January transfer window

21 hours ago, mickjagger said:

Will win his fair share of headers when i have seen him previously he is a very good jumper.

Should we vest our hopes in him then?

Hopefully aerial ability is in his genes and so as you say he'll be a threat from crosses.

Sorry, I'll stop there before it gets any worse. In my defence I'm bored waiting for news of The Event.

18 hours ago, palmer1 said:

Can you explain his recent spell of conceding 8 goals in 9 efforts on target?

The ratio has not improved very much since that recent run. 

I can. The stats are wrong.

He made 2 cracking saves at Shrewsbury as well as the parry for the goal. Did we lose 3-0?

Edited by boundaryblue80

16 hours ago, nzlatic said:

For me Hunt is at fault for the Bristol Rovers goal, he should have shielded the ball back then Placide was in a good position to collect. Hunt was weak so Placide was caught in no mans land. 

Plymouth he was left totally exposed for all for all of them I think. 

Not saying he hasn’t made mistakes. Just that I don’t consider the recent run of most shots going in as down to him. 

Anyone blaming him for the Bristol Rovers goal really are fucking clueless. Plain and simple. Bryan is the one who heads it aimlessly to a Rovers player then runs under the ball when it's headed back leaving JP totally exposed.

Edited by boundaryblue80

6 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I can. The stats are wrong.

He made 2 cracking saves at Shrewsbury as we as the parry for the goal. Did we lose 3-0?

Goal at Shrewsbury was his fault he should or pushed it away from goal, was lucky not to concede another minutes later when he did exactly the same, he needs to stop trying to look flashy  for the fans and do the basics solidly and start keeping clean sheets.

4 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Goal at Shrewsbury was his fault he should or pushed it away from goal, was lucky not to concede another minutes later when he did exactly the same, he needs to stop trying to look flashy  for the fans and do the basics solidly and start keeping clean sheets.

Like Mr Ripley at Bury clean sheets are plentiful there NOT

Just now, mickjagger said:

It wasn't. It's easier for folk to think it was though. I was right behind it at the game. Was hit hard, from inside the area, around 2 players so his view was blocked and I suspect he was expecting it to be hit around into the corner (as I did). That's why he had moved towards the corner slightly and it meant all he could do was parry it. In real time, it really wasn't as easy to stop as those baying for his blood make out.

He also made 2 cracking saves. Plus the other one you have mentioned that he also parried. So wow.....FOUR shots on target...1 goal conceded.

The stats are wrong. I rest my case.

12 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

It wasn't. It's easier for folk to think it was though. I was right behind it at the game. Was hit hard, from inside the area, around 2 players so his view was blocked and I suspect he was expecting it to be hit around into the corner (as I did). That's why he had moved towards the corner slightly and it meant all he could do was parry it. In real time, it really wasn't as easy to stop as those baying for his blood make out.

He also made 2 cracking saves. Plus the other one you have mentioned that he also parried. So wow.....FOUR shots on target...1 goal conceded.

The stats are wrong. I rest my case.

Is he blameless why we have conceded so many goals & do you think he has had a good season so far if so what would you score him out of ten?

28 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

It wasn't. It's easier for folk to think it was though. 

Including the manager in a couple on interviews....

The stats may be wrong or the may have been 8 out of 9 prior to shrews & he certainly isn't being hounded but he certainly gets away with lot more than previous keepers when it comes to errors. That's good but certainly doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed. Although I forget the owtbs rule  that everybody is fair game for a absolute character as assassination based on a football match unless he's a fan favourite.

Oh & the Bristol goal. If he doesn't come off his line as Hunt had caught him the striker then he doesn't make it easy for the lob. Made the decision an easy one for him (defence also at fault)

Edited by palmer1

10 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Including the manager in a couple on interviews....

The stats may be wrong or the may have been 8 out of 9 prior to shrews & he certainly isn't being hounded but he certainly gets away with lot more than previous keepers when it comes to errors. That's good but certainly doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed. Although I forget the owtbs rule  that everybody is fair game for a absolute character as assassination based on a football match unless he's a fan favourite.

Oh & the Bristol goal. If he doesn't come off his line as Hunt had caught him the striker then he doesn't make it easy for the lob. Made the defence vision for him (defence also at fault)

If he hadn't come off his line, he would've got slagged off for that too.

I can't wait till the day we play without defenders and then we can blame the keeper solely for every goal.

16 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Is he blameless why we have conceded so many goals & do you think he has had a good season so far if so what would you score him out of ten?

There's the odd time I've thought he could've done a bit better but while the defence are cocking up badly every game and leaving him totally exposed, I won't be slating him. And I'm the last person to be wowwed by someone being "flash". I'd give him a 7/10 so far which is perfectly acceptable in my book.

3 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

If he hadn't come off his line, he would've got slagged off for that too.

I can't wait till the day we play without defenders and then we can blame the keeper solely for every goal.

If he stayed back yhen hunt would more likely have tackled him or got to challenge at the very least.  I did mention that the defence was at fault not just JP..

Dont go giving your opinion or criticising other players in the squad you never know who might get upset when it differs to yours eh?

4 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

There's the odd time I've thought he could've done a bit better but while the defence are cocking up badly every game and leaving him totally exposed, I won't be slating him. And I'm the last person to be wowwed by someone being "flash". I'd give him a 7/10 so far which is perfectly acceptable in my book.

Slating him? Or offering an opinion on a keeper who has done very well at times but could have done much better on others.

6/10 

4 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

We have conceded 49 goals the most goals conceded in the entire league and you score him 7/10 i am flabbergasted.

The keeper is the last line of defence. There as a last resort in case the opposition get through the defence.

No keeper on earth is going to save every shot. At the end of the day most 1v1’s are a guessing game, like penalties.

As the game has grown and changed over the years, goalkeepers have become a lot more important to teams with the birth of ‘sweeper keepers’ and other unorthodox styles of keeper like JP himself.

What he adds is great feet and an outlet for the defence to pass back to when under pressure. Also enabling us to play out quite literally from the back which is exactly what RW wants us to do.

Suppose my main point is that very rarely is one individual to blame for a goal. Like Shez used to say...when we conceded, he’d look 2 or 3 moments back and there is always something that could have been done to prevent a goal.

7 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

If he stayed back yhen hunt would more likely have tackled him or got to challenge at the very least.  I did mention that the defence was at fault not just JP..

Dont go giving your opinion or criticising other players in the squad you never know who might get upset when it differs to yours eh?

6 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Slating him? Or offering an opinion on a keeper who has done very well at times but could have done much better on others.

6/10 

You've blamed him for nearly every goal we've conceded in recent weeks. And came up with some bogus facts. Don't get upset when I point out you're wrong. And talking rubbish.

Edited by boundaryblue80

22 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

You've blamed him for nearly every goal we've conceded in recent weeks. And came up with some bogus facts. Don't get upset when I point out you're wrong. And talking rubbish.

Lol upset? You're the one who seems defensive calling posters fucking clueless because they're opinions differ.

You offered an opinion of what you saw at Shrewsbury. What you typed above is rubbish! I've offered opinion on when he could have done better or at fault but  i also pointed out and blamed the defence. If I could be arsed I'd research the games but it was common knowledge he had conceded 8 out of  9 shots at one point. RW mentioned also. 

Edit: turns out I could be arsd

Plymouth, Fleetwood , Bristol Rover & 16 mins at Shrews

9 shots 8 conceded!

By end of Shrews 11 shots 8 conceded. Thanks for pointing out how wrong I was. 

Edited by palmer1