January transfer window

26 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

You really need to step back and have a think before passing on information off Twitter. Just a quick look at the account that posted it and it’s clear as day that it’s absolute bollocks. 

‘TransferCentre9’

It would also save you the trouble of posting it up on here.

5000plus followers...doing ok for a bollocks account.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Placide's been average? 

Fucking hell. 

It baffles me that you and a few others keep trawling this shite out. 

Can you not reconcile the fact that he does what he does with his feet AND does the usual goalkeeping stuff quite well too? 

I can't fathom what else it could be. 

He's a very, very good keeper at this level.

He isn't, Dave. He is decent enough, and fairly entertaining, but to call him a very, very good keeper at this level is really overstating his ability...

35 minutes ago, bozman said:

Sheffield Untied want him according to yesterday's papers.

I'd imagine he'd opt to play in the Championship if that option is open to him.

Yeah, I wondered why no Championship teams have already been in for him since his last spell but it appears he was injured for a year. I thought he left Derby 'cause his loan spell had finished and they didn't wanna keep him and he'd just been playing in Manure's reserves since. But that's not the case.

For which I'll retract my post. He'll probably go back out on loan to The Championship.

37 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

You really need to step back and have a think before passing on information off Twitter. Just a quick look at the account that posted it and it’s clear as day that it’s absolute bollocks. 

‘TransferCentre9’

It would also save you the trouble of posting it up on here.

It's a forum, I''ll  post what I want not what you tell me, fans love a rumour, that's life.

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's a forum, I''ll  post what I want not what you tell me, fans love a rumour, that's life.

@ITKAgentBaz: Oldham Athletic are looking to sign Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi for £274m.

So we are now on seven out and three not quite in.

I've wondered how they would apply the wages cap in relation to Menig.  No way are we paying him 10k per week without 'someone' refunding a large if not all of his cost.  BUT the wages cap is a percentage of turnover and I assume the refund is regarded as a donation  included in turnover but only a percentage  counts towards the amount we can spend so his playing for us restricts what we can spend on the rest of the squad.

18 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Fans are more likely to appreciate something that has a basis of truth. Otherwise we can all just make up shit for attention!

Fans aren't bothered, any news which creates some hope is welcome these days.

20 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Fans are more likely to appreciate something that has a basis of truth. Otherwise we can all just make up shit for attention!

I trust you write to the newspapers condemning their transfer rumours, many of which come to nothing?