Chris O'Grady and Giles Coke

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

It's all a bit strange, no statement regarding either of them, nowhere to be seen ....

...they're training with the kids Shuck.... plenty of pictures of them on tw@tter..... that's the Lemmy's way it seems. Want your employees to leave, treat your employees like sh1t. How very progressive [& considerate of mental health] of them. 

Of course, they'll [O'Grady & Coke] be labelled as bag eggs, like Gerrard, Fane, Davies, Byrne, Duffus, Hunt, Dummigan. Yep, so many terrible people who deserve to be treated this way.

I think it was kind of obvious something like this has occurred but why no statement, why are they not involved, what have they done so badly to deserve this? I thought O'Grady was a hardworking professional.

Not claiming they are the solution to our problems but it all seems a bit strange ..

Just now, oafcshuck said:

I think it was kind of obvious something like this has occurred but why no statement, why are they not involved, what have they done so badly to deserve this? I thought O'Grady was a hardworking professional.

Not claiming they are the solution to our problems but it all seems a bit strange ..

It isnt strange in the slightest for these fuckwits - theyve done it time and time again for nearly 2 years 

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

...they're training with the kids Shuck.... plenty of pictures of them on tw@tter..... that's the Lemmy's way it seems. Want your employees to leave, treat your employees like sh1t. How very progressive [& considerate of mental health] of them. 

Of course, they'll [O'Grady & Coke] be labelled as bag eggs, like Gerrard, Fane, Davies, Byrne, Duffus, Hunt, Dummigan. Yep, so many terrible people who deserve to be treated this way.

Ah yeah...the Lemmy's way 😂🙄

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20875649

Gone on for years at the club 👍

13 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Wondered how long it would be before you piped deflecting Al's twatisms into a Corney-bash.

Dickov's backroom staff were placed on gardening leave, thanked for their services during their time at the club all because we were in dreadful form and in need of some form of change, and fans were ultimately advised as such.

Coke & COG have been summoned to the reserves without nothing so much as a word to anybody.  No club announcement, just like a primary school detention.

Maybe even if the fans knew what the fuck was going on, it'd receive less criticism?  

But never mind eh?  Because Corney.

15 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Wondered how long it would be before you piped deflecting Al's twatisms into a Corney-bash.

Dickov's backroom staff were placed on gardening leave, thanked for their services during their time at the club all because we were in dreadful form and in need of some form of change, and fans were ultimately advised as such.

Coke & COG have been summoned to the reserves without nothing so much as a word to anybody.  No club announcement, just like a primary school detention.

Maybe even if the fans knew what the fuck was going on, it'd receive less criticism?  

But never mind eh?  Because Corney.

We only found out players like James Wilson had left us when he turned up on Sheffield United website. Almost the whole squad disappeared before Robbo was appointed without a word said. You're crying like fuck over stuff that's gone on for years. The hypocrisy over crying about it happening now is laughable 👍

Crack on tho 😂

7 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

We only found out players like James Wilson had left us when he turned up on Sheffield United website. Almost the whole squad disappeared before Robbo was appointed without a word said. You're crying like fuck over stuff that's gone on for years. The hypocrisy over crying about it happening now is laughable 👍

Crack on tho 😂

So you've now moved away from the Dickov bollocks to James Wilson.

The club informed us in May that season of the retained list, and stated that we were still in discussions with James Wilson as his contract was expiring end of June.

He then signed for Sheff United at the start of July.

Nobody is asking for minute-by-minute developments you oddball, but some indication would be nice.

Next.

5 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Crack on tho 😂

Bit of a difference between leaving at the end of a contract and being banished in the middle of one...

If it were all out in the open with website statements, people would claim they were being publically humiliated. It's a no win situation. 

Saying that, I'm not a fan of sending players to train with the kids. Hardly a great message to the kids, and they're not going to be match ready if there are injuries. 

The bigger question is how Coke even got a decent length contract in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

If it were all out in the open with website statements, people would claim they were being publically humiliated. It's a no win situation. 

Saying that, I'm not a fan of sending players to train with the kids. Hardly a great message to the kids, and they're not going to be match ready if there are injuries. 

The bigger question is how Coke even got a decent length contract in the first place. 

On the big list of big mistakes Coke getting a 2 year contract would be pretty low down.

51 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

At least they told us that this was the case...with O'Grady and Coke, as with Hunt, Dummigan, Fane, Byrne etc, we are left guessing. No reasons given why they are placed in there. Nothing.

I mean, they haven't got a squad number and the official channels haven't even announced that Ousmane Fane has left the club.

Treating players, staff and fans (ones who were sat in the north stand for the Crewe game) with utter contempt. It's not right Ross.

9 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

If it were all out in the open with website statements, people would claim they were being publically humiliated. It's a no win situation

They must have or you would like to think that, they have done something wrong for a senior player being banished to train with the youth team rather than the senior side. 

If that was the case, explain that they broke "disciplinary" or "code of conduct" whilst being at the club and then fans are aware.

Seemingly, it's probably neither of these and just down to the fact that the owners don't like O'Grady, Coke just like they didn't with Hunt, Dummigan, Fane, Byrne, Davies (the list is endless!) 

Also, would it take too much time to say "Ousmane Fane has left the club due to mutual consent" - probably not but just brush it under the carpet anyway.

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Bit of a difference between leaving at the end of a contract and being banished in the middle of one...

We banished "innocent until proven guilty" Montano. Think he then sued the club. All these shitty practices have gone on for years. I'd rather they didn't. Using them now when most didn't bat an eyelid is laughable. I'm with you on things like the Pensions and not paying players and trips to the courts...the latter 2 things we don't face any longer etc. Some of the stuff tho...it's ridiculous. As you were tho.

1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

We banished "innocent until proven guilty" Montano. Think he then sued the club. All these shitty practices have gone on for years. I'd rather they didn't. Using them now when most didn't bat an eyelid is laughable. I'm with you on things like the Pensions and not paying players and trips to the courts...the latter 2 things we don't face any longer etc. Some of the stuff tho...it's ridiculous. As you were tho.

Montano was sacked for Gross Misconduct as he was shown on film rigging betting.  That was enough proof on the balance of probabilities which is all thats required under employment law to bin him off.

innocent before a criminal trial is irrelevant many people get sacked even when acquitted of criminal charges, we just did it before.

He also lost at suing the club I believe

2 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

One individual and unusual case is again different from a culture of players and staff disappearing without trace.

37 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Sticking people in training with the youth happens everywhere. Not nice though, unless they've done something wrong. 

Feel sorry for COG as he's never come across as anything other than a proper professional

And he scored half a dozen or so last season. It takes some imagination to see a couple of the current strikers hitting those dizzy heights. 

Archived