January transfer window

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Rumour has it that some of the #FrenchLads are on £3k a week.

Could well not be true though. Think Green and Holloway will be on decent money too.

Not sure on the figures, but one of Omrani or Mauoche (can not remember which one) are quite handsomely paid by us...

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

6 then so technically we’re less bloated than we were. I don’t think we can do much about the foreign lads that have come in, obvs lemsibabies. I’m sure he will see sense when he realises he is shelling out for players that don’t even make the squad

What do you mean ‘can’t do much about the foreign lads’?

Nepo and Placide are definitely League One standard and that Omrani has been a decent back up

3 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Nepo and Placide are definitely League One standard and that Omrani has been a decent back up

Yep, I initially thought we might be getting a load of dross, but they've been more than fine. This biggest disappointment has been Queensy, who was on paper, the best signing of the lot. 

1 hour ago, frizzell54 said:

Average workers wage is way off.

Probably Male full-time employment subset.

50 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Sure is way off.  The average UK full time pay is only 27k today let alone 15 years ago.

It will be indexed at the time, and salaries have been dropped in real terms. Also, that was correct at time of publication.

Bank of England stats to 2015

DTGehH5WkAAsjlf.jpg

Edited by singe

18 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

That explains where he was then - not chosen. Maybe a few more can move on, such as son of Banksy, and we can get some good additions. A takeover, that's what we need now! :D

41 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I'd say Nepo and Placide have been average, Omrani has done nothing for me and the rest are being paid for playing the odd reserve game, we'd of been better off without in my eyes and could of got better for far less money.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd say Nepo and Placide have been average, Omrani has done nothing for me and the rest are being paid for playing the odd reserve game, we'd of been better off without in my eyes and could of got better for far less money.

Id say Placide has been better than average - the rest id agree. Maouche looked decent in his brief cameo on Sat i thought. Fact is that those signings are  part of the takeover though so doubt we had much choice.

21 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd say Nepo and Placide have been average, 

Placide's been average? 

Fucking hell. 

It baffles me that you and a few others keep trawling this shite out. 

Can you not reconcile the fact that he does what he does with his feet AND does the usual goalkeeping stuff quite well too? 

I can't fathom what else it could be. 

He's a very, very good keeper at this level.

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Omrani's been crap when he's started but I can't think of many better regular substitutes we've had in recent years. He's been great when he's come on late. 

Just now, HarryBosch said:

Placide's been average? 

Fucking hell. 

Can you not reconcile the fact that he does what he does with his feet AND does the usual goalkeeping stuff quite well too? 

Yes. But what's his goals allowed average and shutout statistics?

24 minutes ago, 4froale said:

Arse. Town hall. Steps.

I know people are laughing this off, but he's not really done much when he was on loan in The Championship and it doesn't appear that many clubs are chasing him.

We're not talking about a young player on the cusp of playing for Manure. He's been in the reserves for quite a few years now and only caught a few games for the first team when they were scraping the barrel for players under Moyes.

It probably is bullshit but I wouldn't consider this one of those "how did we get him?" Sort of signings. He's a young striker with a below average scoring record. He's probably destined for League One/Two.

Didn't he play against us pre season? When every other recognisable Man Utd player was off touring America. Doesn't look like he's got much of a future there.

50 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Placide's been average? 

Fucking hell. 

They shoot they score, he does not stop enough shots that are on target.

Id wager heavily that if everyone didn't get gooey eyes at his kicking & distribution ability early doors this would have been noticed at lot sooner.

He's decent for this level Harry not very very good. However he could be if he kept the fucker out of the net more often!

And before anybody blames the defence completely for his lack of saves & errors in previous games. If you didn't mention them for the previous 5 keeper hounded by the fans then don't bother now. 

10 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

I know people are laughing this off, but he's not really done much when he was on loan in The Championship and it doesn't appear that many clubs are chasing him.

We're not talking about a young player on the cusp of playing for Manure. He's been in the reserves for quite a few years now and only caught a few games for the first team when they were scraping the barrel for players under Moyes.

It probably is bullshit but I wouldn't consider this one of those "how did we get him?" Sort of signings. He's a young striker with a below average scoring record. He's probably destined for League One/Two.

Didn't he play against us pre season? When every other recognisable Man Utd player was off touring America. Doesn't look like he's got much of a future there.

Sheffield Untied want him according to yesterday's papers.

I'd imagine he'd opt to play in the Championship if that option is open to him.

56 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

More twitter  speculation.. James Wilson Man United striker on loan.

You really need to step back and have a think before passing on information off Twitter. Just a quick look at the account that posted it and it’s clear as day that it’s absolute bollocks. 

‘TransferCentre9’

It would also save you the trouble of posting it up on here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Placide's been average? 

Fucking hell. 

Agreed. 

Nepo has pleasantly surprised me and would have no issue in keeping him.

Placide is entertaining that’s for sure, and whilst he could have done a little better for some goals, he’s pulled off some blinders too. 

Hes capable at this level that’s for sure, so baffled by the complaints. 

That being said, I’d still take Ripley next season without any hesitation.