Fans meeting with AL 22/03/2019

There is certainly some odd behaviour from AL,PS and the press whist I really wanted PS to succeed, he no longer affects OAFC, however AL does. Im not intereseted in the slightest if Scoles lied his arse off but I am very interested in AL continually giving snippets of truth shrouded in BS. I honestly dont ‘get it’ whats AL got to gain by lying, why does he feel the need, what the frigg is he doing in Oldham and what does he want.  I suspect that there is more to the land takeover than meets the eye but thats in no way aimed at the trust. What happened to just going to see football, having a good shout and scream and a pint. All about money,  money, money sadly I fear for football in the whole but especially the leagues below the championship.

My personal message to AL is give me a reason to trust you and not doubt you. Just one !!!!! 

Edited by andy_b_100

3 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

There is certainly some odd behaviour from AL,PS and the press whist I really wanted PS to succeed, he no longer affects OAFC, however AL does. Im not intereseted in the slightest if Scoles lied his arse off but I am very interested in AL continually giving snippets of truth shrouded in BS. I honestly dont ‘get it’ whats AL got to gain by lying, why does he feel the need, what the frigg is he doing in Oldham and what does he want.  I suspect that there is more to the land takeover than meets the eye but thats in no way aimed at the trust. What happened to just going to see football, having a good shout and scream and a pint. All about money,  money, money sadly I fear for football in the whole but especially the leagues below the championship.

My personal message to AL is give me a reason to trust you and not doubt you. Just one !!!!! 

Well said Andy b 100.

within that you have also got to come to a view as to why you don’t trust him (if that’s what you are saying). We need a diagnosis on AL’s tenure to date. 

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

According to that Craig Davies left because he was disrespectful to Wellens in front of the team. Just a reminder below is what Davies said about the owner at the time and his thoughts on Wellens and the club

Davies Leaves Oldham

At the meeting they cite poor etiquette by The Mail in not giving the club opportunity to comment on the recent article. In the Davies piece, the Evening News gave such an opportunity which the club declined. There are mixed messages everywhere making it so difficult for fans to see the truth. One thing is easy for me, I don't want to have a taste of any pie that Barry Owen has had his finger in. As someone on Twitter said, if he wants to try to bring fans back on side, he needs to get rid of the self seeking, red fleeced buffoon. 

43 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

It seems apparent there has been no such bidding process, as otherwise the Trust would be aware of it already.  He is lying! (Again)

I'll just repeat what I said above:

That can't be right. Could easily lead to a whole series of vexatious bids. 

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

Broadly speaking, my understanding is that the council has to be formally notified if current owners make a move to sell. 6 months grace is then provided during which time the owners cannot sell, to enable a community group to table a deal.

A notice will go up at BP when the notification to the council has been made. No such notice has been placed at BP as yet to my knowledge.

a receipt of an offer to buy the land (outside of a process of attempting to sell the land) doesn’t trigger the ACV process (as outlined above) as far as I am aware.

we are not aware of any formal attempt by the owner to buy the ground 

Exactly. Only a formally accepted offer to buy or offer for sale will trigger it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Ok thanks for clearing that up so he doesn't have to let the Trust know he's attempting to buy the land by law. It would just be advisable bearing in mind they are fans and shareholders of the club.

My head spins with how complicated it is and how it became complicated

The club is a business, it has two  current board members the owner (Al)  and the Trust Representative (TBA since recent resignation).

Both responsible for running the business that is OAFC, partners why would one partner not tell the other of the suture plan of the business/club? 

I am glad Al has engaged with the fans, I don;t know if it has answered fans questions in the main or opened himself up for more. 

Anyways, todays meeting has an agenda that has been published and will be maintained. It's about a meeting of minds and the next step we take together.

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, Theoutsider said:

It seems apparent there has been no such bidding process, as otherwise the Trust would be aware of it already.  He is lying! (Again)

The first part is just plain wrong, that’s not how it works. The second part is unadvisable on a forum. 

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Whipping everyone together for a protest against him isn't doing that btw lol 

Do they should the feelings are strong amongst the fan base and they are their to represent the fans.

59 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

At the meeting they cite poor etiquette by The Mail in not giving the club opportunity to comment on the recent article. In the Davies piece, the Evening News gave such an opportunity which the club declined. There are mixed messages everywhere making it so difficult for fans to see the truth. One thing is easy for me, I don't want to have a taste of any pie that Barry Owen has had his finger in. As someone on Twitter said, if he wants to try to bring fans back on side, he needs to get rid of the self seeking, red fleeced buffoon. 

