Article about fluor green away kit

Hi everyone! I run a wee blog about special football shirts and covered an old Latics away top worn by Neal Eardley this week. Thought it might be interesting to the history buffs among you, so figured I'd share it;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2019/07/24/matchworn-2018-2019-oldham-athletic-away-shirt/

As I am just a casual observer of the club, rather than a fan, I'm quite keen to hear whether I made any mistakes regarding Oldham while writing! I'm also very interested in hearing your thoughts about the club's kits in general, how the current ones are, which tops were the best and the worst, etc.

20190414_140051.jpg

1 hour ago, Club25Football said:

Hi everyone! I run a wee blog about special football shirts and covered an old Latics away top worn by Neal Eardley this week. Thought it might be interesting to the history buffs among you, so figured I'd share it;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2019/07/24/matchworn-2018-2019-oldham-athletic-away-shirt/

As I am just a casual observer of the club, rather than a fan, I'm quite keen to hear whether I made any mistakes regarding Oldham while writing! I'm also very interested in hearing your thoughts about the club's kits in general, how the current ones are, which tops were the best and the worst, etc.

20190414_140051.jpg

Decent. Formed in 1895 not 1894 though.

And depending who you speak ton Oldham is Lancashire not Greater Manchester 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Decent. Formed in 1895 not 1894 though.

And depending who you speak ton Oldham is Lancashire not Greater Manchester 

Oldham has always been in Lancashire and will forever remain so (that's how my late father had me address all correspondence)

Manchester's for Mancs!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Oldham has always been in Lancashire and will forever remain so (that's how my late father had me address all correspondence)

Manchester's for Mancs!

Manchester doesn't exist as a postal county. 

Whats wrong with being a Manc? 

Will put the greater Manchester/Lancashire hiccup down to me not being English - cheers for the input.

16 hours ago, singe said:

The nickname we had on here was monkey sick yellow!

Not half surprised to learn this - and to think it was kept for two seasons even.

15 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

It wasn't green, it was yellow. A pretty disgusting yellow at that. Look at my avatar; that's genuine Oldham. Anything since isn't. I bet @BP1960 and @LaticsPete just might agree with me.

You can tell my camera didn't particularly agree with it either.

13 hours ago, League one forever said:

Nothing beats the bovis Green. 

My favourite kit home or away ever. 

I presume you mean this old number?

image.png.a3382fa60ded15a48b9e64910ddabc7d.png

36 minutes ago, Club25Football said:

Will put the greater Manchester/Lancashire hiccup down to me not being English - cheers for the input.

Not half surprised to learn this - and to think it was kept for two seasons even.

You can tell my camera didn't particularly agree with it either.

I presume you mean this old number?

image.png.a3382fa60ded15a48b9e64910ddabc7d.png

. . . . And. . I’m spent. 

On 7/29/2019 at 7:54 PM, Club25Football said:

20190414_140051.jpg

To think THAT won the fan kit vote!

Imagine if we'd had this gorgeous Barca-style one instead?

06D29DD0-8BE4-4899-AF35-7C158F633D6E.jpeg