January transfer window

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Baxter's dad allegedly spotted at BP today and Ibby/not Ibby directly tweeting Wellens about Marouane Chamakh..... :grin:

Is this the Marouane Chamakh who doesn't appear to have kicked a ball in anger since December 2016? :laught16: This is stretching it a bit, even for Ibby.

8 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Is this the Marouane Chamakh who doesn't appear to have kicked a ball in anger since December 2016? :laught16: This is stretching it a bit, even for Ibby.

I don't know about that. He was still banging on about Steve Marlet 3 years after he retired!

10 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

He is French though which brings him into the equation.

Having watched the second part of Wellens' ifollow interview, I'd say he sounds fairly confident of getting all 3 of the star loan players back.

Says that Bryan is his number 1 target, then that Byrne is number 1 too and that Doyle isn't quite number 1, but only because he can't play for a few months. But he then says if he gets all 3 of them back, plus another striker, he'll be very confident. Sounded like the other striker could well be JCH. When asked about him he didn't deny interest but said a deal couldn't be done before Saturday because we're playing Rotherham.

3 minutes ago, bozman said:

Having watched the second part of Wellens' ifollow interview, I'd say he sounds fairly confident of getting all 3 of the star loan players back.

Says that Bryan is his number 1 target, then that Byrne is number 1 too and that Doyle isn't quite number 1, but only because he can't play for a few months. But he then says if he gets all 3 of them back, plus another striker, he'll be very confident. Sounded like the other striker could well be JCH. When asked about him he didn't deny interest but said a deal couldn't be done before Saturday because we're playing Rotherham.

It seems quite common for players to transfer between clubs that have just played each other.

11 minutes ago, bozman said:

He's hoping to have another striker (not Clarke-Harris) in for tomorrow.... 

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He's hoping to have another striker (not Clarke-Harris) in for tomorrow.... 

Yeah, I forgot he said that. Although he did say there was only a small chance. Also no mention of needing a left back so may be Hunt won't be out for too long.