, therefore iFollow are charging more money for a more limited service.

12 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Tried to sign up using VPN - but the form won't let me pay as my billing address doesn't match my VPN location.

Anyone any ideas?

Do I just create the account browsing from the UK and then use the VPN to view?

Thats the way I did it.  Created my account via uk, saved card details, then logged into vpn, onto ifollow and picked option i wanted.  Processed grand.

8 minutes ago, PatchLatics said:

VPN pal. Makes it looks like you are in a different country.

But the issue I had was making payment on a VPN.

Options were all cards (no PayPal) and needed a billing address.  Which it failed when didn't match the VPN location.

On 30/06/2017 at 8:36 AM, Stagger Lee said:

I would imagine they are all over this VPN stuff and would not be surprised if the first month or so saw tens of thousands people paying them a subscription because the VPN seemed at first to negate the the systems they have in place. Suddenly they 'discover' a way to block them after they bank the money - a lot of money - then shut them all down and keep the cash.

It's actually a great business model, people can't sue them or claim back their money and they don't have to provide the bandwidth to service them.  Kerching!

Just thought I would repeat this for those trying to find a way of not giving Oldham Athletic their rightful money for watching them play.

Am I the only one who feels uncomfortable that avoiding paying Oldham money is so celebrated on this forum?

15 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Nope, it's a great service for expats but I would be more comfortable with it if illegal streaming from within the U.K. was an impossible option ...we have enough armchair 'fans' as it is!!

I am, and have been for 30 years, a season ticket holder.

However would be willing to pay $130 for the away games and the odd home game I cannot make due to work / social commitments.

Apart from the fact I don't have an foreign bank account.