January transfer window

2 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

On 09/01/2018 at 2:55 PM, palmer1 said:

They shoot they score

Yeah, you’ve not slated him tho ?

Can we cherry pick some more games and deduct the minutes he did make saves in ?

'it seems if they shoot they score at the moment ' The words of Richie Wellens the Oldham Athletic manager! 

Cherry pick what you want but 8 conceded in 9 shots are fact but you proved that to be untrue with your opinion?

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Would people have made such a big deal about Ripley’s clean sheets had they been armed with this newfound knowlege that it’s so easy? 

By that token would everyone have gone easier on Wilson, Ruddy, Cornell, Coleman or any of the previous keepers if they could kick better.

4 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

By that token would everyone have gone easier on Wilson, Ruddy, Cornell, Coleman or any of the previous keepers if they could kick better.

4 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

To be fair, Placide is yet to literally throw it in his own goal from a corner 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

1 hour ago, palmer1 said:

'it seems if they shoot they score at the moment ' The words of Richie Wellens the Oldham Athletic manager! 

Cherry pick what you want but 8 conceded in 9 shots are fact but you proved that to be untrue with your opinion?

They shoot they score suggests to me some players are not closing down properly.

2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

On the one hand you have Rachubka, who self-identifies as a dwarf, and then you have Connor Ripley, who is fantastic. Placide is nearer to the latter. Adding to that his distribution is on another level I’m happy to have him.

We've had many worse keepers than Rachubka in recent years too.

13 hours ago, NewBlue said:

On the one hand you have Rachubka, who self-identifies as a dwarf, and then you have Connor Ripley, who is fantastic. Placide is nearer to the latter. Adding to that his distribution is on another level I’m happy to have him.

Agree with that. For me their are 7-8 positions we need to strengthen before we look at Goalkeeper.

8 minutes ago, Hands on said:

23 goals in nine before he was picked.  26 goals in 18 since he was picked.  

We were shit but relatively tight defensively under Shez but much more open and attacking under Wellens.

That's fine when you're scoring plenty of goals but not so good when your strikers are playing like a bunch of Jaffa's.

Could Placide have done better with some of those 26 goals? Yes, but I'm not concerned about keeping him in the starting eleven as he was such a big part of our initial renaissance.

Considering how many players we have now shipped out, Green the latest and Banks rumoured for Swindon, isn't it time they started ie tomorrow registering the four we have 'brought' in so they are available for Saturday?

OR is the official line not the whole story?

37 minutes ago, LaticsLen said:

Keep the oppo guessing. 

This is what I think is happening. Rotherham won’t have a clue what to work on in regards to our players.

Wouldnt surprise me at all if they were all registered already. I’m sure we wouldn’t have committed to making signings knowing we would financially have to ship players out afterwards. What if no one wanted to loan any of them?

8 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

This is what I think is happening. Rotherham won’t have a clue what to work on in regards to our players.

Wouldnt surprise me at all if they were all registered already. I’m sure we wouldn’t have committed to making signings knowing we would financially have to ship players out afterwards. What if no one wanted to loan any of them?

7 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Yes, you’d think the club would only be comfortable with loans out if they were reasonably confident they could replace them with newly registered players.

Are you two new to Latics....?

• Like 2