January transfer window

55 minutes ago, jbroyton said:

Who by?

Just to clarify, I will never reveal who tells me anything again. The other day, I said that Ben Pringle had told me some stuff in the gym. That same evening, a woman on Twitter (SaucyCaz) was tweeting him saying it was a disgrace that he was giving out information.

However, I will say this - my info on Byrne, Bryan and Doyle hasn't come from Pringle...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Just to clarify, I will never reveal who tells me anything again. The other day, I said that Ben Pringle had told me some stuff in the gym. That same evening, a woman on Twitter (SaucyCaz) was tweeting him saying it was a disgrace that he was giving out information.

However, I will say this - my info on Byrne, Bryan and Doyle hasn't come from Pringle...

What an idiot she is! Sharing a bit of reliable transfer gossip is hardly sharing nuclear secrets with the Iranians. I look forward to seeing a bit of gossip when I read this board. I’m sure most others do too.

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Is she saucy or fat?

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I’m sure he’ll be bothered by what Saucey Caz has to say in view of her 53 Twitter followers...

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I want Bryan back as much as the next person, but - if Edmundson is the real deal (you can't say that he is just based on a half decent match yesterday) giving him a run instead would be better for the club long term..... 

If only there was some other solution to this baffling conundrum 

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

What a bizarre question...

I thought that too.

Then I thought if Rebel Wilson posted a sultry headshot on Twitter or Facebook, would I fall for it instantly, or would i be justified in asking the same?

Just had a rethink. As you were.

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

With Jamie Stott going out on loan I can see that happening, plus another centre back in maybe.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/january/15012018-jamie-stott-loan/

I'm a little surprised that Stott hasn't featured more this season.  He impressed at the end of last season and looked like he had potential.

24 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'm a little surprised that Stott hasn't featured more this season.  He impressed at the end of last season and looked like he had potential.

Kean Bryan offers everything Stott does with a whole lot more besides. Whilst Stott did play well on our pudding of a pitch last season, a big weakness of his is on the turn. He is very slow turning and given the problems we had when Gerrard and Clarke played early on I can see why he hasn’t got much game time for us.

Edited by rudemedic

They're probably gonna announce the takeover before (or at the same time) they announce the signings I imagine. If AL has put up the cash the make these signings possible he'll probably want people to know that, so it makes sense to have those signings be his first big contribution. Y'know have it as a bit of a fanfare announcement when he takes over.

That's what I'd do anyway, otherwise they could look like they were the old regime's doing.

27 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

They're probably gonna announce the takeover before (or at the same time) they announce the signings I imagine. If AL has put up the cash the make these signings possible he'll probably want people to know that, so it makes sense to have those signings be his first big contribution. Y'know have it as a bit of a fanfare announcement when he takes over.

That's what I'd do anyway, otherwise they could look like they were the old regime's doing.

I'd put them in right away so the football club I'm spending a few million on doesn't get relegated.

We all know it's not SC putting up the money for any signings we're going to make