Barry Owen is coming across as a Littlefinger/Frank Underwood kind of character he doesn't care what's the best for the club but more a power hungry politician.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Do they should the feelings are strong amongst the fan base and they are their to represent the fans.

agreed but plenty of times they've dismissed the fans opinion that things are messed up and said not their place to get involved 

Barry Owen is coming across as a Littlefinger/Frank Underwood kind of character he doesn't care what's the best for the club but more a power hungry politician

I like the comparison

39 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Whipping everyone together for a protest against him isn't doing that btw lol 

Today is not a protest. Read the agenda and associated press releases. It’s bringing fans together to understand and define the collect concerns which fans have and agree a means of making those clear to the owner.

That is not a protest in the sense you are clearly alluding to. There is no whipping up of fans here. 

The trust does not seek to adopt a confrontational stance towards the owner rather we aim for constructive engagement and to effect positive change where needed. 

Please don’t misunderstand what the objectives of today’s meeting are and the trust’s stance and approach towards the current issues at the club

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Today is not a protest. Read the agenda and associated press releases. It’s bringing fans together to understand and define the collect concerns which fans have and agree a means of making those clear to the owner.

That is not a protest in the sense you are clearly alluding to. There is no whipping up of fans here. 

The trust does not seek to adopt a confrontational stance towards the owner rather we aim for constructive engagement and to effect positive change where needed. 

Please don’t misunderstand what the objectives of today’s meeting are and the trust’s stance and approach towards the current issues at the club

Didn’t the trust back a protest last Saturday?

17 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Didn’t the trust back a protest last Saturday?

We backed a peaceful demonstration and it was being planned on that basis (by others). 

my point is that ‘whipping up fans in a protest against the owner’ has somewhat different connotations. 

25 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Good luck with that. I suspect some of those attending have a different view/aim. 

Edited by kowenicki

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Good luck with that. I suspect some of those attending have a different view/aim. 

I'm hoping for a constructive discussion that leads to a clarity of purpose for the trust going forward. This is, of course, difficult with 150 people all with a huge emotional attachment to the club and each with their views. Worth a try...

I just want the truth and it’s not exactly difficult to deliver it...unless you’re not prepared to.

1. Recognise and accept that the Trust is the official representative of the fans who, with no disrespect, are the lifeblood of the future of your club

2. Meet regularly with the Trust - not some propaganda exercise spouted to a carefully selected audience

3. Be open and honest with the Trust, backed with factual evidence -

a. How much did you buy the club for?

b. What is the current legacy debt situation?

c. What is the operating debt situation?

d. What income provision is in place to cover the legac and operating debt?

e. What is the playing budget for next season?

4. What is the managerial/coaching model you are adopting - is it a head coach with your brother responsibility for recruitment or will the manager have total autonomy for recruitment and selection?  If the latter, what assurances can be given to not interfere and jeopardise the success in the pitch unless the performance necessitates intervention.

Its not just Lemsagam.  We fans need to know who is buying the stadium and land plus what their plans are.  

Too many cloaks, too many daggers, too many personal agendas....

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I just want the truth and it’s not exactly difficult to deliver it...unless you’re not prepared to.

1. Recognise and accept that the Trust is the official representative of the fans who, with no disrespect, are the lifeblood of the future of your club

2. Meet regularly with the Trust - not some propaganda exercise spouted to a carefully selected audience

3. Be open and honest with the Trust, backed with factual evidence -

a. How much did you buy the club for?

b. What is the current legacy debt situation?

c. What is the operating debt situation?

d. What income provision is in place to cover the legac and operating debt?

e. What is the playing budget for next season?

4. What is the managerial/coaching model you are adopting - is it a head coach with your brother responsibility for recruitment or will the manager have total autonomy for recruitment and selection?  If the latter, what assurances can be given to not interfere and jeopardise the success in the pitch unless the performance necessitates intervention.

Its not just Lemsagam.  We fans need to know who is buying the stadium and land plus what their plans are.  

Too many cloaks, too many daggers, too many personal agendas....

Thanks. That’s what we want. Clear expressions of what fans want to see from the club and how we want to see it behaving towards its fans. That starts to provide the trust with a mandate 

The agenda is clear...to share views of fans and ideas. To improve ongoing communication..honest, timely and relevant dialogue between owner, club and fans. It is a business at the end of the day but I think it reasonable to expect honesty where info can be shared.

Creating a confrontational relationship will make it worse and surely the owner will lock down...

The lack of trust the fans have is not just based on the time he has had ownership..it is past years where we have discovered what previous 'owners' have been doing. 

This needs fixing...I wonder if the owner agrees or even accepts there is an issue..