Parking

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

I always pay £3 and park on the bottom block hospital car park.Only a minutes walk to the ground and quick and easy to get away.

Midweek games can be a bit risky due to the hospital staff and visitors.

Plus Pennine Acute are sticklers for parking enforcement, and lots of the hospital is now staff only.

8 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Midweek games can be a bit risky due to the hospital staff and visitors.

Plus Pennine Acute are sticklers for parking enforcement, and lots of the hospital is now staff only.

Parking enforcement don't work at night. You'll be fine parking on the bottom block.

5 hours ago, scorpiofc said:

Looking to take my old man on Tuesday, he needs the car though whereas I walk in. Apart from the main car park, does anyone know if the hospital or b&q still allow sneaky parking?

Don't know whether it's too much of a walk, but always loads of space on Elk Mill.

8 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I always pay £3 and park on the bottom block hospital car park.Only a minutes walk to the ground and quick and easy to get away.

Be careful though as some of that carpark that backs onto the buildings is permit holders only, it's pretty well signposted. Stick to the spaces away from the buildings and you'll be just fine, it fills up pretty quick within an hour of kick off so arrive in good time.

Club car park is season pass only but the house right by the gate has space for 4 or 5 cars and charges a fiver if you just knock on his door. Then there’s the hospital car park up the side of B&Q for £3 which has a club official taking payment and giving you a ticket for your window. 

I normally stick it on Clayton Green next to the Premier Inn and having a pint before walking over to the ground. It’s free!

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2017 at 11:41 AM, oafc_lover said:

Club car park is season pass only but the house right by the gate has space for 4 or 5 cars and charges a fiver if you just knock on his door. Then there’s the hospital car park up the side of B&Q for £3 which has a club official taking payment and giving you a ticket for your window. 

I normally stick it on Clayton Green next to the Premier Inn and having a pint before walking over to the ground. It’s free!

Free pints, no wonder a lot park there.