3 minutes ago, no1laticsfan said:

Preston to Scunthorpe is a 2 hour drive. That's easily commutable. I do Rochdale to Nottingham, work 8 hours then drive home 5 days a week. 

3 minutes ago, no1laticsfan said:

Preston to Scunthorpe is a 2 hour drive. That's easily commutable. I do Rochdale to Nottingham, work 8 hours then drive home 5 days a week. 

Its two hours on quiet roads. It would be three hours in the mornings and two hours after training.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, no1laticsfan said:

All depends on what Doyle wants to do. There are loads of factors. Nobody can guess so why try. 

This is it really. We are just boredly speculating tho, leave us to it ?

In summary, logistically and assuming he doesn’t want to move, he is probably going to sign for us, preston, fleetwood, blackburn.

Ourselves and Fleetwood are also handily placed for nipping home home for a couple of days sometimes, Fleetwood a bit more than us in truth as he can use Blackpool and Liverpool.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not that much of an uproot to scunthorpe though is it. I mean it is commutable

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

You wouldn't move the family, but a four hour round trip must come into the equation.

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Not from Preston it isn’t.

It involves, no matter which way he goes, a commute across/around Leeds which is a nightmare.

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Def not commutable. He would need to move. 

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Preston to Scunthorpe is not commutable, it’s at least 5hrs per day at least five times a week, which would mean spending over one day in seven sat in a car in traffic.

59 minutes ago, no1laticsfan said:

54 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Its two hours on quiet roads. It would be three hours in the mornings and two hours after training.

2 hours, 5 hours, commutable, not commutable - which is the FAKE NEWS, which isn't?

Either way it's all fascinating stuff so far! And the Jargon Lads haven't even pitched in yet!

1 minute ago, palmer1 said:

For 8k a week I'd uproot my family and sit in traffic. If you think he won't move somewhere because of the drive have a word with yourself!

He turned teams down from down South before he to us and he stated his family were settled up North so it must be a factor? 

45 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Who are the jargon lads?

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We do have one self proclaimed wordsmith who posts on here regularly, maybe HB was referring to him?

There are a few of them.

They churn out lingo & acronyms from their workplaces/industries that people who don't also do their job wouldn't possibly understand in, I assume, an effort to appear clever only for those of us reading to think "what a dickhead". 

He will go where ever pays the most, anyone who thinks differently doesn’t get football. We had it with ripley, he loves it here, he’s got first team football and so on so on. It’s a job they don’t care, some may but most don’t. Yes he likes scoring goals but I bet u If he had the choice of ten k a week and never score again or seven and bang them in he would choose 10k. It’s a short career and even if it wasn’t why would u take less money. It’s just wishful thinking I don’t believe anyone truly believes that he would consider anything other than the best offer on the tabke!

I suspect the reason this has got in the press today is that Preston leaked it to kick off a bidding war. There will be no shortage of clubs interested in signing him and they'll be hoping a bit of competition will drive the fee a fair bit higher than £300k.

I see it has been suggested he could just stay on his Preston contract and go on loan again rather than move permanently. In practice

that's unlikely. Were he to refuse to move I suspect Preston would tell him he'll be training with the kids rather than going out on loan again.

Under the Corney regime, I'd say we have 0% chance of being able to pay the fee and match his wage demands and ambitions. If AL is in charge by January, who knows ?

5 minutes ago, latics22 said:

He will go where ever pays the most, anyone who thinks differently doesn’t get football. We had it with ripley, he loves it here, he’s got first team football and so on so on. It’s a job they don’t care, some may but most don’t. Yes he likes scoring goals but I bet u If he had the choice of ten k a week and never score again or seven and bang them in he would choose 10k. It’s a short career and even if it wasn’t why would u take less money. It’s just wishful thinking I don’t believe anyone truly believes that he would consider anything other than the best offer on the tabke!

There must be he odd occasion where a player stays where he's happy and playing well provided the money on offer is at or above where he wants/needs it to be albeit a bit less than what someone else is offering? 

He could earn more next season on the back of banging in 20 or 30 for us than he might if it goes tits up somewhere like Scunthorpe. It's already gone tits up for him at PNE so he might be mindful of this...

26 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

There are a few of them.

They churn out lingo & acronyms from their workplaces/industries that people who don't also do their job wouldn't possibly understand in, I assume, an effort to appear clever only for those of us reading to think "what a dickhead". 

Phew. I was going to refer to the £300K price as a ‘sleeper’ so that all the other art dealers on here would now know what field I worked in.

Close call.

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

He wasn’t when he tweeted that information.

Then the situation changed and there was new information. 

He was specifically asked about Doyle, so unless whoever it was that asked had a lucky guess that, of all the strikers in the world, they wanted to know about Doyle, then I'd hazard a guess that when he said it wasn't on, it was on. 

Archived